[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

texas, healthcare, and perch

dmarc117

then this kind of begs the question - if there are better solutions, then why are 1 in 4 in Texans uninsured?

Some by choice, because they place a greater emphasis on using their spending power elsewhere. Some are too poor. The rest work for Walmart.

then this kind of begs the question - if there are better solutions, then why are 1 in 4 in Texans uninsured?

Because of a huge influx from across the border over the years, along with the standard poor of big cities since I believe Dallas, Houston and San Antonio make up three of the top ten most populous cities in the nation. Texas is no different than California in size, proximity to Mexico and heavily populated cities.

because people find it hard to believe that families live off minimum wage jobs. = can't pay for health insurance.

Edited by WaterMan

Really? His comments sounded fairly in line with what I'd expect to fly in Texas.

Perry literally won the Governor seat in 2006 with only 39% of the vote because the democrats split themselves into two plus Kinky Friedman ran. He has been rather unpopular and thus has not spoken in line with most Texans.

Perry literally won the Governor seat in 2006 with only 39% of the vote because the democrats split themselves into two plus Kinky Friedman ran. He has been rather unpopular and thus has not spoken in line with most Texans.

My governor is a jewish cowboy.

Which begs the question how you guys think you live in in the land of milk and honey.

When you are the greatest state in the nation, it tends to attract a lot of people and Texas continually grows in population. It would be different I guess if we were one of the states with a decline in population.

I never liked the guy, but his comments regarding fiscal conservatism made sense to me (i.e., not wanting to use temporary money to create permenant entitlements that state cannot afford). That part, at least, strikes me as something that would resonate with classic Texas conservatives.

Why is Perry currently disliked by Texas Republicans? I haven't been keeping up since I moved.

Perry has been all over the map in his stances and now that Kay Bailey Hutchinson is going to challenge him, he suddenly comes off like Mr. Big Texan with the talk about seccession and such. I have not seen the polling numbers but I would be surprised if he was leading Hutchinson. He really ticked off a lot of people in the last election with coal producing plants and such but the democrats split into two and then Friedman ran. He's also carried the mantle of someone who was in state politics only as a means to get into federal politics.

Perry has been all over the map in his stances and now that Kay Bailey Hutchinson is going to challenge him, he suddenly comes off like Mr. Big Texan with the talk about seccession and such. I have not seen the polling numbers but I would be surprised if he was leading Hutchinson. He really ticked off a lot of people in the last election with coal producing plants and such but the democrats split into two and then Friedman ran. He's also carried the mantle of someone who was in state politics only as a means to get into federal politics.

In my short time, this is what I've gathered too. Oh, and Texas is awesome.

Fair enough. Did Perry get tainted by the Tom Delay mess? Those two seemed like peas in a pod to me.