[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens to the Bills.

Flip_Side

I don't see how Owens will be happy here. But who knows, maybe this makes Edwards a huge QB next year... or the pressure to get TO the ball and from the press will just make his 23 sacks, 9 fumbles and 10 INTs last year even worse.

I am just happy he didn't end up in Oakland.

It can't be any worst then going 7-9 again....What the worst thing that happens? The bills blow up and get the first pick in the draft next year. Oh wait they already blew up this year because nobody had the heart to go public and call people out.

Maybe TO can bring a accountablity to the team that Jaroun could not....Who knows, at least there trying to do something.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between this and Lynch's issues, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Fred Jackson yet. He'll be the guy to watch right now - dude's got skills and might be able to show them all off now...

I really do not think this TO thing will do any thing but help the other no name Bills get more exposure.

It can't be any worst then going 7-9 again....What the worst thing that happens? The bills blow up and get the first pick in the draft next year. Oh wait they already blew up this year because nobody had the heart to go public and call people out.

Maybe TO can bring a accountablity to the team that Jaroun could not....Who knows, at least there trying to do something.

That's actually a good point. At least they are trying to do something, and by grabbing hi-profile player like Owens is at least trying. But TO will himself have to be held accountable, you can't let the inmate run the entire asylum.

That's actually a good point. At least they are trying to do something, and by grabbing hi-profile player like Owens is at least trying. But TO will himself have to be held accountable, you can't let the inmate run the entire asylum.

Very true....but TO wants to win. I'm sure he will do what it takes to win, I just hope the other guys see it and follow him. Maybe the problems with other teams were that they want to control him to much. It doesn't look like he has a problem staying out of trouble and getting in to shape. It just seems that he didn't want to be controled, and who really wants to be controled.

Maybe Jaroun's style will allow him to flourish maybe not.

Very true....but TO wants to win. I'm sure he will do what it takes to win, I just hope the other guys see it and follow him. Maybe the problems with other teams were that they want to control him to much. It doesn't look like he has a problem staying out of trouble and getting in to shape. It just seems that he didn't want to be controled, and who really wants to be controled.

Yeah... and don't get me wrong, he's a talent upgrade for sure. I don't want him in Oakland because he is an ego-baby, and for the first time in years it seems like Al might be (MIGHT) building a team here as opposed to his usual FA Overpayment of the week.

Yeah... and don't get me wrong, he's a talent upgrade for sure. I don't want him in Oakland because he is an ego-baby, and for the first time in years it seems like Al might be (MIGHT) building a team here as opposed to his usual FA Overpayment of the week.

I just hope it works out for Buffalo....he is the biggest star here now. There is no compition at all for the spot light.

Edited by __HAUSE__

I would not go that far. I'm a huge fan and that's a very long stretch.

Owens has been on playoff teams in 9 of his 13 NFL seasons. Think of him however you want, but the guy is a winner. The idea that he went from Dallas to Buffalo in less than 24 hours on his own accord tells you that this is a calculated move on his part designed to make a point. If I own any Buffalo player on offense, I'm super pumped.

I think it is a brillant move..... On TO's part. He is going to play his heart out this year and show the rest of the league that he is still an offensive weapon. And at the same time.... he will be on his best behaviour, my guess is that you won't hear anything from him this year. He will become a team player.

And no, I haven't been drinking or smoking anything...... Today.

Here's my reasoning

TO has no intention of staying in Buffalo. It is a one year contract on a team that he can take to the playoffs. And that he can take credit for getting them there. He knows they aren't SB bound (well maybe, see Cardinals this year). But he knows he can get them into the playoffs. And by keeping his mouth shut, mentoring the younger WRs, and taking some of the heat off of Lynch and Evans, he will of repaired his image enough that there will be some SB potential teams willing to take a chance.

I think it is a brillant move..... On TO's part. He is going to play his heart out this year and show the rest of the league that he is still an offensive weapon. And at the same time.... he will be on his best behaviour, my guess is that you won't hear anything from him this year. He will become a team player.

And no, I haven't been drinking or smoking anything...... Today.

Here's my reasoning

TO has no intention of staying in Buffalo. It is a one year contract on a team that he can take to the playoffs. And that he can take credit for getting them there. He knows they aren't SB bound (well maybe, see Cardinals this year). But he knows he can get them into the playoffs. And by keeping his mouth shut, mentoring the younger WRs, and taking some of the heat off of Lynch and Evans, he will of repaired his image enough that there will be some SB potential teams willing to take a chance.

that would be a better plan if he were 30. But he probably has 2 years after Buffalo. Watch, could they franchise him? The number would be only slightly higher 2.5 more millionish

Yes, you're right on point. T.O. wants to win. He talks the talk and walks the walk. Has he dropped some passes? He sure has, but let's be fair. It seems like the bulk of his dropped passes were when playing with a torn tendon on the inside of his right ring finger that was in need of surgery. But even though Owens was jeopardizing the finger's flexibility for the rest of his life, he made the conscious decision to forgo what would be season-ending hand surgery. We never heard about this injury during the season, while commentators, writers, and fans complained about dropped passes. We never heard T.O. make any excuses. He never said anything negative about himself, but remained positive. It was finally revealed around December 18, 2006 that he had an injury. At that point, a lot of ah-ha's went off with folks finally registering the possible partial reason for the dropped passes. However, by that time, it was too late. The dropped passes label got stuck on T.O., which I think was unfair. Sure, he dropped more passes, but I have never thought it was excessive. Now, I will say, I don't have any official statistics to compare with other receivers because I don't believe that's an official stat that is kept, but I think because of that one season with the injured finger, T.O. became unjustly known as the receiver that dropped passes more than others.

If you say something over and over whether it's true or not, it will eventually stick. I told this to guy at work. I said start calling this guy Long Lunch McGalliard and see what happens. I was just kidding, but he actually did it. He would do it at staff meetings and any other staff gatherings. Pretty soon, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. He had never really taken long lunches, and he eventually started too more and more. But I digress.

My point is that I think that T.O. has become the target of a lot of hearsay and unjust criticism. Yeah, he drops passes, but so do a lot of top tier receivers. Now, if someone has stats to prove that he statistically has a higher number of drops in comparison to other receivers over a span of time, I'm interested to see this.

What did T.O. do that was so bad in Dallas? Once, he got fined after a touchdown for pantomiming a film camera once the New England videogate scandal broke out. I thought that was highly entertaining myself. Other times, he complained about not getting the ball enough when he actually probably got the ball too much. Hmm, this problem seems like it could have been handled by the coach and management behind closed doors. In the end, T.O. got let go because he's immature and his need to be the center of attention has led him to be the scapegoat in Dallas. Wade Phillips really should have had better control of the situation. If you throw away the kind of money Dallas did with T.O., that really shows a leadership problem starting with the owner, GM and coach.

I think Buffalo made a great move. T.O. will bring excitement to a very boring Bills team. The only thing I'm worried about is whether Trent Edwards is a good enough QB to get him the ball. It seemed to me like J.P. Losman was better suited to getting the ball to Lee Evans, so I'm not sure if Edwards is up to the task. And if he's not, T.O. will most likely get the blame.

I'm glad Owens ended up in Buffalo. Not that I have anything against the Bills organization, but Owens will hate being in a small market where is mindless blather will heard by a much smaller crowd.

:wacko: No, ESPN knows where Buffalo is. If not, they'll buy a map.

Side note, I wonder what the numbers are, but was Tony Romo really that different than Edwards if he wasn't throwing to TO who either breaks a tackle and goes 80 or is seemingly wide open streaking down the field. Romo is the better athlete but I bet Edwards is as accurate and smarter.

Side note, I wonder what the numbers are, but was Tony Romo really that different than Edwards if he wasn't throwing to TO who either breaks a tackle and goes 80 or is seemingly wide open streaking down the field. Romo is the better athlete but I bet Edwards is as accurate and smarter.

TO is one of the rare WRs to ever play the game that makes the QB look better than he really is... no matter who the QB is.

And TO is also one of the rare WRs that blocks really well downfield to make the RBs look better too.

If only he wasn't such a headcase.

Owen is going to be 36 yrs old this year. He's a league leader in dropped passes and he's among the worst WRs among any of the WRs who get any significant looks in catch/target ratio. He's virtually no threat to put up a 100 yd game any longer. His skills are deteriorating. The only thing that isn't fading is his attitude & mouth. That ought to serve BUF well.

Owen is going to be 36 yrs old this year. He's a league leader in dropped passes and he's among the worst WRs among any of the WRs who get any significant looks in catch/target ratio. He's virtually no threat to put up a 100 yd game any longer. His skills are deteriorating. The only thing that isn't fading is his attitude & mouth. That ought to serve BUF well.

Hey, you never know. At least he isn't out beating his girlfriend.

Newsflash: even in the world of ESPN coverage, Buffalo is a small market. Owens will have fewer mics in his face than he did in Dallas, Phili or SF. He's on the verge of irrelevance and I think that's a good thing.

I'm sorry for being dense, so perhaps you can enlighten me - exactly what relevance to any Owens argument does a Marshall reference have?

You pretty much trashed the guy. For What?? When was the last time Owens had a prove WR on the other side of him?

You pretty much trashed the guy. For What?? When was the last time Owens had a prove WR on the other side of him?

I trashed the guy? Is he not going to be 36 yrs old this year? Was he or was he not 4th in the NFL in dropped passes last year? Was he or was he not the 3rd worst WR in the NFL last year in catch/target ratio for WRs with 50 or more receptions? Have his years of 100 yd games not dropped off significantly to the point of almost being non-existant? And did he or did he not again cause problems on the sidelines last year?

Age catches up with everyone. It appears to have caught up with Owens, but he apparently doesn't realize it because he still runs his mouth like he is a top-of-the-line WR who can get away with his crap because his impact on the game is so extreme. That doesn't bode well for any team signing him, which in this case happens to be the Bills.

And what does any of this have to do with Marshall, which you still haven't answered?

Newsflash: even in the world of ESPN coverage, Buffalo is a small market. Owens will have fewer mics in his face than he did in Dallas, Phili or SF. He's on the verge of irrelevance and I think that's a good thing.

News flash to you, one mic and one deck will be enough for the world to see and hear whatever goes on with him. If anything.