[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles - Giants

isleseeya

Eagles played the run pretty well today except that one big pop from AP. Tough game to pick. I don't think I'd touch it with a 10 foot pole..

this game is not one I'd put money on...

without Burress, the game is dead even imo...he just causes so many problems for us....

just focusing on Jacobs and the rest of the backfield should be enough to pull the game out if the secondary keeps up their recent play....because Manning will hit Steve Smith all day in the slot if it's what works for him...

Kiss of death for the Eagles when I say this... I think the Birds have a decent shot in this one. The offense (especially the run) needs to show up better than it did against the Vikings, but this should be a close battle that could go either way. The Giants home field might give the game to New York, but I am betting many Giants fans (from a chance to win the game perspective) would much rather have faced Arizona than Philly.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Should be a great match-up decided by two things:

1. Who performs best in the red zone...both teams hit at a below-league-average of around 50%. The Giants have cooled off without having Burress to throw fades to...teams can stack against the run, and have been successful recently in doing just that. Red zone effectiveness has been an achilles for the Eagles all year. Whoever can get over the hump and outperform the other should gain a huge advantage.

2. Turnovers. Pretty simple here....3 of the 4 games this past weekend went to the teams that won the turnover battles. I see no reason to think this game won't follow that trend. Both defensive lines can put a lot of pressure on the QBs. The QB that can handle it best, and protect the football, should have his team in a position to win.

These teams match-up very well with each other, often cancelling out the other's strength. The Eagles shown all season, as well as this past weekend, that they can control the run against a premier rushing attack, so even with a healthy Jacobs, I don't see the Giants running all over the Eagles. Similarly, the Giants have done a great job with Westbrook, and I don't expect him to control the game, either. The Eagles will likely need to take advatange of match-up issues against the LBs in hte passing game if they want Westbrook to have success.

Game should be a toss-up, and will likely come down to the final posession, as each game this year has.

Eagles have that team of destiny feel that worries me as a giants fan ...similar to the giants and their run to the sb last year

As a giant fan ,I hope I am wrong :D

Why don't you just get on your knees and slobber the whole Philly team and get it over with?

Your faith in BigBlue is underwhelming to say the least. :D

And as for the sig/ avy bet , most definitely. :D

I do hope all the eagirl fans here enjoy your win over Tavaris :D and the goldilock bunch though , it WILL be your last win this season. :wacko::D

Why don't you just get on your knees and slobber the whole Philly team and get it over with?

I do hope all the eagirl fans here enjoy your win over Tavaris :D and the goldilock bunch though , it WILL be your last win this season. :wacko::D

There is a method to my madness ( call it some superstition and some reverse psychology ) ... Like i said in an earlier post , I have complete faith in My giants ..had it last year and have it this year

But i rather lay low in the weeds for now ... my bravado will makes its appearance soon enough

this is what I've been expecting....why not talk trash?....win big or lose miserably....

Both of these teams are well deserving of a shot at the big game. Personally I think the superbowl winner comes from the NFC East this year. At the very least I think the NFC rep comes from the East. I hope it is the Giants over the Eagles but the Eagles sure as hell have my respect for not quitting when things looked bleak then taking advantage of their opportunities. This game should be an NFC east slugfest

Both of these teams are well deserving of a shot at the big game. Personally I think the superbowl winner comes from the NFC East this year. At the very least I think the NFC rep comes from the East. I hope it is the Giants over the Eagles but the Eagles sure as hell have my respect for not quitting when things looked bleak then taking advantage of their opportunities. This game should be an NFC east slugfest

cant agree more, i think this is the NFC championship game...the week after will just be a tune-up.

Wow. Creative.

Here's mine: G'Aint's