[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you ever played Match maker ?

whomper

This past summer I was at a BBQ and a friend of my good friends wife comes up to me out of the blue and says "You have a guy for me or what" .I love this girl. Very warm and down to earth person and to be honest a knock out looks wise. She had a long term relationship that went south and was single and felt comfortable with me so she just threw it out there.

:space:

I think about it for a second and it hits me like a ton of bricks. I have a friend that is single that is a really top notch guy. Great personality and a lot of fun , looks good and loves to have a good time when he is dating. So I tell her as a matter of fact there is a guy that I think would be a perfect match for you. Long story short I get her number and give it to my boy and he calls her. 7 weeks and many dates later they are an official item and totally thrilled with each other. I know the pitfalls is if things go south it could come back to me but to be honest I only see this girl once a year at most (will be more now) They are both really happy. My sister in law had a party this past Saturday and I invited them and they looked great together and were really enjoying each others company. I'm pretty sure it is the first time in my life I ever hooked 2 people up like that.

Have you ever set anyone up ? Success ? Failure ? Meh ? What do you got ?

Edited by whomper

My wife and I introduced my brother to his current wife (she was a mutual friend of ours from college). The introduction occurred in New Orleans. After a couple of booze/sex-filled days in the Big Easy they were really into each other. Many years later their now married with children and we hang out with them all the time.

Back in High School -- 28 years ago now, I guess -- I convinced the right halfback of my soccer team to go out with my long time friend on the field hockey team who had let me know she had a crush on him. They dated throughout the rest of high school ... dated throughout college ... dated a while after college ... got married ... been married ever since ... now have a son who is a senior in high school and a daughter who is a freshman ... they'll grow old together ...

Eventually, both families settled about an hour from each other and Mrs. Jelly is now good friends with my field hockey friend and our families socialize together ...

I rock. :wacko:

My wife set her best friend up with her brother a few years ago. They were engaged in ONE WEEK. Seriously. :wacko: They've been married for about 3 years now.

I had to read this twice as I first read it as a hillbilly relationship. (best friend and best friend's brother) :D

My wife and I hooked up a really good friend of hers with my best friend. They got engaged 3 months later and we were pretty skeptical because this woman was just out of a relationship (divorce actually with a 1 year old boy from marriage) and my wife and I had been together for nearly 4 years at the time. We didn't want this to all blow up in our face. However they are still together today and have 4 kids. We're all VERY close as my kids call them aunt and uncle and vice versa. Best friends for life!

Never usually set foot into that mine field but recently...

My sister is going through a divorce and my wife introduced her to one of my (and her) good friends. He also is divorced and is a stable good guy...

We are awaiting how that one turns out but I am not holding my breath. I have a tough enough time not messing up my own marriage much less helping somebody else! JK I am happily married. (not sure about the wife though! ba-dum-bump) :wacko:

Yeah, we set up a divorcee friend of ours with a friend of some friends that we thought would be a good match. Bingo - they were married 5 months after their first date. That was a wedding and reception I didn't mind going to. :wacko: