[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This'll get you up in arms...

westvirginia

I know I'm very much in the minority (probably the only one here), but I applaud this greatly. Long overdue.

+1

Meh. It's ultimately a tax you can choose to avoid.

+1

I know I'm very much in the minority (probably the only one here), but I applaud this greatly. Long overdue.

Go stand in the corner with the rest of those that refuse to believe that personal responsibility should trump all.

Go stand in the corner with the rest of those that refuse to believe that personal responsibility should trump all.

+1 You t-totaller idiots need to realize that the most successful alcohol program out there, AA, doesn't blame the substance, the bars or the distributors. :wacko:

Yep,another tax for our own good.Tax pop to help fight obesity.Tax beer to help fight alcoholism and drunk driving.Tax tobacco products to help prevent cancer.

These are all for our own good of course.These taxes are not meant to generate money for the government,they are there to help us!!!

Next up;taxes on foods that contain fat to help prevent heart attacks,taxes on fireplaces for the trees that are lost,taxes on headphones to prevent hearing loss,taxes on eggs to help keep your cholesteral down.

Did you read in the article that that also want to tax soda/pop?

I've actually been trying to cut down on soda as well since is just as bad and maybe worse. Plain old water is the drink of choice these days.

You're absolutely right, and the fact that you can avoid it altogether if you so choose makes it great. I only wish we could get rid of the income tax and treat all taxes as such.

+1

That you find that funny is disturbing. It is sadly true.

+1 You t-totaller idiots need to realize that the most successful alcohol program out there, AA, doesn't blame the substance, the bars or the distributors. :wacko:

Hey Sisters of Sybil, how do you diametrically oppose yourselves on one 15-minute topic on one thread? Did we forget to keep ourselves on auto-pilot?

So. Rather than using this money, over the long term to purchase what I want and stimulate business, we provide social programs with social drinking? I don't smoke anymore (27 years now) and in a year go through about one bottle of tequila, one bottle of red wine and a couple six packs a year if that much (this used to be weekly consumption until my kids were born seven years ago).

Who do these taxes hit the most? That is right contestants. Middle and lower income families.

So much for not raising taxes on the "middle class". :wacko:

Hey Sisters of Sybil, how do you diametrically oppose yourselves on one 15-minute topic on one thread? Did we forget to keep ourselves on auto-pilot?

Someone's doing the wake-n-bake this morning. You do understand that my two posts were not mutually exclusive, right? I honestly see nothing wrong with this tax, since you chose whether to pay it. My point was mainly for anti-alcohol irip and his t-totaller ways. I haven't had a drink in nearly two years. My problems with drink are nothing to do with the distillers, brewers, or the level of taxation on drink. But many folks want taxes to keep others from drinking. Ninnies.

Because higher income families dont smoke or drink . . . :wacko::D:D

Are you fishing or just intentionally dense this morning? The answer is because a pack if cigarettes or six pack represents a higher portion of a lower class family's incom than it does an upper class family's, hence a greater tax increase on those less able to afford it.