[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When does Steven Mcgee take over for Romo?

polksalet

Ok lets put some skin behind those words. I'll take ROMO anyone else can take the field. I bet Romo throws for more passing yards and TD's and has a better record (win/lose) then any QB you pick in the NFL.

We will confirm the bet prior to Regular Season so as to be sure we can account for any buildings falling on Romo or the O line or something. So we revist this thread during runup to Week 1 of the regular season. We will define the bet and the stakes. Fair.............

Now let's see who really thinks Romo is that poor a QB and who's just running off at the keyboard.

Can I take the field in regard to playoff victories? How about unforced playoff errors?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sigh: we go through this every year.

The same things were typed right at this very site about Peyton, and not that long ago...

No no no. Nobody thought the Colts were good enough to win, and it was Peyton holding them back. Tony Romo loses games for his otherwise solid team. Flat out. Some people perform under pressure, some people press and wilt. These tend to not change going forward. The Cowboys may be the most talented team in the NFL, but have zero future with this guy as their QB. He dropped a freakin' snap on an extra point. He dropped a snap!!

Ok lets put some skin behind those words. I'll take ROMO anyone else can take the field. I bet Romo throws for more passing yards and TD's and has a better record (win/lose) then any QB you pick in the NFL.

We will confirm the bet prior to Regular Season so as to be sure we can account for any buildings falling on Romo or the O line or something. So we revist this thread during runup to Week 1 of the regular season. We will define the bet and the stakes. Fair.............

Now let's see who really thinks Romo is that poor a QB and who's just running off at the keyboard.

Last I checked, TD's and passing yards do not lead to titles. That takes "it". "It" under pressure. Tony Romo does not have "it".

Last I checked, TD's and passing yards do not lead to titles. That takes "it". "It" under pressure. Tony Romo does not have "it".

For Romo, "it" is blonde celebrity trim. And he's getting that by the truckload and is probably laughing at the rest of us.

So I guess we can put you in the running off at the keyboard column. Romo has shown IT more times then any other QB in the league the past two years. Unfortunatey, it takes more then just IT to win it all.

It takes a Tyree Helmet catch, An Imaculate Reception, A Music City Miracle, A goal line tackle from a linebacker, A tuck rule call going your way, think about it, many things going right and all at the right time. Romo has what it takes and has been on the wrong side enough to understand the importance of focus and detail. That takes experience and time and it is in only the RARE cases that a team can win it all with a Rookie starter. Yeah I know he sat the bench for a few years but nothing and I mean nothing, compares to playing on Sundays every snap. Romo is a lot like Farve, early in his career, in that he thinks he can make something out of nothing every down. I believe this year he now knows that sometimes the best play is to throw it away or take the sack and live to make a play on the next down. I also have seen him make more 3rd and longs then any QB I have seen in a while. Look up his stats. He has also made some bonehead plays but he is always trying to win every second of every play. That is the IT that will pay off. I just happen to believe that this is the year it does. And I am willing to back it up.

No no no. Nobody thought the Colts were good enough to win, and it was Peyton holding them back. Tony Romo loses games for his otherwise solid team. Flat out. Some people perform under pressure, some people press and wilt. These tend to not change going forward. The Cowboys may be the most talented team in the NFL, but have zero future with this guy as their QB. He dropped a freakin' snap on an extra point. He dropped a snap!!

Tell me what you think you would feel like if you had just drove your team down to the one, on the road to win your first playoff game and now you have to go out and hold. I submit it is rare if at all that the starting QB would be holding in that situation. He must have been so Jacked up and excited that I could see his hands shaking with happyness. Think about it. I blame the coaching staff for putting him out there, after 4 Quarters of hardnose football now go and hold. Bad call. Put the backup out their like 99% of the other teams do that have been thinking about the snap, the hold the placement and the kick for 15 minutes, not taking snaps and throwing outroutes and scrabbling and taking hits for 60 minutes. Believe me I hated what happened but he never should have been out there in the first place. I think the Buffalo game showed me all I need to see about this kid. 5 picks and still finds a way to win. That is IT my friend. 90% of QB break and quit after a performance like that.

im sorry were you talking about EIi or Big Ben? because you put Ben on you list when eli had a better rating and completion % while throwing for like 70 less yards.

and yes I <3 Eli Manning

I guess when I think of Eli's SB win, I think of David Tyree making the play to keep the drive alive and Plax being wide open. When I think of Ben winning the SB, I think of a guy who escaped countless sacks and made the most accurate throws possible at the end of the game to win. I just think Ben is a difference maker. Eli isn't so much. I didn't even bother looking at the stats. Good for Eli for having a higher passer rating than Ben. But when the question is who I would rather have leading my team, it's not Eli.

Tell me what you think you would feel like if you had just drove your team down to the one, on the road to win your first playoff game and now you have to go out and hold. I submit it is rare if at all that the starting QB would be holding in that situation. He must have been so Jacked up and excited that I could see his hands shaking with happyness. Think about it. I blame the coaching staff for putting him out there, after 4 Quarters of hardnose football now go and hold. Bad call. Put the backup out their like 99% of the other teams do that have been thinking about the snap, the hold the placement and the kick for 15 minutes, not taking snaps and throwing outroutes and scrabbling and taking hits for 60 minutes. Believe me I hated what happened but he never should have been out there in the first place. I think the Buffalo game showed me all I need to see about this kid. 5 picks and still finds a way to win. That is IT my friend. 90% of QB break and quit after a performance like that.

Either way, a champion catches the snap. Bottom line. Hey, I play fantasy football and mostly watch the Seahawks. From playing fantasy football, I can tell that Romo gets lots of yards and TD's. I'll give you that one. Sure. I can't say that I really pay much attention to the Cowboys or any other team until the playoffs start. So I'm watching the Cowboys play in the playoffs, and Romo keeps coming up with new ways to make a bigger mistake than his last one. The game gets tight, and he gives the game away. Every single time. Every time. He just gives it away.

For my money, Robert Horry is one of the best players in NBA history, yet he never did a thing in the regular season. Now he is referred to as "Big Shot Bob", and the guy now has Slick Rick type jewelry. On the other hand, Romo is a pro-bowler that lights it up all season long then completely lets his nerves control him in the playoffs. Which one would you rather have?

Dude, I don't have any particular hatred for the Cowboys, and being a golfer, I actually kind of like Romo. He seems like a good guy, a good leader, pretty smart, good athlete. However, I finally had enough this past season. I was shaking my head and watching him fall apart right in front of my eyes. I just remember thinking "they'll never win with this guy". It wasn't like I took joy in it. I was a little sad for him actually. I think I posted those thoughts the next day here. Even if you still have faith in him, you have to admit there are some pretty big yellow caution flags out.

Edited by Seahawks21

Either way, a champion catches the snap. Bottom line. Hey, I play fantasy football and mostly watch the Seahawks. From playing fantasy football, I can tell that Romo gets lots of yards and TD's. I'll give you that one. Sure. I can't say that I really pay much attention to the Cowboys or any other team until the playoffs start. So I'm watching the Cowboys play in the playoffs, and Romo keeps coming up with new ways to make a bigger mistake than his last one. The game gets tight, and he gives the game away. Every single time. Every time. He just gives it away.

For my money, Robert Horry is one of the best players in NBA history, yet he never did a thing in the regular season. Now he is referred to as "Big Shot Bob", and the guy now has Slick Rick type jewelry. On the other hand, Romo is a pro-bowler that lights it up all season long then completely lets his nerves control him in the playoffs. Which one would you rather have?

Dude, I don't have any particular hatred for the Cowboys, and being a golfer, I actually kind of like Romo. He seems like a good guy, a good leader, pretty smart, good athlete. However, I finally had enough this past season. I was shaking my head and watching him fall apart right in front of my eyes. I just remember thinking "they'll never win with this guy". It wasn't like I took joy in it I was a little sad for him actually. I think I posted those thoughts the next day here. Even if you still have faith in him, you have to admit there are some pretty big yellow caution flags out.

It took Manning how many years to win the big one. If Romo loses this year by his mistake I will agree with your argument but I am betting he won't.

While he has not done a great deal to stash the big game choker label this post is a bit of a joke. The guy came in for Bledsoe and brought a dead practically out of the race lifeless team to the playoffs while being selected to the pro bowl. In his first full year as a started he lead Dallas to the top seed in the NFC and shattered all of the Cowboys passing records. He ran into a team of destiny Giants who also eliminated the Pack and the undefeated Pats. Last year if he wasnt injured I think they win an extra game or possibly 2 and make the playoffs. I agree with you to a point that the guy hasnt had his statement game in Dec or the playoffs but I do feel they can prosper with him eventually.

Manning is a much smarter qb than Romo or anyone else in football for that matter and Manning protects the ball better but Romo could end up with Manning like numbers when all is said and done .

So at first you mention that nobody can understand his leadership unless they played with the guy and then you go ahead and make a list based on leadership ability. I guess that means that you have in fact played with all 32 QB's in the NFL?

So what is Peyton really like. Is Aaron Rodgers a cool guy? :wacko:

Point taken. I will change my post.

I think it's laughable how people on the board speak of Romo's leadership skills, or lack there off, with such authority. Have you played football with the guy? Why would you think his leadership skills are so bad? Peyton Manning had the same amount of playoff wins as Romo after his first 3 years starting. I'm not saying Romo will ever be as good as Manning, but I think the guy gets a very unfair shake at the huddle. The QB gets the glory when a team wins, and conversly gets the blame with they lose. It's not fair, but that's just the way it is in the NFL. If people think that the Cowboy's collapse last year, and their playoff losses under Romo are all his fault, you must have some alterier motive to not like Romo. These are the only QB's I'd rather have on my team from a pure skill:

1. PManning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Roeth

5. Palmer

If Matt Ryan takes another quantam leap forward he will join the list of QB's I'd rather have over Romo.

The list is just based on skill since leadership skills are purely subjective, unless you get the opportunity to play with said person. I'd hate for the meat of this post to be overlooked because of two words used to describe the QB's listed above.

Just so we're clear here, you're not comparing Manning and Romo, right?

ummm, no. I was comparing the fact that everyone said the same thing about Peyton and he turned out ok. Everyone expects guys to start playing and lead their teams to playoff and Super Bowl wins immediately.

Maybe he'll never win a playoff game, maybe he will. IMO the jury is still out...no?

While he has not done a great deal to stash the big game choker label this post is a bit of a joke. The guy came in for Bledsoe and brought a dead practically out of the race lifeless team to the playoffs while being selected to the pro bowl. In his first full year as a started he lead Dallas to the top seed in the NFC and shattered all of the Cowboys passing records. He ran into a team of destiny Giants who also eliminated the Pack and the undefeated Pats. Last year if he wasnt injured I think they win an extra game or possibly 2 and make the playoffs. I agree with you to a point that the guy hasnt had his statement game in Dec or the playoffs but I do feel they can prosper with him eventually.

Manning is a much smarter qb than Romo or anyone else in football for that matter and Manning protects the ball better but Romo could end up with Manning like numbers when all is said and done .

you're wasting your time.

The guy came in for Bledsoe and brought a dead practically out of the race lifeless team to the playoffs.

OOOHH, I thought we were talking about Romo, not Tom Brady.

IMO the jury is still out...no?

Absoutley the jury is still out, and as I admitted, maybe he wins a ring or two sometime in the future. he could absolutely get these yips of his under control and become a very good QB a few years from now.

But the question at hand was, based on what we know about him today, how many other QBs would you rather have leading your team? For some reason (I am guessing his stats), some people would only take 3-4 other QBs over Romo. I have that number at around 10-12.

He can throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs, but if he turns the ball over at the most critical time, or can't win in December/January, that huge negative far outwieghs the positives.

Absoutley the jury is still out, and as I admitted, maybe he wins a ring or two sometime in the future. he could absolutely get these yips of his under control and become a very good QB a few years from now.

But the question at hand was, based on what we know about him today, how many other QBs would you rather have leading your team? For some reason (I am guessing his stats), some people would only take 3-4 other QBs over Romo. I have that number at around 10-12.

He can throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs, but if he turns the ball over at the most critical time, or can't win in December/January, that huge negative far outwieghs the positives.

that's fair enough and I won't argue this point anymore. However, as a Romo fan and a Cowboy fan, I would not put the # at 10-12. I'll think about my # and get back to you.,..

You all are going to think I'm crazy, but my number is 20-25. You can't win in the playoffs with the guy. If I am a Cowboys fan, I would prefer Trent Dilfer.

Agreed, +1

You all are going to think I'm crazy, but my number is 20-25. You can't win in the playoffs with the guy. If I am a Cowboys fan, I would prefer Trent Dilfer.

You got enough to worry about with Hass, without being a horses a$$ youself. :wacko: