[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

United Airlines Says...

Shorttynaz

I'm 6'2" and I'd pay extra to lock the seat in front of me in the upright position so some stupid schmuck can't recline into my lap :wacko:

Fly on 757's and you have not only the bulkhead, (row 9 I believe), but also Row 10 A and F have no seats in front of them, so you can stretch out long legs. :D

I'm 6'2" and I'd pay extra to lock the seat in front of me in the upright position so some stupid schmuck can't recline into my lap :wacko:

This is why I fly JetBlue whenever possible. F those cattle cars.

I had to sit next to one of these "passengers of size" on a packed flight once. Thankfully, we had a middle seat between us because she took up 1.5 seats easily. I swear her bust nearly touched the unreclined seat in front of her.

This will not be easy to enforce as almost every flight I've been on lately is packed, no empty seats.

What are they gonna do if there are no empty seats, toss you off the plane? Start taking HT/WT body fat ratios when you purchase a ticket?

This will not be easy to enforce as almost every flight I've been on lately is packed, no empty seats.

What are they gonna do if there are no empty seats, toss you off the plane? Start taking HT/WT body fat ratios when you purchase a ticket?

They don't care if someone is in the seat or not, only that someone paid for the seat.

Seems reasonable to me. They're not saying you can't be fat. Just saying that if you can't fit in one seat, you've got to pay for two. How can anyone reasonable have a problem with this? Sounds like the onus should be on the traveler to make sure when they book their flight to double check they can fit. It's not like someone who just happened to put on a few over winter is going to get caught up in this. From what they're describing, you've got to be pretty damned huge and if you're that big, you know it.

I see it this way, either someone who's obese has to deal with the fact that they're obese or the poor bastage sitting next to them does. Kind of a no-brainer to me.

Oh, and while I certainly wouldn't mind a bit more room, I'm not a particularly small person, well, I'm not tall, but I am 200+ and I wouldn't say the problem is the fact that the seats are unreasonably small.

Edited by detlef