[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Save my daughter's beedroom door

Clubfoothead

It has one of them push button locks and has been locked shut since around noon yesterday. It will normall open with a coat hanger but thing is obviously jacked up now. Credit card won't work. Her window cannot be jimmied open.

At 1:30 I'm taking the sawsall to it unles someone has a better idea.

Could drop through the ceiling ala SWAT

Maybe act like the Jonas Brothers are there?

You are showing remarkable restraint already... I would take a sledge hammer to the doorknob. You do not want to bust down the door and jack up the door frame too.

Does it have a hole in the middle of the knob? If it does stick a small nail in it to push the button out and it will open.

Yeah, I've been trying that with the coat hanger and an allen wrench and you can hear the spring moving but it won't pop.

I'm wondering if there's not a drill bit that might work instead. Like the ones they use on safes in the movies.

:D

if that pin is there ta push in there's no reson it shouldn't work again...take your time .....roll a blunt do whatever.....on the other hand this knob sounds like a pos and maybe it's time ta get midevil on it's ass with the sawsall :wacko: BUT take it slow

the Sawsall would let you cut a hole in the door and reach in to open the door, saving everything but a hole you would need to patch. Unless the knob is internally jacked up on both sides in which case it doesn't require you being gentle.

Far be it from me wanting anyone to invade the privacy of their own family but this would make an awesome webcam as noted above.

You could try enlargening the hole in the knob so you could try getting a bigger screwdriver inside to try to pop it open. You could probably use a flat screwdriver and a hammer to make the hole bigger.

Sawsall is ready, I'm going to try hacksawing the knob while the baby is sleeping. Don't hear from me again today and I'm at Doctor's Hospital getting it sewn back up.

This from the guy who took off part of his toe with a weedwhacker.

Yeah... get this on film. :wacko:

Wait! Go to the hood with a bottle of cheap wine and find out who has been arrested for breaking and entering. He'll get that door open. :wacko:

ZING!! Either that or hire a cab driver with a crow bar. Make sure the neighbors arn't watching though.

When you go to Home Depot to get the tools. Don't go inside... just hire one of the fine fellows standing outside looking for work. And when they are done cracking that door open in 10 seconds, have them do your lawn. 2 for 1 deal.