[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My conundrum...

rocknrobn26

As many of you know I have a yellow lab w/ problems. She has female incontinence, and Cushings disease. She was pretty good for awhile, but the last 2 weeks she is peeing all over the place. She pants real hard ALL THE TIME when she is awake! For no reason except the cushings? She also has a heart murmur.

Cut to the chase... She eats well (too much actually), she loves her walks, loves the rides in the car, but she is now peeing all over the place! :D Not in the car, rarely at night, but several times during the day. It just runs out of her. :D

She seems sooo healthy otherwise, but the peeing is driving us crazy. She will be ten yo in Sept.. Time to put her down?

What should we do? :wacko:

Are doggie diapers an option?

I thought the same thing. And HBTC's addition was a great idea as well.

rr, this is exactly the stage my dog was in this past February. And the symptoms are exactly the same.

It's time, my friend. :wacko:

I am so sorry rr. I've done this twice this year, so I feel your pain brother. :D:D

I appreciate the advice/thoughts, as I do the rest, but we went to the vet today and decided to try a new med (trilostane) for the Cushings. After 10 days, they then keep her all day for tests, adjust the meds as necessary and continue w/ cystolamine throughout. It's pretty $$$, but I think she is worth it. If it was chemo or some other treatment where suffering would be involved, I couldn't do it. If she was suffering, same thing, but she's not suffering.

Laid on the floor w/ her today, petted her, looked deep in her eyes and I still her as viable. Time will tell. Wish us some luck.

Edited by rocknrobn26

I appreciate the advice/thoughts, as I do the rest, but we went to the vet today and decided to try a new med (trilostane) for the Cushings. After 10 days, they then keep her all day for tests, adjust the meds as necessary and continue w/ cystolamine throughout. It's pretty $$$, but I think she is worth it. If it was chemo or some other treatment where suffering would be involved, I couldn't do it. If she was suffering, same thing, but she's not suffering.

Laid on the floor w/ her today, petted her, looked deep in her eyes and I still her as viable. Time will tell. Wish us some luck.

You and your pup and in my thoughts for sure. :wacko: