[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LJ Not Worth A Jockstrap

Footballjoe

(Rotoworld) The Kansas City Star's Jason Whitlock believes that Larry Johnson "has no trade value." Analysis: The Chiefs will likely shop Johnson around before cutting him, but Whitlock would be surprised if they got "a jockstrap to be named later." L.J.'s release seems inevitable at this point. He'll likely land in a committee elsewhere

:wacko:

(Rotoworld) The Kansas City Star's Jason Whitlock believes that Larry Johnson "has no trade value." Analysis: The Chiefs will likely shop Johnson around before cutting him, but Whitlock would be surprised if they got "a jockstrap to be named later." L.J.'s release seems inevitable at this point. He'll likely land in a committee elsewhere

Well hell... I'll give a jockstrap for him. He washes my car just one time and it'd be worth it.

I don't agree with much of this.

"He refuses to block. He’s an unreliable runner. He has a bad attitude. His best years are long gone. A team would be foolish to trade for Johnson."

He has played 2 years for Herm who dismantled what was left of the Chiefs. I think a lot of his attitude is due to the team. I want to see Herm and Carl bashed instead. :wacko:

Whitlock better hope he gets cut or traded now or LJ will throw his apple martini on him and biatch slap him the next time they're at da club.

I don't agree with much of this.

"He refuses to block. He’s an unreliable runner. He has a bad attitude. His best years are long gone. A team would be foolish to trade for Johnson."

He has played 2 years for Herm who dismantled what was left of the Chiefs. I think a lot of his attitude is due to the team. I want to see Herm and Carl bashed instead. :wacko:

He had this sour-ass attitude from day one. Hell, when things were going well for him he wouldn't block. He can't catch out of the backfield.

From someone who has watched every game of his pro career, I agree 100% with Whitlock.

Can he be productive? Sure, if you give him an amazing line that will open holes TimC could run through.

Having no trade value and no value to another team are very different things. LJ can be an effective runner in the right situation.

I hope Ted Thompson is ready to jump in if he's cut.

I'd love to see it happen, as I think he'll have a hugh chip on his shoulder from being cut... I don't see it happening though. I think TT is happy with Grant/Jackson/Wynn.

Can he be productive? Sure, if you give him an amazing line that will open holes TimC could run through.

Did he not put up 4.5 ypc and a TD every other game last year, while working out of a goofy offense?

I understand why you dislike him, and I agree he can't block, but I think you're going a bit too far saying that he can only be productive with an amazing line...

I was wondering about the following:

SIRIUS was talking about a possible trade between ATL and KC for Gonzo and ATLs 2nd round pick ... why ATL should do it is to try to pull ahead of NO on the talent front.

...so, lets say for a minute that KC sends Gonzo to ATL for their 2nd round pick...

...then...

KC calls up NO and asks if they want LJ to marry with RBush in exchange for a 3rd (or something like that)...talk about thunder and lightening...that could be interesting...and would make life hard again for ATL...

...anyhow, just a little idea...

KC calls up NO and asks if they want LJ to marry with RBush in exchange for a 3rd (or something like that)...talk about thunder and lightening...that could be interesting...and would make life hard again for ATL...

...anyhow, just a little idea...

If anyone put a third or a 4th out there for LJ, I think they'd pull the trigger. I think more then anything, his contract is the reason they'll get rid of him. New Orleans doesn't have a lot of cap space, and even if they fit LJ under the cap, they wouldn't be able to bring in there rookie class.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Did he not put up 4.5 ypc and a TD every other game last year, while working out of a goofy offense?

I understand why you dislike him, and I agree he can't block, but I think you're going a bit too far saying that he can only be productive with an amazing line...

He did not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6363/g...sOot4?year=2008

I think you ment to say he scored a TD every 3 games.

Whitlock is a piece of garbage. He was one of the Ty Willingham defenders calling ND racist and making outrageous racial claims about Weis. When Willingham was fired from Washington he sent some pretty funny emails to some ND boards I read. After all Ty had no reason to be fired.

Is LJ really that close to being 30? How many years did he sit before he got a full work load, if anyone knows?

Time flies.

Is LJ really that close to being 30? How many years did he sit before he got a full work load, if anyone knows?

Time flies.

LJ turns 30 in Nov...he wasn't really a high-mileage college back either, totaling 166 touches in 00 and 01 before being the King Hoss with 312 touches in '02.

Then he had 167 touches in '03 and '04 behind Holmes, before getting 369 (the bulk in the last 9 games) in '05 and a ridiculous 457 in '06.

In an injury-marred '07 he really fell off - 188 touches and 4 tds - which still would've netted him 1000+ yds rushing, 1500 total yds, and 8 tds if you double the 8 games he played in.

In '08, he was suspended and playing for a horrid team AND splitting carries...and still was on pace for 1100+ rushing yds, 6-7 tds, and...well, not much in the passing game. But he did catch 96 passes at over 10 yds a catch with 5 tds from 04-06, so he's shown productivity there in the past.

When it comes down to it, you look at Johnson's production and his mileage (about 1400 touches), and at his age I think he should have a couple more very good years in him before he starts to break down.

EDIT - oh yeah, over Johnson's career, the only season he averaged less than the Chiefs' team rushing average was last year (team 4.5, LJ 4.3); every other year he exceeded it - even his 3.5 ypc avg in '07 was better than the team's 3.3.

To me it seems pretty apparent that as far as ON-field goes, LJ is a rare talent on the tail-end of his prime. Off field, well - if he gets cut, a team enters into a low-risk, high-reward situation with him.

Edited by Chavez