[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How should I handle this?

polksalet

I'm in this bizarre writing class this summer. The idea is to how to teach us how to write for and review other peer review journals in preparation for our theses. In this exercise we were to review an article from from a peer review magazine and then submit it to our peers to review our review. yeah this is strange. Most of the people went garden variety and spent days working on it. I went deep blue nerd (using lasers to pick our individual tree canopies from orbit) and only worked on it maybe 30 minutes because I despise this class and it bores me. So anyway my anonymous reviewers trashed me. The comments mostly focus on vast spelling errors which made the documents nearly unreadable. I went back through it and found one misspelling, one. yeah I should have caught it but I didn't think one word was a big deal. The reviewers also stated that they lack knowledge of LIDAR and related laser tech. I'm like, you nearly have a MS in geophysics and geodesy, how do you not know everything about laser sensing?

After thinking about it I believe me peers are toolish and lack the knowledge to understand the article and hated on me because their vocabulary blows. I'm pretty sure the prof won't factor in their opinions on my grade but if he does I'm pretty sure I'm going to make my reviewing peers look like Corky/Slingblade.

Any thoughts?

I'm in this bizarre writing class this summer. The idea is to how to teach us how to write for and review other peer review journals in preparation for our theses. In this exercise we (no comma) were to review an article from from a peer review magazine and then submit it to our peers to review our review. y (caps)eah this is strange. Most of the people went garden variety and spent days working on it. I went deep blue nerd (using lasers to pick our individual tree canopies from orbit) and only worked on it maybe 30 minutes because I despise this class and it bores me. So anyway my anonymous reviewers trashed me. The comments mostly focus on vast spelling errors which made the documents nearly unreadable. I went back through it and found one misspelling, one. y (caps) eah I should have caught it but I didn't think one word was a big deal. The reviewers also stated that they lack knowledge of LIDAR and related laser tech. I'm like, you nearly have a MS in geophysics and geodesy, how do you not know everything about laser sensing?

After thinking about it I believe me (unless you are irish)peers are toolish and lack the knowledge to understand the article and hated on me because their vocabulary blows. I'm pretty sure the prof won't factor in their opinions on my grade but if he does I'm pretty sure I'm going to make my reviewing peers look like Corky/Slingblade.

Any thoughts?

i've corrected a number of grammatical errors in your note that frankly made it hard for me to focus on your message. try harder next time.

looks like one thinks that when I wrote "mensuration" I actually meant "menstruation" and they have no idea how that term applies to anything.

I really have no idea how to respond to that.

This must be the new thing in college. The SO is taking a class and must critique her fellow classmate's work as well. She hated doing it so much, she simply ended up trolling the dumbass professor and nitpicking everything about him on the discussion board. She actually ended up trying to prove abortion would help stop global warming :heart:. Still ended up with a B, I think. I think it's a cop-out way for tenured professors to not actually teach anything.

Edited by TimC

This must be the new thing in college. The SO is taking a class and must critique her fellow classmate's work as well. She hated doing it so much, she simply ended up trolling the dumbass professor and nitpicking everything about him on the discussion board. She actually ended up trying to prove abortion would help stop global warming :heart:. Still ended up with a B, I think. I think it's a cop-out way for tenured professors to not actually teach anything.

This is a pass/fail class. I figure I would have to jack up something really bad not to make it out of this one. 6 more hours this fall and a thesis and I'm done. I really don't think I could take another full year. 28 hours in 12 months really frakkin sucks.

Edited by polksalet

We have a review process in place for technical publications where we haze our colleagues for their piss-poor writing skills. If you are ever planning to write for a journal or magazine, I think it is a good learning experience to have a bunch of folks review your paper, even if they don't have a clue about your technical feild. As long as they are constructive, it should make your writing better.

We have a review process in place for technical publications where we haze our colleagues for their piss-poor writing skills. If you are ever planning to write for a journal or magazine, I think it is a good learning experience to have a bunch of folks review your paper, even if they don't have a clue about your technical feild. As long as they are constructive, it should make your writing better.

:wacko: