[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Bowl Box Pool...

irish

I coordinate Box pools like this every year for my co-workers at school along with my family. Last year, I opened my box pools up to all Huddlers and several guys not only got in but took home some money as well. This year instead of including you all on my school/family pool, I am willling to run a separate Huddle Box Pool and have all the money go to the winners (every year I take $25 out of each sheet for my school pools to put together a nice breakfast).

Run like most others, it's $5 per box and I'll pay out 4 winners for each quarter and the end of the game ($50, $150, $50 and $250). If we could get 25 Huddlers to buy 4 boxes each that'd be ideal. Some may offer/want to purchase more but will only be able to do so if there's a need. In regard to choosing which boxes/squares each of you would like, I have created a random numbering system to go with each Huddler as they sign up. I won't start accepting money until we're sure we complete the sheet. Once the sheet is filled, my son and daughter will draw numbers from a brown bag that I will place along the sides, then I'll scan the sheet onto my PC, add it to my pics on photobucket and then link it here for all to copy (just like I did last year). Post here or PM me if interested.

Let's go Huddlers!! I know that you're a bunch of gambling fiends!

Huddlers that are in:

1- Irish (4) Paid

2- MrTed46 (4) would take 8 if needed Paid

3- Timmypg (4) Paid

4- Wolfden1 (4) Paid

5- i am the swammi (4) Paid

6- fingfootball (4) Paid

7- sunysteelfly76 (4) Paid

8- RocknRobn26 (4) would take 8 if needed Paid

9- BigMikeinNY (4) would do 8 if needed Paid

10- Scooby (4) Paid

11- Skippy (4) would do 8 if needed Paid

12- nogohawk (4) would take 8 if needed Paid

13- FWmaker (4) would take 8 if needed Paid

14- stoperat (4) Paid

15- cre8tiff (4) Paid

16- CowboysDiehard (4) Paid

17- TRU SOLDJA 22 (4) would take 8 if needed Paid

18- theprofessor (4) Paid

19- Mark5 (4) Paid

20- rhippens (4) Paid

21- REZ (4) Paid

22- Missoula Griz (4) Paid

23- bigmike4969 (4) Paid

24- tonorator (4) Paid

25- Scourge (4) Paid

Important note: I don't do Pay Pal, so if you want in, you'll have to send cash, a check or a money order. My address will be given out through PM as needed.

DMD has approved my posting of this Super Bowl Contest.

ETA: The Numbers- http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/iri...ddleBoxPool.jpg

Edited by irish

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfden1 has been added to the list. 21 more Huddlers needed to get this off the ground...

I coordinate Box pools like this every year for my co-workers at school along with my family. Last year, I opened my box pools up to all Huddlers and several guys not only got in but took home some money as well.

:wacko:

count me in for four boxes again....and whatever payout you decide is fine by me for this pool.

:wacko:

count me in for four boxes again....and whatever payout you decide is fine by me for this pool.

Yes, go ahead and gloat as you were one of the winners from last year. I marked you down for 4.

20 spots left.

Edited by irish

Count me in.

Done. I've added you to the list and sent you a PM. I also noted in the first post that MrTed said that he would take 8 boxes if needed.

19 spots left...

Edited by irish

I'll get in on this.

Added to the list and now there are 18 spots left...

By the way, looking up at the first post and the ways we can run this pool, I wanted to give you guys options. So we have to decide two main things; 1) to have either just 4 straight-up winners or have 8 total winners (4 straight-up and 4 reverse) -and- How the boxes should be shelled out to the Huddlers participating either randomly, by FCFS selection or a numbers system that I could come up with.

I'd prefer and will probably stick to paying-out 4 winners and would prefer a random box selection as I've done in previous years unless the majority feels strongly for other options.

Let me know your thoughts...

Edited by irish

+1

we only need one chef

I've already come up with a number system to distribute boxes to all. And I'll stick with paying out 4 winners the amounts stated in the first post. Now all we need is 18 more Huddlers to throw their hats into the ring. I've talked to several Huddlers who are thinking about joining in, so we'll see...

I'm in. For 8 if necessary/possible.

I'm in. will do 8 boxes if needed

Scooby wants 4. Thnx

I'll go for four. Eight if needed.

All have been added and we'll start with 4 each and go to 8 for those who offered if need be. Thanks guys.

14 spots left...

Once we get down to about 5 spots left, I'll PM you guys with my address.

Edited by irish

We had a great run today grabbing about 10 Huddlers for this pool. Let's see if we can keep it going and fill this sheet up so that I can PM everyone my addy so they can send their money, draw the numbers and then post it here for all to copy.

PM'd you - I'll take 4.

If needed, I can do an adtl. 4

I'll take 4

Can do 8 if nec.

I've added both of you to the list. 12 spots left.

Of course, I'd like to get 25 different Huddlers with 4 boxes each but if that doesn't happen we'd need at least 5 more to get this pool started. With 7 Huddlers who have said they'd take 8 boxes if necessary the number would be up to 20 leaving only 5 spots. Hopefully, we get 12 more different Huddlers to join.

Edited by irish