[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Jackson Has Died

ChuckB

Hey Chuck -

Even though you were late on the thread I would have posted in this one to support you bro'. :wacko:

Well I posted it in the other one, but then I figured I'd start one with the title stating he had passed..... And you should know I'm late for everything :D

It's always a bummer when someone dies but let's face it, this guy was an unstable character. I was never a big fan of his music nor his public persona, I can't say that I will mourn his passing.

It's always a bummer when someone dies but let's face it, this guy was an unstable character. I was never a big fan of his music nor his public persona, I can't say that I will mourn his passing.

+10000000000000000

the whole thing is sad on so many levels. i have to tell you, when i was a teenager in the early 80s, michael jackson ruled. i loved 'off the wall' and 'thriller' was out of this world! who was this dude that brought eddie van halen over to the world of pop? he was for that moment, the coolest dude on the planet.

then everything went wrong on every front. the surgeries, the rumors, the chimp, the surgeries, the oxygen chamber, the elephant man's bones, the surgeries, and ultimately, the neverland scandals with the boys. i don't believe michael molested those kids from the standpoint of perversion. i think he wanted to be a kid and therefore played with the kids like an equal. the problem was, he was not a equal, and there is something fundamentally wrong with some 40 year old man climbing into bed with little boys and hugging/touching them in any manner. i really believe he didn't see this and no one was there to give him the right guidance.

you wonder what would happen if you could go back in time right after thriller and sit down with this dude and paint the picture for him of what his life would become and smack some sense into him. this guy was so full of talent and ability and was one of, if not the best, performers of all time. to watch that all go to waste is heartbreaking.

my wife said that it was a shame that he died last night and i shared back that for me, he died many, many years ago, making this whole thing a bit anticlimactic.