[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens to the Bills.

Flip_Side

I trashed the guy? Is he not going to be 36 yrs old this year? Was he or was he not 4th in the NFL in dropped passes last year? Was he or was he not the 3rd worst WR in the NFL last year in catch/target ratio for WRs with 50 or more receptions? Have his years of 100 yd games not dropped off significantly to the point of almost being non-existant? And did he or did he not again cause problems on the sidelines last year?

Age catches up with everyone. It appears to have caught up with Owens, but he apparently doesn't realize it because he still runs his mouth like he is a top-of-the-line WR who can get away with his crap because his impact on the game is so extreme. That doesn't bode well for any team signing him, which in this case happens to be the Bills.

And what does any of this have to do with Marshall, which you still haven't answered?

:wacko:

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just facts, keg. When he was on top of his game he was one of the greatest WRs ever to have played the game. His me-first (or me-only at times) attitude negated some of his performance unfortunately, but teams who signed him after what happened in SF knew what they were signing up for. But that premier time has come & gone. It happens to all athletes. All that's left is a shell of his former game but probably the same me-first attitude running full blast.

Edited by Bronco Billy

It's just facts, keg. When he was on top of his game he was one of the greatest WRs ever to have played the game. His me-first (or me-only at times) attitude negated some of his performance unfortunately, but teams who signed him after what happened in SF knew what they were signing up for. But that premier time has come & gone. It happens to all athletes. All that's left is a shell of his former game but probably the same me-first attitude running full blast.

He is old, but so is Moss. He seems to be still playing well. I brought up Marshall because I would rather have TO who run's his mouth and is not out getting arrested every other day.

At most TO will make Lee Evans better, draw more of the coverage away from him.

Late to the thread obviously, but to me there are some key elements in this deal.

1st - the one year contract. He doesn't play well and disrupts the team, that could very well be his career.

2nd - Evans has to be ecstatic about this deal, if anyone's numbers improve, it should be his.

3rd - Buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs in ten years. What's the worst that could happen, we don't make it... an 11th?

If nothing else it shows some guts by Ralph and the Bills' organization that we haven't seen in some time, and gives the fans something to get excited about for the upcoming year.

And if things do happen to get out of hand, the Bills won't think twice about signing off on the 6.5 mil, and buy him a plane ticket home.

I brought up Marshall because I would rather have TO who run's his mouth and is not out getting arrested every other day.

No you didn't. You brought up Marshall because I hurt your feelings by saying something negative about Owens and for some reason you thought it would sink a barb into me.

No you didn't. You brought up Marshall because I hurt your feelings by saying something negative about Owens and for some reason you thought it would sink a barb into me.

Untrue, you were bashing Owens for being a loud mouth over the hill player. I just stated he could worst, you took it from there.

I have no problem with you, I just fined it funny how people trash Owens for wanting to win. That's all that guy ever did was want to win. He wanted to play for a winner and felt he gave a team the best chance to win. So he let everybody know it..

I have no problem with you, I just fined it funny how people trash Owens for wanting to win. That's all that guy ever did was want to win. He wanted to play for a winner and felt he gave a team the best chance to win. So he let everybody know it..

That's crap. If he wanted to win so badly, he'd be a team player. Instead he pouts and verbally attacks teammates & coaches when he feels he isn't getting enough balls thrown his way, and then throws those guys under the bus for the press. He instigates situations for his own benfit & glory and pits teammates against each other and divides the locker room.

You want to discuss his ability to play when he was on top of his game? You'll have me on your side - he had phenominal ability, maybe top 3-4 ever to have played WR in NFL history. You want to talk about his wanting to win so badly - our mutual agreemnt stops there. He's a team wrecker who cares only about himself, and if that happens to benefit the team that's great, and if it harms the team he doesn't give a rat's ass about it.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I know and you know i love FACTS, hence the :wacko:

there is a MC commercial in here somewhere:

Pic of TO: signing $6.5 million contact with the Bills

$6.5 million to play football

Pic of TO: in his workout gear (no shirt and big cheesy grin)

Million Dollar Physique

Pic of TO: blowing out BDay candles

36 Years and counting

Pic of TO: dropping a pass

10 cent hands

Pic of TO: yelling at his QB et. all

2 cent head

Pic of TO:

Paying $6.5 million to see TO destroy another team, priceless.

Pic of the SUPER BOWL with the following being said:

Some things money can't buy for everything else like a ticket to the Super Bowl

theres Master Card.

Fade to Pic of TO: Waiting in line to buy Super Bowl Tickets

or something like that :wacko:

fwiw, I really do feel bad for Trent Edwards

I think Buffalo made a great move. T.O. will bring excitement to a very boring Bills team. The only thing I'm worried about is whether Trent Edwards is a good enough QB to get him the ball. It seemed to me like J.P. Losman was better suited to getting the ball to Lee Evans, so I'm not sure if Edwards is up to the task. And if he's not, T.O. will most likely get the blame.

It seemed like Edwards was doing a great job getting the ball to Evans at the beginning of the year, but at some point he lost his confidence and became afraid to wing the ball downfield. One game he only targeted Evans once, and got picked off at that. If he can regain the composure he had earlier in the year he could do good things, and now with T.O. taking the attention off of Evans I can see all three of these guys thriving. Evans is a killer receiver, to still tally 1000 yards receiving with what he has had to deal with shows his skill. He has great speed and great hands, but who is going to double team him over T.O. now?

That's crap. If he wanted to win so badly, he'd be a team player. Instead he pouts and verbally attacks teammates & coaches when he feels he isn't getting enough balls thrown his way, and then throws those guys under the bus for the press. He instigates situations for his own benfit & glory and pits teammates against each other and divides the locker room.

You want to discuss his ability to play when he was on top of his game? You'll have me on your side - he had phenominal ability, maybe top 3-4 ever to have played WR in NFL history. You want to talk about his wanting to win so badly - our mutual agreemnt stops there. He's a team wrecker who cares only about himself, and if that happens to benefit the team that's great, and if it harms the team he doesn't give a rat's ass about it.

I see you feel very strongly about him. All I care about is what can he do to help the Bills win more games. Even if he is a #2 receiver for us, he is still better than alot of other #2 WR on other teams. He will get his looks and his chances.

I could careless what he has done, he has ths swagger the Bills lacked last year.

I see you feel very strongly about him. All I care about is what can he do to help the Bills win more games. Even if he is a #2 receiver for us, he is still better than alot of other #2 WR on other teams. He will get his looks and his chances.

I could careless what he has done, he has ths swagger the Bills lacked last year.

Be careful what you wish for.

For a guy as supremely talented as Owens is and yet seeing 3 teams very relieved to see him packing for another destination - not to mention what he did to BAL - speaks exactly to what those teams ultimately feel he contributed to their success.

But who knows? Maybe this time he'll be a good teammate and not cause problems on the sidelines and in the locker room...

Edited by Bronco Billy

Be careful what you wish for.

For a guy as supremely talented as Owens is and yet seeing 3 teams very relieved to see him packing for another destination - not to mention what he did to BAL - speaks exactly to what those teams ultimately feel he contributed to their success.

But who knows? Maybe this time he'll be a good teammate and not cause problems on the sidelines and in the locker room...

Maybe..time will tell.

Owen is going to be 36 yrs old this year. He's a league leader in dropped passes and he's among the worst WRs among any of the WRs who get any significant looks in catch/target ratio. He's virtually no threat to put up a 100 yd game any longer. His skills are deteriorating. The only thing that isn't fading is his attitude & mouth. That ought to serve BUF well.

He was still top 10 in TD's, 13th in yards, top 10 in yards/catch for WR's with over 50 Rec's, and all that with a completely incapable QB at the helm for 3 games. Had Romo played all year his stats would have been even better. His big play ability is still there. He's a complete and total jackass but this guy is still a top WR.

This.

The only fans you ever hear saying something opposite are either waterman or fans of the team he is currently on.

I'm not sure what he meant either but he said it. I guess it was tricky coming up with a good explanation for why anyone would choose Buffalo.

His small brain prohibits him from coming up with good explanations period.