[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I bought my wife a mac...

Atlanta Cracker

My wife keeps killing cheap computers she uses just for internet stuff and so I finally got fed up with all that and got her a mac mini. Must say you could fit about 10 of these things in the same space as the old junker PC and it's crazy quiet. If my relatively new machine keeps giving me grief I may just become a full on mac guy.

At any rate, everything has been pretty smooth in the transition other than the Address Book. For some reason I see no menu options when I start the address book application on the mac so I can't import her old contacts. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong here? or if there is a menu option to change somewhere that I can't see? I can right click on contacts and have the option of exporting but I see no menus of any type elsewhere to allow importing.

TIA

My wife keeps killing cheap computers she uses just for internet stuff and so I finally got fed up with all that and got her a mac mini. Must say you could fit about 10 of these things in the same space as the old junker PC and it's crazy quiet. If my relatively new machine keeps giving me grief I may just become a full on mac guy.

At any rate, everything has been pretty smooth in the transition other than the Address Book. For some reason I see no menu options when I start the address book application on the mac so I can't import her old contacts. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong here? or if there is a menu option to change somewhere that I can't see? I can right click on contacts and have the option of exporting but I see no menus of any type elsewhere to allow importing.

TIA

hmm, ill ask the mrs but it hink she just used an excel doc to keep track of addressess. not that she would remember anyways because the macbook was the second laptop that she destroyed... :wacko:

TIA

strange, when i open Address Book, there's an Import option under the File menu (the submenu is import vCards, LDIF or text file) . maybe i'm not reading your message correctly?

strange, when i open Address Book, there's an Import option under the File menu (the submenu is import vCards, LDIF or text file) . maybe i'm not reading your message correctly?

I don't see the FILE menu or any menu option at all when I open it. Wonder if there is some other component that needs installing ??

Me too.

I don't see the FILE menu or any menu option at all when I open it. Wonder if there is some other component that needs installing ??

That's the thing, there shouldn't be anything that needs installing. That is (or should be) the beauty of macs. They're locked and loaded for this sort of thing.

Really? At the top left of the screen, it goes apple logo, then address book, then file, then edit. That's pretty much the same as with every other application.

my guess is that you have launched address book and then clicked somewhere away from it (like on the desktop), making the application menus go back to the Finder menus. just click on the address book program icon in the dock again and the menus should show up.