[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Cold / Flu medicine

Menudo

I ended up getting DayQuil / Niquil and Fishermen's best. They helped a little bit, and I did my presentation. After the presentation, my boss sent me back to the hotel to get some rest. Then, he called me at the hotel, and when I told him I still felt bad, he sent me home. I'm home now, feeling a bit better.

I ended up getting DayQuil / Niquil and Fishermen's best. They helped a little bit, and I did my presentation. After the presentation, my boss sent me back to the hotel to get some rest. Then, he called me at the hotel, and when I told him I still felt bad, he sent me home. I'm home now, feeling a bit better.

Dammit! I had today in whomper's pool!

• 8 months later...
If you can get to a Safeway or a Long's get your hands on Oscillococcinum. Whenever I start feeling the flu I dart to the store and pick this stuff up - works magic.

So yesterday morning I could feel a 2 week flu coming on. You know, stinging pain in the back of the throat, head felt like it was full of Slime in a Can. Went out and got this Oscillo stuff. Friggin expensive ($20 for 4 days worth). I gotta say, I'm feeling much better today.

And I went online to see just what the active ingredient is, and it's confusing as hell:

The preparation is derived from duck liver and heart, diluted to 200C—a ratio of one part duck offal to 100200 parts water.[2] This is such a high dilution that the final product contains not even one molecule of the original liver. Homeopaths claim that the molecules leave an imprint in the dilution that causes a healing effect on the body, although available evidence does not support efficacy beyond placebo.

That's right, one part active ingredient to every 100 to the two hundredth power of water. :wacko:

So yesterday morning I could feel a 2 week flu coming on. You know, stinging pain in the back of the throat, head felt like it was full of Slime in a Can. Went out and got this Oscillo stuff. Friggin expensive ($20 for 4 days worth). I gotta say, I'm feeling much better today.

And I went online to see just what the active ingredient is, and it's confusing as hell:

That's right, one part active ingredient to every 100 to the two hundredth power of water. :wacko:

yep--in other words, you just paid $20 for nothing

yep--in other words, you just paid $20 for nothing

I do feel better. . .that's worth 20 bucks to me. Of course the only way to know if this stuff had anything to do with it is build a time machine, go back to yesterday and not take the stuff and see how I feel in alternate universe today.

I wonder if that's do-able. :wacko:

I do feel better. . .that's worth 20 bucks to me. Of course the only way to know if this stuff had anything to do with it is build a time machine, go back to yesterday and not take the stuff and see how I feel in alternate universe today.

I wonder if that's do-able. :wacko:

uh no

placebo effect or luck, that "medicine" :D had nothing to do with it.

From your own link:

Mathematically, in order to have a reasonable chance to obtain one molecule of the original extract the patient would have to consume an amount of the remedy many times larger than the known universe.
:D

Since this was bumped:

Preventitive cure (when the wife or son is sick or I'm feeling like it's coming on).

Zinc, Echinacea (lots), C, Claratin D - masks symptoms(Sudafed and regular Claritin or generics are the same thing.)

Mathematically, in order to have a reasonable chance to obtain one molecule of the original extract the patient would have to consume an amount of the remedy many times larger than the known universe.

Let's see. . .at $5 a dose, that'd come out to. . . . (scribble scribble). . . (carry the 3. . .). . . .