[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When does Steven Mcgee take over for Romo?

polksalet

Darnit! I avoided this thread for sooooo long!! You can't win big with Romo. End of story. In most cities that wouldn't cost you your job. In Dallas, I think it will sooner than expected. But no, Steven Mcgee is probably not the guy.

Lol. Tony Romo has been the starter in Dallas for how long? 2+ years. You guys crack me up. Try watching him play. Look at the throws he can make. Arm strength, mobility, accuracy, etc. And again, all this from a guy who has been the starting QB for 2+ years.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Tony Romo has been the starter in Dallas for how long? 2+ years. You guys crack me up. Try watching him play. Look at the throws he can make. Arm strength, mobility, accuracy, etc. And again, all this from a guy who has been the starting QB for 2+ years.

Stop making sense :wacko:

I guess when I think of Eli's SB win, I think of David Tyree making the play to keep the drive alive and Plax being wide open. When I think of Ben winning the SB, I think of a guy who escaped countless sacks and made the most accurate throws possible at the end of the game to win. I just think Ben is a difference maker. Eli isn't so much. I didn't even bother looking at the stats. Good for Eli for having a higher passer rating than Ben. But when the question is who I would rather have leading my team, it's not Eli.

did you not see the first 10 seconds of that Tyree catch? I'm just saying your reasons are flawed...Eli avoided countless sacks on one play :wacko:

Had Rivers been drafted number 1, Big Ben picked at 4 by the Giants, and Eli to the Steelers we'd still be arguing the same thing I think.

I posted some interesting numbers on Romo earlier in this thread: over the past 3 years the Cowboys went 5-8 in the regular season after Dec. 1. Romo was the QB in all of those games, and had a QB rating of less than 70 in 8 of the 13 games, 19 picks and 5 lost fumbles. On top of this we can add two playoff losses, one which was directly his fault and one where he played mediocre (50% completion, 1 TD, 1 INT, 64.7 QB rating).

So I think we can all agree that Romo has choked at the end of each season thus far in his career. We all know that the numbers above are not representative of his performance from Sept. - Nov., not even close.

We should also be able to agree that this is going to be a very telling year for Romo and Phillips. If the team has another late season collapse as a whole, I think Jones has to fire Phillips. If Romo also plays poorly coming down the stretch, I think he would be foolish not to look hard at drafting a QB in the early rounds of the draft.

If Romo becomes Peyton and leads them deep into the playoffs, then all the haters in this thread will eat our words...but until then you can't argue with the stats above.

:wacko::D:D:D:D

Now that's preachin........bring it.

Last year Dallas finished @ Pittsburgh, NYG, Baltimore and @ Philly.

I'd take Romo over Eli every day of the week and twice on Sundays. :wacko:

So Romo only sucks vs. quality competition?

Eli beat Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Philly last year.

So Romo only sucks vs. quality competition?

Eli The Giants beat Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Philly last year.

Fixed for accuracy.

Well, since you're quick to throw out stats, let me add this:

In those victories, Eli was a stunning 49 of 86 for 543 yards (181/game) and had 4 TD's and 2 INT's.

And for the record, Marion Barber had 5 total carries in the 3 games we're comparing when Romo lost to PIT, BAL, and PHI at the end of the season. Not having your starting RB doesn't help.

Just sayin. :wacko:

Look, I'm a neutral observer, I don't like the Cowboys or the Giants, but given what I've seen from the 2 QB's, I would take Romo over Manning without blinking.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Fixed for accuracy.

Well, since you're quick to throw out stats, let me add this:

In those victories, Eli was a stunning 49 of 86 for 543 yards (181/game) and had 4 TD's and 2 INT's.

And for the record, Marion Barber had 5 total carries in the 3 games we're comparing when Romo lost to PIT, BAL, and PHI at the end of the season. Not having your starting RB doesn't help.

Just sayin. :wacko:

Look, I'm a neutral observer, I don't like the Cowboys or the Giants, but given what I've seen from the 2 QB's, I would take Romo over Manning without blinking.

So? Those 4:2 ratio is better than Romo against those opponents. It's not Eli's fault the Cowboys won't run.

Romo was 64 of 120 3 TD 6 INT, and he had a decent running game in those with Choice: 88 yds vs Pitt, 90 vs Balt, 69 vs PHi

Eli Manning had this rushing game: 84 vs Pitt , 110 vs Balt, 103 vs Phi.

Pitt and Balt are pretty even rushing, the only big difference is between PHI games, and that's because Eagles were beating the hell out of the Cowboys by half.

So maybe you're right, Eli didn't win the games by himself, but he didn't lose them himself like Romo is prone to doing.

Edited by CD6405

So? Those 4:2 ratio is better than Romo against those opponents. It's not Eli's fault the Cowboys won't run.

Romo was 64 of 120 3 TD 6 INT, and he had a decent running game in those with Choice: 88 yds vs Pitt, 90 vs Balt, 69 vs PHi

Eli Manning had this rushing game: 84 vs Pitt , 110 vs Balt, 103 vs Phi.

Pitt and Balt are pretty even rushing, the only big difference is between PHI games, and that's because Eagles were beating the hell out of the Cowboys by half.

So maybe you're right, Eli didn't win the games by himself, but he didn't lose them himself like Romo is prone to doing.

With all these stats and numbers flying around here, I think we should just resort to name calling and be done with it. :wacko:

We're still comparing a QB in his 6th season to a QB in his 3rd. And back to my original point, I think while Romo may lose a game because of this immaturity at the position, he can win games with his talent that Eli can't. He can make plays and throws that Eli can't. Again, this is all opinion and speculation, so we can argue until we're blue in the face. I happen to have the time. :D

With all these stats and numbers flying around here, I think we should just resort to name calling and be done with it. :wacko:

We're still comparing a QB in his 6th season to a QB in his 3rd. And back to my original point, I think while Romo may lose a game because of this immaturity at the position, he can win games with his talent that Eli can't. He can make plays and throws that Eli can't. Again, this is all opinion and speculation, so we can argue until we're blue in the face. I happen to have the time. :D

To be honest, I don't like Eli or Romo....I just dislike Romo more. Peyton is the Manning I dislike most. I have nothing to gain from whoever wins this lol. I don't think either are great QBs, but I think Romo "believes" he is and acts smug about it.

To be honest, I don't like Eli or Romo....I just dislike Romo more. Peyton is the Manning I dislike most. I have nothing to gain from whoever wins this lol. I don't think either are great QBs, but I think Romo "believes" he is and acts smug about it.

well, I happen to think that you "believe" you know what a man you've never met believes and FWIW, I think you're a little smug about it. :wacko:

that's fair enough and I won't argue this point anymore. However, as a Romo fan and a Cowboy fan, I would not put the # at 10-12. I'll think about my # and get back to you.,..

after a little thought the only QB's that Dallas could trade Romo for straight up, that would not piss me off are..Peyton, Brady and Brees. Cutler would have made the list but I really lost respect for him after he cried about the trade talks in Denver.

Blast away boys.. :wacko:

Hahahah. People would rather have Romo over Eli!?!? Guys we play to WIN THE GAME. Not for stats!!!!

This thread has enough entertainment from Cowboy fans to last lifetimes!! You know Boyz fans, have your choker quarterback, and have fun defending him for the next three years before he is benched for choking repeatedly. Hahahaha. I love it when the spade that is being called is a Cowboy. Face it. Your quarterback does not have what it takes to win with the pressure on. It is that simple. Any arguments to the contrary are simply wishful thinking and/or denial. Take off the homer shades for one freaking second and watch some playoff tape on Romo, because it seems many of you have forgotten how dreadful this guy is down the stretch. Terrible. I'd rather have a high school kid.

You got enough to worry about with Hass, without being a horses a$$ youself. :wacko:

Hey, I never said my QB was any better. Matt has taught me how to identify a choke artist.

Like I said, who knows, maybe Romo conquers his demons someday. Maybe he Van De Velde's it the rest of his career. Either way, the fact that we are talking about a long string of postseason mistakes by a QUARTERBACK, ought to at least put up some flags. But Cowboy fans don't seem to care. Are they really that smug? Or is Romo really that good at fooling the locals? This is only going to get worse for him, the longer it goes. I would say it is already in his head, and he is about one playoff mistake away from being consumed by it. He's done. He is now essentially a boxer who is afraid in the ring.

Hey, I never said my QB was any better. Matt has taught me how to identify a choke artist.

Like I said, who knows, maybe Romo conquers his demons someday. Maybe he Van De Velde's it the rest of his career. Either way, the fact that we are talking about a long string of postseason mistakes by a QUARTERBACK, ought to at least put up some flags.

would you happen to know how many playoff games he's played in? And how many times he's turned the ball over? If not, you can look it up. I'm sure you'll find that in this "long string of postseason mistakes" ( 2 games ) he's had 1 pick in 65 attempts. Dolt.

would you happen to know how many playoff games he's played in? And how many times he's turned the ball over? If not, you can look it up. I'm sure you'll find that in this "long string of postseason mistakes" ( 2 games ) he's had 1 pick in 65 attempts. Dolt.

Well, there was that little issue with that darn slippery ball......

:wacko: I was waiting for him to bring that up actually. Of course I have'nt forgotten that. It's just funny that he has no chance to win in the playoffs after his "long string of postseason mistakes". The guy's played in 2 post season games.

Philly was a playoff game for all intents and purposes.

I'm not a fan at all of Ben Roethlisberughererger, but the guy is magic. If the discussion is between he, Eli, and Romo, I take him first and then it's a toss up between Eli and Romo. I think Eli is a better game manager, where as Romo in my mind is cut from the same cloth as Favre and Cutler. None in my view are going to be great game managers because they all play with wreckless abandon with gunslinger mentalities.

If I'm under the two minute warning down by three, give me Eli. If I'm down by 13 halfway through the fourth give me Romo.

:wacko: I was waiting for him to bring that up actually. Of course I have'nt forgotten that. It's just funny that he has no chance to win in the playoffs after his "long string of postseason mistakes". The guy's played in 2 post season games.

Some people on here have to be Polar opposites. He's either great or he sucks. There is no good or average or any gray area with some.

• 4 months later...