[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens to the Bills.

Flip_Side

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw, I really do feel bad for Trent Edwards

Trent Edwards is the guy that wanted T.O. according to Peter King.

"How about T.O.?''

Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards, the quarterback of the Bills. "How about T.O.?'' That's all it said.

Brandon shot back with this: "?''

"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

Brandon still seemed surprised when I spoke to him late Sunday. "I went back to sleep,'' he said, "but I was stunned by it. The next morning, [coach] Dick Jauron and I talked, and he said, 'I think it's something we certainly should take a look at.' I put a call into [owner] Ralph Wilson, and he said, 'Absolutely look into it.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ason/index.html

Trent Edwards is the guy that wanted T.O. according to Peter King.

"How about T.O.?''

Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards, the quarterback of the Bills. "How about T.O.?'' That's all it said.

Brandon shot back with this: "?''

"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

Brandon still seemed surprised when I spoke to him late Sunday. "I went back to sleep,'' he said, "but I was stunned by it. The next morning, [coach] Dick Jauron and I talked, and he said, 'I think it's something we certainly should take a look at.' I put a call into [owner] Ralph Wilson, and he said, 'Absolutely look into it.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ason/index.html

you know what they say, "careful what you wish for"

All that's left is a shell of his former game but probably the same me-first attitude running full blast.

The "shell of his former game" is a little disingenuous regarding Owens. He had his lowest catch/game numbers since 1999, but he's still pulled in extremely respectable numbers in '08 despite the issues with the Dallas offense, and is going into a situation with a potent backfield and some decent running mates at WR on the other side. Looking at HOF-type WR, the last productive seasons of Jerry Rice and Isaac Bruce were at age 34. It was age 35 for Cris Carter and Tim Brown.

You can't definitively call Owens done at this point, and the situation he's going into appears on the surface to be favorable for his skill set and for the offense around him.