[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the purpose?

Perchoutofwater

First let me state I know Bush did it too, but why do politicians feel the need to travel in order to announce legislation? Obama flies to Denver to sign the stealfromus act, and then flies to Phoenix to announce bailing out the irresponsible people who bought more house than they could afford. All of this flying around and the associated security costs have to add up. If our country is in such dire straights, and we are doing everything we can to save and conserve, shouldn't our government be doing the same?

We are not better off with the free leader of the world holing up in one place for 4 years. What's the purpose of me or you traveling to job sites when we don't necessarily have to be there to manage it?

I think there's s difference between having him hole up in the same place for four years and bounce around all over the country. I agree with perch here and often wonder the same thing.

No, we're in a recession. Money needs to be spent somewhere. The government is one of the last sources of spending. One could argue it needs to be done to help prevent a further downward deflationary spiral. Now where and how that money is spent is another topic all together.

I think Obama is playing his rock star card. As long as he continues to be received favorably, the traveling and associated media coverage is a PR boon for him and his agenda. If that reception cools over time, I think we'll see him travel less.

Whether or not it's the right thing to do in the midst of challenging economic times is another issue. Obama would be wise to show ways in which he is cutting back to save public money, even though any associated savings would be merely symbolic.

What's the purpose of me or you traveling to job sites when we don't necessarily have to be there to manage it?

Big difference is if I do that I'm wasting my money, if he does it he is wasting ours, though the majority of the people at these rallies cheering him on probably don't pay taxes.

Big difference is if I do that I'm wasting my money, if he does it he is wasting ours, though the majority of the people at these rallies cheering him on probably don't pay taxes.

a friend said her daughter's whole school went outside to see the president wave from the motorcade as it went by. but you're right, i don't think any of those freeloading kids pay taxes.

First let me state I know Bush did it too, but why do politicians feel the need to travel in order to announce legislation? Obama flies to Denver to sign the stealfromus act, and then flies to Phoenix to announce bailing out the irresponsible people who bought more house than they could afford. All of this flying around and the associated security costs have to add up. If our country is in such dire straights, and we are doing everything we can to save and conserve, shouldn't our government be doing the same?

Steal from us Act? Already made up your mind?

He wants to get away from Washington and talk to real people away from the DC bubble. Republicans are applauding voting no in unison and he wants to talk to their constituents.

He's afraid unemployment could quickly get to double digits and from there could snowball. Something besides tax cuts need to be done. If republicans don't have any other effective ideas he'll take it to the people.

People usually complain abut Washington. This is a new ne.

a friend said her daughter's whole school went outside to see the president wave from the motorcade as it went by. but you're right, i don't think any of those freeloading kids pay taxes.

Just saying, if you've got time to go attend a rally during the middle of the work day, then you probably aren't employed.

He's afraid unemployment could quickly get to double digits and from there could snowball.

I've actually got a bet with someone I think ACEO that unemployment would be in double digits by the 2012 election if Obama got elected. There is very little stimulus in the stimulus package. There is some pork and a lot of government growth, but not much stimulus. As much as I would like for it to have a real positive impact, the only impact I see is a larger debt and a larger government, both of which I'm against.

I wonder what you and the rest of the conservatives would say if Obama had never left Washington since Jan 20th?

Scared to come out and face the people?

Totally remote from the real America?

Now in his comfort zone with all those professional politicians?

Pick one.

Fact is, you'll find criticism whatever he does - it matters not an iota what he actually does.

I wonder what you and the rest of the conservatives would say if Obama had never left Washington since Jan 20th?

Scared to come out and face the people?

Totally remote from the real America?

Now in his comfort zone with all those professional politicians?

Pick one.

Fact is, you'll find criticism whatever he does - it matters not an iota what he actually does.

+1