[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does any other city have 2 teams in the tourney?

TimC

Haven't looked at the brackets that close and I don't know where some of these small schools with weird names are from. lol

Richmond - University of Richmond and VCU.

Both got tough draws with UR playing Wisconsin at home and yet the Lame 10 Badger fans are still bawling about it when the real team in that bracket that got screwed was a very good Pitt team. Look for Pitt to crush the Spiders in the second round.

VCU with the best young coach in the country, Jeff Capel, drew the tough ACC opponent Wake Forest. VCU better enjoy Jeff while he stays and hopefully they can continue their hot streak and upset the Demon Deacs from No Caroliiiina, but I doubt it.

Timmypg:

I don't think they are in the same city but you have 4 teams with in miles of each other from the ACC.  Duke, UNC, Wake, & NC ST. are all on tabbacco road.

FYI- Duke and UNC are about 8 miles apart and NC St. is about 20 miles from both. Wake, on the other hand, is a bit of a schlep (about 1.5 to 2hrs drive).

Well, let's see: Los Angeles has several big time college programs: UCLA, USC, Pepperdine, Loyola, etc. Wonder how many made the dance? Oh, yeah, NONE!

Thank goodness I'm still a Richmond fan!

TimC

Both got tough draws with UR playing Wisconsin at home and yet the Lame 10 Badger fans are still    bawling   about it when the real team in that bracket that got screwed was a very good Pitt team.  Look for Pitt to crush the Spiders in the second round.

Actually, the argument I've seen that I agree with most is that Pitt got screwed because they're playing the #10 team in the country in what amounts to a home game AND potentially have to go through a tough Ok St team to get to the Final Four; Wisconsin got screwed because they were WAY underseeded and would have to face a tough Pitt team AND potentially have to go through a tough Ok St team to get to the Final Four; and Ok St got screwed because they have to face down one of two major conference champs before they even hit the round of eight.

In other words, the committee gave all 3 teams hurdles that teams in other brackets don't face. Jesus, look at the UConn/NC State bracket.