[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have a problem with kids texting?

major-tom

I was just listening to some call in show on the radio and some woman called in saying she had a problem with her daughter texting. What she did was told her daughter that anything she wanted to say around the house she had to handwrite on a note pad. Want to go to the washroom? Write it down. Want to watch tv? Write it down. After having to do that for a few days I'm sure the daughter got the point.

here is what I dont get....I dont have a text plan because I DONT TEXT..Dont want to send them and dont want to get them...but if someone accidentally sends me a text that was meant for someone else I have to pay for receiving that text...that seems like BS to me..and even if someone I know decided to text me but I dont want to receive it I am still going to get charged for it...they need to come up with a way to disable you from receiving text messages too if you dont want them

Edited by keggerz

How the f did kids survive without phones when we were growing up?

And our society gets even more detached from real life...

The world's changing, you old geezer. Every generation has some newfangled thing that the older generations don't "get." Doesn't make it good or bad, just the way it is.

My son does not have unlimited texting. Initially, we got the $5 month, 250 text plan, which he paid for. When we got a bill for $80 extra in texts one month, I printed out the 25 pages of texts and made him sift through them (highlighting in various colors) texts sent/received late at night, on school nights, etc. It took him a loooonnng time. He didn't realize how much he'd been texting. We also made him pony up for the $15/month unlimited verizon, 1500 outside text plan.

It would cost us $25/month for unlimited but he's the only one who texts, so he can pay for it.

The world's changing, you old geezer. Every generation has some newfangled thing that the older generations don't "get." Doesn't make it good or bad, just the way it is.

My son does not have unlimited texting. Initially, we got the $5 month, 250 text plan, which he paid for. When we got a bill for $80 extra in texts one month, I printed out the 25 pages of texts and made him sift through them (highlighting in various colors) texts sent/received late at night, on school nights, etc. It took him a loooonnng time. He didn't realize how much he'd been texting. We also made him pony up for the $15/month unlimited verizon, 1500 outside text plan.

It would cost us $25/month for unlimited but he's the only one who texts, so he can pay for it.

:D

Oh, I know the text all to well... to the tune of about 700 or so a month...:wacko:

here is what I dont get....I dont have a text plan because I DONT TEXT..Dont want to send them and dont want to get them...but if someone accidentally sends me a text that was meant for someone else I have to pay for receiving that text...that seems like BS to me..and even if someone I know decided to text me but I dont want to receive it I am still going to get charged for it...they need to come up with a way to disable you from receiving text messages too if you dont want them

You shoud be able to call you cell phone provider and turn off your texting for no charge.

I took the kids cell phone away as punishment. They would've preferred their liver be taken away. They did behave and actually survived the ordeal. Shocking, I know.

"You see, Gregg and Jaylene Christofferson, from Cheyenne, Wyo., thought texting on little Dena's phone had been disabled."

Clearly, this kid should be sold into slavery overseas to repay the debt.