[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beatles albums

budlitebrad

Beatles albums  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best?

• Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Sgt. Pepper's
    • Magic Mystery Tour
    • White Album
    • Abbey Road
    • Let It Be
    • Other

I was talking to someone about music the other day and we got into a hugh Beatles argument. He's convinced that Revolver is the greatest album they ever put out, while I said the White Album. I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but I was curious about what everyone else thinks.

It's tough to rank them, but here is my top 5:

White Album

Abbey Road

Sgt. Pepper's

Revolver

Magical Mystery Tour

You left off "A Hard Days Night" and "Please Please Me".

Yea, I just put "Other" instead of listing all the pre-1965 albums (Please Please Me, Hard Day's Night, With the Beatles, Beatles for Sale). I'm not as big into the early stuff and I never hear them come up too often in this argument.

people, people. it's rubber soul by a landslide.

Drive My Car

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

You Won't See Me

Nowhere Man

Think for Yourself

The Word

Michelle

What Goes On

Girl

I'm Looking Through You

In My Life

Wait

If I Needed Someone

Run for Your Life

just the right mix of pop song beatles, folksy beatles, and stoned beatles. you have songs that showcase the strengths of each of the members, like harrison on 'if i needed someone', mccartney on 'drive my car', lennon on 'norwegian wood' and even ringo on 'what goes on.' and it should be noted that it was on this rock album that the sitar debuted.

all that, and possibly the best beatles song of all time, 'in my life.' beep beep, beep beep yeah.

people, people. it's rubber soul by a landslide.

Drive My Car

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

You Won't See Me

Nowhere Man

Think for Yourself

The Word

Michelle

What Goes On

Girl

I'm Looking Through You

In My Life

Wait

If I Needed Someone

Run for Your Life

just the right mix of pop song beatles, folksy beatles, and stoned beatles. you have songs that showcase the strengths of each of the members, like harrison on 'if i needed someone', mccartney on 'drive my car', lennon on 'norwegian wood' and even ringo on 'what goes on.' and it should be noted that it was on this rock album that the sitar debuted.

all that, and possibly the best beatles song of all time, 'in my life.' beep beep, beep beep yeah.

+1 w/ the White Album and Magical Mystery Tour, as #2 and #3

Tough to rank

White Album

Abbey Road

Let It Be

Sgt. Peppers

Revolver

Those top 4 could easily rearrange drastically based on mood.

I take it back. I'm not ranking these albums. They're all excellent and so is Rubber Sole.

Screw you people and your incessant need to say that one thing is better than another thing. I won't do it!

The absolute, hands down, #1 record of all time by the Beatles is the one they haven't released yet.... the reason.... you can't to listen to it. :D

Sorry.... didn't like them when they started... didn't like them when they insisted on continuing.... didn't like them after they quit. And now that you have me thinking about it.... still don't like them :wacko:

I was going to vote "other" but didn't want to mess up your poll.

Yea, I just put "Other" instead of listing all the pre-1965 albums (Please Please Me, Hard Day's Night, With the Beatles, Beatles for Sale). I'm not as big into the early stuff and I never hear them come up too often in this argument.

When I first really got into the Beatles, I listened to everything after 67. When I became a music snob, I almost exclusively listened to the '65 and '66 stuff. When I finally got around to listening to the early material, I can't believe it took so long for me to really hear it. Incredible stuff, with amazing energy. I agree if you're going to pick one album to select as a monument of achievement, it's not going to be one of the first 4, but for pure energy and urgency and fun rock n' roll, I like listening to them more than any of the others at this point in time.

Sorry.... didn't like them when they started... didn't like them when they insisted on continuing.... didn't like them after they quit. And now that you have me thinking about it.... still don't like them :D

I've heard you say this before, and have never bothered to ask why. Did John Lennon pee on your shoe? :wacko:

The absolute, hands down, #1 record of all time by the Beatles is the one they haven't released yet.... the reason.... you can't to listen to it. :D

Sorry.... didn't like them when they started... didn't like them when they insisted on continuing.... didn't like them after they quit. And now that you have me thinking about it.... still don't like them :D

:wacko:

i'm sorry sky, but to not like the beatles is to basically not like any pop music, blues music, psychedelic music, or rock music. this is simply the most influential band of ALL TIME. yes, they wore their own influences on their sleeve, but they fused so many musical types and explored so many different musical arrangements that it is impossible for any true music fan to dismiss their entire catalog of work.

Sorry.... didn't like them when they started... didn't like them when they insisted on continuing.... didn't like them after they quit. And now that you have me thinking about it.... still don't like them :wacko:

that's one vote for "the white noise album" :D

I've heard you say this before, and have never bothered to ask why. Did John Lennon pee on your shoe? :wacko:

I like Lennon solo. Same for Harrison. As a group I just never got on the bandwagon. Too many early covers of people I enjoyed I guess. You know how it works... see someone and take a dislike of them immediately. Sort of that way with the Beatles. I preferred the Stones, Animals, Kinks and others during the English invasion.

:D

i'm sorry sky, but to not like the beatles is to basically not like any pop music, blues music, psychedelic music, or rock music. this is simply the most influential band of ALL TIME. yes, they wore their own influences on their sleeve, but they fused so many musical types and explored so many different musical arrangements that it is impossible for any true music fan to dismiss their entire catalog of work.

Ton you have no idea. :D I live and breathe music. All my life it has been music... right from the gitgo practically. Someday you will have to take a look at what I have digitized out of my collection. I'm through about a 1/3 of it..maybe a bit less. As far as them being the most influential band of all time... well that is mostly good press and hype IMHO. There are several out there that could be called that... and they don't deserve the title either. The Beatles have their niche in history... just like Rap... and I don't have to like either to enjoy music. Heck, one could probably support a case for Beethoven being the most influential person in music history if one was inclined to do so. The song isn't "Roll Over Beatles" it's "Roll Over Beethoven" right? :D

Oh, and on a point you tried to make and should not have.... the Beatles had no influence when it comes to the blues. They have no clue.... in fact they wouldn't recognize the blues if it came up and smacked them upside the head.

Just because I don't like the Beatles doesn't mean I don't have an appreciation for music.

ETA... just so you don't think of be real badly... I have the Rubber Soul album and I got it when it came out.

Edited by skylive5