[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owens to the Bills.

Flip_Side

+1

Pretty embarrassing I think. Hardly a hi-profile, Super Bowl competitive team for him to go to! Such a small market there too, talk about a slap to his ego!

I see what you're saying...but he instantly becomes the biggest name on the team. Not a ton of other places he could say that. I presume his ego will enjoy that.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying...but he instantly becomes the biggest name on the team. Not a ton of other places he could say that. I presume his ego will enjoy that.

off the subject but I sure loved Deadwood and Ian McShane especially

Hardy is recovering on/ahead of schedule. He is scheduled to be ready at or around training camp. According to DJ at the combine. So certainly "ready" to play in Sept.

Effectiveness, that's another question.

If TO can show him anything about using a big body at receiver in the NFL it would be hugh.

I think this is where TO will be most effective....he made the Eagles WR's that much more effective even when he was hurt because of his influence from TC and on.....

even Pinkston showed some heart during that playoff stretch...

I find this pretty amusing. I would never have believed that the Bills were even on his radar rather less sign with them. Is this a let's grab the 6.5 now while we can, cause we may not get another deal like this. You know he don't care about rings just cash. Anybody think he could have gotten a better deal elsewhere.

No. Never. There is no team that would have given him all that guaranteed money.

I know it states the obvious but lmao @ Owens and this whole thing. I think there's actually more to lose here than gain. What's the over/under on how many games it takes before he starts crying/whining/ripping on the QB (coach, etc take your pick), insulting team members/etc etc? I think that'll easily offset whatever benefit his (overrated) skillset brings. What a hideous waste of $6.5M. Very Snyder-like.

Edited by BeeR

off the subject but I sure loved Deadwood and Ian McShane especially

I swear to God, I still get sad when I see that show on HBO that it got cancelled before it concluded. You San Franciso Co...I digress

TO

TO

(just to keep the thread intact)

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

ya know, this is probably the best possible fit out there. definitely fits from a football perspective, good complement to lee evans. it takes the national spotlight off TO a little. and if it doesn't work, well, the worst thing that can happen is the bills miss the playoffs -- again. a good opportunity for TO and for the bills.

What's the over/under on how many games it takes before he starts crying/whining/ripping on the QB (coach, etc take your pick), insulting team members/etc etc? I think that'll easily offset whatever benefit his (overrated) skillset brings. What a hideous waste of $6.5M. Very Snyder-like.

is 6.5 mill a waste for 1000 yards and 8 TDs? very reasonable expectation i believe.

and id put the over/under at 16, he is always a good boy the first year.

And in todays Chi Trib they were still talking about his availability and how much we need him. I love timely info! Kudos to the Trib! :wacko:

Sounds like a desperate attempt by Ralph to try and boost ticket sales.

They're bringing TO into a conservative offense with one of the worst QB he's ever been paired up with, which will certainly test his behavior more than any other situation he's been in. Edwards checks down a ton, so who knows how he'll react to that. The weather is a lot different than in a dome, so his drops will probably go up.

Granted the Bills can only improve and it's a one year deal, but there is a reason 31 other teams didn't go after him. It's hard to imagine the guy suddenly figuring out how to behave when he obviously doesn't understand why his past behavior was wrong.

They're bringing TO into a conservative offense with one of the worst QB he's ever been paired up with, which will certainly test his behavior more than any other situation he's been in. Edwards checks down a ton, so who knows how he'll react to that. The weather is a lot different than in a dome, so his drops will probably go up.

Granted the Bills can only improve and it's a one year deal, but there is a reason 31 other teams didn't go after him. It's hard to imagine the guy suddenly figuring out how to behave when he obviously doesn't understand why his past behavior was wrong.

Yep...just like Brett Favre to the Jets.

I believe we had some competition for him...

I think San Fran is windy at times and Philly is cold too.

I would add however that they had their second highest ever season tickets total last year. Second only to a 90's Superbowl season.

They also sold out every home game last year.

So more accuratley, a desperate attempt to win games and make the playoffs. I take that anyday.

I think this may be a good situation for everyone involved. TO is at the stage of his career when things are going to start slipping a bit, even though he is a workout fanatic and keeps his body in great shape. He doesn't have to carry the entire load in Buffalo even though his ego may want him to do so. His presence will teach the Bills receivers somethig and will make Edwards a better QB. $6.5 mil? This could be the thing that gets them over the hump an into the playoffs. How about priceless.

This will open up alot of things for Lee Evans.

I don't see how Owens will be happy here. But who knows, maybe this makes Edwards a huge QB next year... or the pressure to get TO the ball and from the press will just make his 23 sacks, 9 fumbles and 10 INTs last year even worse.

I am just happy he didn't end up in Oakland.