[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers/Good Vibes requested

max

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your continued support. It means the world to me and my family. It has been a very difficult day. I have to keep telling myself that dad is better off and no longer suffering. But it is killing me inside. Thanks again everyone!

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss max. I can't remember the name of the song but it has a line in it about the singer's father getting old and the father's "song was in my soul". Your father will continue to live in your soul as long as you live.

The leader of the band is tired

And his eyes are growing old

But his blood runs through my instrument

And his song is in my soul

My life has been a poor attempt

To imitate the man

I'm just a living legacy

To the leader of the band.

Dan Fogelberg

Sorry for your loss Max.

It has been a crazy 24 hours. I'm sure it won't get any easier anytime soon. Connor (my 4 year old) kept calling pap pap in his sleep. This morning he said "pap pap came to see me last night". We asked what was said. He replied, "pap pap said goodbye". I fully believe that happened. That's the type of man my father is. No matter what, he will find a way to take care of us all.

It has been a crazy 24 hours. I'm sure it won't get any easier anytime soon. Connor (my 4 year old) kept calling pap pap in his sleep. This morning he said "pap pap came to see me last night". We asked what was said. He replied, "pap pap said goodbye". I fully believe that happened. That's the type of man my father is. No matter what, he will find a way to take care of us all.

Man.....I've heard a few stories like this from parents of very young toddlers. Believe it. :wacko:

Max-

I am so very sorry about your loss. The loss of a father is very tough, especially when they are as influential in your life as yours seem to be. Know that your Dad went in peace and is resting comfortably now and know that he is so very proud of you. His legacy lives through you. Prayers sent for you and your families comfort in the difficult days ahead.

It was great talking to you today, albeit I had the weepy's going the whole time. It's the price we pay when we have a great DAD and then lose them. I feel for you deeply. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to call. Deal w/ this the best you can, remember him always, take care of your Mom, and just keep his memory close.

Peace again my friend!

Tom Robin

Max-

I am so very sorry about your loss. The loss of a father is very tough, especially when they are as influential in your life as yours seem to be. Know that your Dad went in peace and is resting comfortably now and know that he is so very proud of you. His legacy lives through you. Prayers sent for you and your families comfort in the difficult days ahead.

Great words/thoughts! :wacko::D

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. My dad is 77 now and is great health, but health can be a fleeting thing and tough to endure when you see your dad deteriorate the way he has over the past few weeks. Will be thinking about you and your family, just know he is in a better place now.

It was great talking to you today, albeit I had the weepy's going the whole time. It's the price we pay when we have a great DAD and then lose them. I feel for you deeply. If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to call. Deal w/ this the best you can, remember him always, take care of your Mom, and just keep his memory close.

Peace again my friend!

Tom Robin

Great words/thoughts! :wacko::D

The pleasure was all mine, Tom. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me. It meant the world to me.

God Bless you and your family. Your Dad is at peace now and not suffering. I lost my mom 1 and a half years ago to colon cancer. I know how difficult it is and will be. My advice to you is always keep him alive in you and your family. Talk about him and the great memories you had together especially with your little ones. My sons talk daily about my mom and I think it has helped out immensely. I miss her every day and know how it feels so you will be in my thoughts and prayers for we have alot in common. The loss of a HERO :wacko: Well wishes my friend and you can PM me anytime if any questions arise as to feelings situations I would be happy to help with any advice or just a "it'll be ok".

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

The pleasure was all mine, Tom. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me. It meant the world to me.

RR is truly one of the best people you will find on these boards or anywhere. Man has a heart of gold.

Denny - I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. I was not on long enough to catch this yesterday but I want to make sure you know that you father is in my prayers along with your mother and the rest of your family.

Please don't be sorry. I appreciate your condolences, my friend.

Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to my family and I. It has been the hardest week of my life. I was amazed how many people came to pay their last respects to dad. We had a one day viewing and over 300 people showed up. It put into perspective how many lives he touched. During the viewing a friend asked me if I was going to be ok. I said to him, "look around at all the family and friends that are here. How can't we end up ok. They won't let us not be ok.". I wanted to tell you that everyone in the huddle is included in that statement as well. I had the honor of delivering dad's eulogy. It was difficult to keep it together but dad helped me through it. I was proud and honored to have that opportunity. As hard as this week has been, it was a nice celebration of the life of a great man. It is still hard but is comforting at the same time. I'm sure dad is smiling up in heaven. Thank you all again for you support.