[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

thank god she's OK

tonorator

Our focus on a moment to moment basis has a huge impact on the quality of our work, relationship, and lives. Depending on what we choose to focus on, the exact same situation can have many meanings.

For example, take the situation of a worried parent whose child should have been home two hours ago (I hope everyone can relate to this situation from at least one side – person who’s out or person who’s late!). When the child gets home, the parent is first relieved and then very angry. This is considered a pretty normal reaction.

While the child is out, what is the parent thinking? ‘Oh God, I hope he’s ok. I hope he hasn’t been in an accident.’ And when the kid walks in, safe and sound, two hours late, what is the parent thinking then? ‘Oh thank God, he’s ok. Now I’m going to kill him!’ Throughout the process, the parent focused on two different things. First off, they focused on what could be wrong. They focused on all the horrible reasons why their child had not gotten home or checked in yet. Once the child comes home, and everything is fine, they focus on how irresponsible their child was.

So are you saying we should be more focused on her ass or less? :wacko: