[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The value of Favre himself if starting for Vikes

Donutrun Jellies

What's Favre's Value?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. With their favorable schedule balanced by his age & int's, what two or three QBs would you rank him with?

• Brady/Manning-ish
    • Rivers/Romo-ish
    • Ryan/Cutler-ish
    • Edwards/Flacco-ish
    • Collins/Quinn-ish
    • Warren Moon/Puddy-esque

Good discussion on how a Favre return would impact various Vikings over in the other thread -- what about FAVRE's value if he signs with the Vikes and earns the starting spot?

If he earns the starting spot? He'll get it before he signs anything.

As for impact look at his TD's/interceptions the last 4 years. When he said in his retirement he didn't have the passion to do everything to be a top player i think he told the truth.

Maybe having AP will help but it does seem late in the year he hasn't done well.

Favres record the last 5 weeks the last 4 years.

05 1 TD 10 picks

06 4 TDs 8 picks

07 6 TD's 7 picks

08 2 TDs 9 picks

13 TD's and 34 interceptions at crunch time.

Good discussion on how a Favre return would impact various Vikings over in the other thread -- what about FAVRE's value if he signs with the Vikes and earns the starting spot?

I think your pairing of QBs for comparison is somewhat faulty.

Could be .. I struggled with who to put with Puddy.

So what grouping would you choose for Favre to be in?

I anticipate his value to be similar to what it was for Brett Favre last year. :wacko:

More than anything, I wouldn't feel real comfy if he was my starting QB going into the season.

I voted for "Edwards/Flacco" putting him in the 17-19 range in QB rankings. That looked about right to me. I might consider him as a backup QB in one of my leagues.

<------ If he stays healthy - 23 TD's, 18 Int, 3200 yards.

I don't think that's too far off, althought I think it's going to be closer to 21 TD's 20 INT's.

I also think that Favre doesn't have that big of an impact on the Vikings and the division. If they win it, It's going to be from that insane defense and Peterson.

Edited by piratesownninjas

I don't think that's too far off, althought I think it's going to be closer to 21 TD's 20 INT's.

I also think that Favre doesn't have that big of an impact on the Vikings and the division. If they win it, It's going to be from that insane defense and Peterson.

All Favre needs to do to have a big impact in Minni is win a couple more games than they won with Jackson. I think that's more than possible. How do you defend against Peterson if you have any kind of down field threat? Put eight in the box and I'll bet as bad as many people think Favre is right now, he'll pick defenses apart. You said it, Peterson, insane D and a QB with an arm and experience, how couldn't he be an impact? And, with the D and running game he really shouldn't have to force the ball anywhere. If he does, the D will do their job. I think he's a good fit there with the people on the team, for a year. Of course this is assuming his shoulder is 100%.

SHEBOYGAN FALLS — Paul Hornung considers Brett Favre a friend. But friendship only goes so far.

Hornung still bleeds green and gold, unlike the quarterback who has turned will-he-or-won't-he retire into a cottage industry.

Still charismatic and boastful at 73, Hornung pleased the many Packers faithful in attendance at the Marshview Conservation Club's 10th annual sports banquet with his prediction on how Favre and the Vikings' season will turn out in 2009, should No. 4 end the drama and finally sign with the Packers' bitter rival.

"(Favre) ain't going to win in Minnesota," Hornung told the crowd on Tuesday night. "I'll bet on it."

That last line drew waves of laughs from the 300 people in attendance at the fundraiser. As any diehard Packers fan from the Glory Years knows, the "Golden Boy" was suspended from the NFL in 1963 for betting on games.

Hornung regaled the crowd with tales from his football playing days at Green Bay, where he drew both the ire and praise of rigid coach Vince Lombardi and was known as much for his off-field exploits — mostly with cohort Max McGee — than his clutch play on it.

"We didn't go out as much as people thought," Hornung said. "It was only four days a week." :wacko:

Vikings blog Star Tribune

More confirmation Favre will be a Viking

July 15th, 2009 – 1:25 PM by Judd Zulgad Brett Favre told the Associated Press today that he will give the Vikings an answer on whether he will play this season by the time the team opens training camp at the end of this month.

We’ve long expected that the answer is going to be ”I’m good to go.” Asked last week about whether Favre would be a member of the Vikings, I put it at 90 percent. After reading Favre’s quotes today, I’ve increased those odds to 99.9 percent.

Read between the lines of what Favre had to say — plus, the report of his performance from Chris Talbott of the AP — and it’s clear Favre’s second retirement is going to end like his first. Yes, Favre puts up a few caution flags in some of his comments but do you think Talbott would have described Favre as being “jovial” if the quarterback was having an abnormal amount of pain in his surgically repaired throwing arm?

Also, consider that Favre gave a lengthy interview after working out at Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss. A dejected Favre would have been unlikely to stop and chat for an extended period. He also likely wouldn’t have added a Sunday workout to his schedule this week.

“There’s two weeks left and I’m doing everything I can,” Favre said. “I was down here Sunday morning working out. I’m trying to get everything to where I feel 100 percent when I go in. I can’t go in any less. When you’re 39 years old, it’s hard enough. But it’s getting there.”

Take it from someone who covered Favre for two seasons in Green Bay, these type of comments are typical. It’s the same reason Favre openly talked about retirement for so many years before actually going through with it. (We all know how that ended.) When Favre opens up about having two weeks left, it’s more him convincing himself that he can go through with this.

And he’s just about ready to give it the go-ahead. That’s clear in this comment.

“I don’t think Minnesota would even consider it if I didn’t have it,” Favre said. “Second of all, I wouldn’t even think about it if I didn’t have it. Now, having it here and having it on the field on Sundays is two different things. I know that for a fact. I know what it takes to play on Sunday and I still believe I have that.”

And that belief means that come July 30 (or so) there is going to be a news conference in Mankato officially announcing what has been speculated on for nearly three months. Brett Favre is going to be a Viking in 2009.

• 1 month later...