[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cadillac is done

fstbck6706

Sad news, not just from a homer perspective, but from seeing a guy work that hard to come back and then this happens.

I picked him up early in one league and was intending to keep him as a good 3rd round keeper possibility. I also feel very sad for him - he's a talented back and a determined person.

I picked him up early in one league and was intending to keep him as a good 3rd round keeper possibility. I also feel very sad for him - he's a talented back and a determined person.

I had done the same thing. I even started him in my leagues Pro Bowl this week so his 2 td's this week were not in vain, he actually helped me win the Pro Bowl.

Just a terrible thing for him to have to endure again after having worked so hard.

I believe for a patella tendon reconstruction, it's 6-8 weeks before you can start real rehab, yeah? Don't ligaments like these take a full year before you're back to 100%? If so, he should have a similar season next year as this year as far as returning to the game and contributing. Meaning he won't be a FF factor and won't really help the Bucs unless they make the playoffs next year.

"RB Cadillac Williams was encouraged by the early diagnosis of his injured left knee.

Williams suffered a torn patellar tendon Sunday, but this time, the tendon tore away from the bone rather than rupturing. That, Williams said, requires a shorter recovery time and apparently is more easily repaired. The hope is he'll be back on the field in time to participate in training camp next year.

Former Bucs receiver Mark Jones suffered a similar injury last season and returned to become the Panthers' leading kick and punt returner this fall.

"If it's the way it's been explained, it's more like the Mark Jones tear," Williams said. "After six to eight weeks, he was rolling. Right now, I'm just hoping for the best. I'll go ahead and have surgery and look forward to rehab."

It was feared that Williams may have suffered a ruptured patellar tendon like he did last season in his right knee. That injury kept him off the field for nearly 14 months until his return in November.

Still, this injury is still a setback for Williams, who looked like he was nearing his old form.

"It's tough," he said. "I was getting a few carries here and there and starting to feel like my old self. My right knee, which is now my good knee, was feeling good. It's just a freak accident. Right now, I have no luck."

Williams suffered a torn patellar tendon Sunday, but this time, the tendon tore away from the bone rather than rupturing. That, Williams said, requires a shorter recovery time and apparently is more easily repaired. The hope is he'll be back on the field in time to participate in training camp next year.

Calm down people....

Calm down people....

Thats what WILLIAMS said? I didnt know he was a doctor...

Lets hear what the doc says before anyone calms down. 2 MAJOR knee injuries in consecutive years is major for a RB.