[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 NCAA POOL

Cunning Runt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that website? I always use poolhost but they limit pools to 200 members or else you have to pay. I've never used pickhoops. Is it ok?

Great site - lots of cool features, but alas, it ain't free.

I think the size pool we get to generally puts it at around $80, but obviously that's subtracted from the pot. A nice thing is that you can pay an upgrade charge only as the size of the pool increases as people join or people fill out more brackets. There's maybe 5-6 price ranges based on number of brackets.

I do give the website major props though. Seriously. Much more than just a score tabulator.

Jeez with 500 entries, what's the payout?

Well I have to imagine with over 2 grand in payout monies ($2,420 or so after paying the site fee) that multiple places are being paid out and that 1st has to get over $1,000, no?

Well I have to imagine with over 2 grand in payout monies ($2,420 or so after paying the site fee) that multiple places are being paid out and that 1st has to get over $1,000, no?

Pay 5 spots - Winner gets 45% and a smaller amount for each of the next 4 places - 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Not to discourage anyone and it MIGHT be a coincidence, but I signed up for this maybe an hr ago and since then I have received like 10 junk emails that are new because most went through my hotmail filter.

It can be a coincidence but just throwing it out there. I never had so many in a short period of time before.

Not to discourage anyone and it MIGHT be a coincidence, but I signed up for this maybe an hr ago and since then I have received like 10 junk emails that are new because most went through my hotmail filter.

It can be a coincidence but just throwing it out there. I never had so many in a short period of time before.

Not even that time TimC convinced you to sign up for his "special" magazines?

Don't know about that, but thanks for signing up. You were in last year weren't you?

Can you hit me with a total of how many you have so far?

33 so far, but that's kind of what happened last year too. The numbers grew big time starting Monday-Wednesday, plus all those members are different people - it's not at all uncommon for members to throw in 5-6 individual bracket sheets or more.