[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official Pulp Fiction Poll

SheikYerbuti

What do you think of Pulp Fiction?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Pulp Fiction?

• It's a masterpiece
    • It's crap
    • Puddy

Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?

No.

Tell him, Vincent.

Royale with cheese.

Royale with cheese. Do you know why they call it a Royale with cheese?

Because of the metric system?

Check out the big brain on Brett. You one smart MoFo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quotes my wife hears from me:

"bish be cool" [never in a serious manner]

"Sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie, but I’d never know, ‘cause I wouldn’t eat the filthy mfer" [Typically when we're discussing meals and there's something I don't want]

"I don't dig on swine." [Wife asks if I want ham]

"I'm pretty fn far from okay" [if she asks how I'm feeling and I'm sick]

These are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure there are others.

I liked pulp Fiction. I actually liked resevoir Dogs better but Pulp Fiction was a great movie

Just the opposite. I was totally unimpressed with Reservoir Dogs. I was expecting it to be this badass flick and it was just like :wacko: for me.... weird, I know.

Just the opposite. I was totally unimpressed with Reservoir Dogs. I was expecting it to be this badass flick and it was just like :wacko: for me.... weird, I know.

Maybe so but you can't deny the soundtrack for Reservoir Dogs totally kicks ass.

exactly- not to mention he kicked it all off by writing True Romance - another effing great flick with outstanding dialogue and original, genius script.

True Romance was Brilliant....

So, the assrape of a large black man by a pair of lunatic white shopkeepers while a third something-or-other hangs from the ceiling in a rubber suit doesn't strike you as gratuitous in any way? :D

Just another day at the office :wacko:

I thought that

Pulp Fiction

True Romance

Resevoir Dogs

and to a lesser extent, Jackie Brown

were great....

The rest of his stuff, crap.

It doesn't seem to be as good as it was in 1994, and I did watch it recently. That said, I stood in a crowded line the day it opened and can recall few moments in watching movies when a crowd exhaled in laughter in such thunderous tension-relieving unison as when Rosanna Arquette's character delivers the "That was pretty f***ing trippy" line.

And remember, John Travolta was washed-up. Bruce Willis wasn't taken seriously (maybe still isn't). Samuel Jackson wasn't a big star. Uma Thurman wasn't a big star. Ving Rhames was definitely a nobody. Christopher Walken's ascendency into the cultural icon he is now began with his role. And Tarantino himself has made better films (IMO, Jackie Brown and the Kill Bill's), but he still lives off the creative capital with this one and pretty much makes movies that have to be seen whether they are good or not.

So, I think it qualifies as a masterpiece regardless of whether you like it as a movie or not. It certainly is a memorable film and everyone has or had a reaction to it. Even if it doesn't necessarily hold up 100% of the way the way it did when we first saw it.

I thought that

Pulp Fiction

True Romance

Resevoir Dogs

were great....

It would've been easier to say "I didn't like the Kill Bill movies.

Interesting thing I had pointed out - every segment of Pulp Fiction ends with someone being saved in some sense.

I thought that

Pulp Fiction

True Romance

Resevoir Dogs

were great....

I saw "Four Rooms" in the theater. That was the one where 4 young stud film makers each made a half hour short film each featuring Tim Roth as a bellhop. The first 3 shorts sucked. Tarentino's was last and I thought it single handedly saved the entire film. It ends with another terrifying/hysterical moment a la the Uma shot to the chest in Pulp.

As far as Pulp Fiction - yeah, maybe not a "masterpiece" but definitely some bravura filmmaking.

Fantastic dialogue and far less nihilistic than Bob Dole and Michael Medved think it is.