[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens to the Bills.

Flip_Side

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't see, but wonder how much $$$?

I heard 6.5 million guaranteed. As a Bills fan I'm not really sure how to take this. I'm just kind of speechless at the moment. I guess the worst thing that can happen is the Bills miss the playoffs again. Although I am somewhat concerned about how this will impact Edwards... Should be an interesting year in Buffalo.

Will be interesting to see TO & Evans (neither in my mind being "Mr. Consistent") fighting for targets ... I was curious so I looked up some of their numbers from last season just now:

Games with < 5 catches:

- Owens = 7 ... Evans = 10

Games with < 75 recv yards:

- Owens = 11, Evans = 7

Games with > 100 recv yards:

- Owens = 2, Evans = 4

Yeah, I know ... TO had to deal with the Brad Johnson stretch & Evans had to deal with post-concussion Edwards & then Losman for a few games, but I'm not quite sure what to think about this from a fantasy football perspective other than "stay away" unless there are already a lot of other WRs off the board when it's my turn to pick on draft day next season.

Edited by ts

I heard 6.5 million guaranteed. As a Bills fan I'm not really sure how to take this. I'm just kind of speechless at the moment. I guess the worst thing that can happen is the Bills miss the playoffs again. Although I am somewhat concerned about how this will impact Edwards... Should be an interesting year in Buffalo.

I think this is a good deal for all thee parties involved:

1. Owens - he signs quick for guaranteed money and a chance to prove he can be a viable player. He will be the #1 WR there and should do fine.

2. Buffalo - they ned SOMEONE to step up and provide a spark since they were going nowhere in the AFC East. At least now, with Owens, Evans, Lynch, Jackson and Edwards, they have the potential to put up points. If nohing else, it makes Buffalomore compeitive.

3. Us - we do nt have to deal with a draw out Manny-like saga of where he will sign. It is over and done and we can all move on to other non-T.O. topics. At least for now.

I think it's a great fit, young team, lynch--& evans will be a nice combo...good young defense on the rise. getcha popcorn ready Bills fans

There's some good material in this thread for later in the season. :wacko:

lol, if that was the worst thing that could happen, quite a few more teams would have been lining up for his services.

As far as Hardy, the latest I heard is that he may not be ready for the season. This should buy him alll the time he needs.

Edited by Seahawks21

I find this pretty amusing. I would never have believed that the Bills were even on his radar rather less sign with them. Is this a let's grab the 6.5 now while we can, cause we may not get another deal like this. You know he don't care about rings just cash. Anybody think he could have gotten a better deal elsewhere.

Sorta killed any value Hardy may have had

If I remember correctly, Hardy tore his ACL at the end of the year, making him a PUP casualty anyway. If Hardy is smart, he'll pay attention to TO this year and get himself ready for 2010. At the very least, TO's game preparation and training is something for Hardy to aspire to.

If I remember correctly, Hardy tore his ACL at the end of the year, making him a PUP casualty anyway. If Hardy is smart, he'll pay attention to TO this year and get himself ready for 2010. At the very least, TO's game preparation and training is something for Hardy to aspire to.

Hardy is recovering on/ahead of schedule. He is scheduled to be ready at or around training camp. According to DJ at the combine. So certainly "ready" to play in Sept.

Effectiveness, that's another question.

If TO can show him anything about using a big body at receiver in the NFL it would be hugh.

Hardy is recovering on/ahead of schedule. He is scheduled to be ready at or around training camp. According to DJ at the combine. So certainly "ready" to play in Sept.

Effectiveness, that's another question.

If TO can show him anything about using a big body at receiver in the NFL it would be hugh.

Thats great to hear. Nice to know he can recover quickly at least. Thanks for the update. As a Hardy owner this is pretty good news.

I find this pretty amusing. I would never have believed that the Bills were even on his radar rather less sign with them. Is this a let's grab the 6.5 now while we can, cause we may not get another deal like this. You know he don't care about rings just cash. Anybody think he could have gotten a better deal elsewhere.

+1

Pretty embarrassing I think. Hardly a hi-profile, Super Bowl competitive team for him to go to! Such a small market there too, talk about a slap to his ego!