[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge signs with Seattle

budlitebrad

Forsett is not an NFL caliber talent. You can't be that small and run 4.8.

I agree with Taz, Duckett should have been the starter.

I think Edge gets more carries than JJ. Arizona is where RB's go to die. Not saying the Seahawks running game is much better, but it can't be worse. I think Edge will at least get a shot to play a pretty big role. Who knows? Who cares?

I think Edge gets more carries than JJ. Arizona is where RB's go to die. Not saying the Seahawks running game is much better, but it can't be worse. I think Edge will at least get a shot to play a pretty big role. Who knows? Who cares?

Actually, I think if there was a team Edge needed to go to somewhat revitalize his career, I think Seattle was the optimal place to go. If Hass can produce in the passing game, Edge might be able to open up with some decent runs. but, that is merely speculation of course.

The Seahawks have lost their starting Left Tackle (Jones) and their starting Center (Spencer) to injuries already this pre-season (and remember their starting Left Guard from last year, Wahle, retired). Edge will be scrambling to pick up blocks coming through that line all year long. His talent for catching balls out of the backfield will come in handy as Hasselbeck will have to dump off the ball a lot (IMHO). He won't have a lot of time back there to air it out this season, so Edge and Carlson will be his safety valves when the pressure comes.

So he might not break any records rushing, but Edge still might serve some fantasy value as a RB3/4 especially in PPR leagues.

This makes me laugh after realizing it was Taznib who earlier in this thread claimed Duckett should be the starter :wacko: Sorry Taz, I love you man, but your fantasy acumen is lacking based on this thread and all your JStew love. Can you give me a list of all your 'can't miss' players so I can add them to my 'players to avoid' list?

This really suprised me. And yeah, I still maintain Duckett was the better back of that bunch.

I really don't have any "can't miss players" for ya Brent.

GO STEW!!!!!!

Report: Seahawks to release T.J. Duckett according to ProFootballTalk.com

Posted by Danny O'Neil

The Seahawks have not yet officially added running back Edgerrin James, but ProFootballTalk.com is reporting T.J. Duckett will be the player subtracted from the roster.

Duckett's agent has not returned messages Monday. Neither has James' agent, Drew Rosenhaus. There was no comment from any team employee regarding either the addition of James or the corresponding change.

Apparently they weren't so infatuated with TJ Fat Man Duckett in Seattle after all....

The Seahawks have lost their starting Left Tackle (Jones) and their starting Center (Spencer) to injuries already this pre-season (and remember their starting Left Guard from last year, Wahle, retired). Edge will be scrambling to pick up blocks coming through that line all year long. His talent for catching balls out of the backfield will come in handy as Hasselbeck will have to dump off the ball a lot (IMHO). He won't have a lot of time back there to air it out this season, so Edge and Carlson will be his safety valves when the pressure comes.

So he might not break any records rushing, but Edge still might serve some fantasy value as a RB3/4 especially in PPR leagues.

I think one of the major reasons they brought him in is because with all the holes in the line, they're going to need a back that can step up and block somebody as well as catch the ball out of the backfield.

I like it. At least Edge has shown in the past he can be an elite player in the league, while JJ and Duckett have already shown the best they have to offer. Truly nothing but upside for the Hawks here IMO.

huh? negative - Edge is done -As a Hawk fan I think this move blows.

Edge offers zero upside and the Hawks are better off going with JJ getting the workload. He was actually solid last year when he got carries to start the year - Edge is just hanging on at this point

huh? negative - Edge is done -As a Hawk fan I think this move blows.

Edge offers zero upside and the Hawks are better off going with JJ getting the workload. He was actually solid last year when he got carries to start the year - Edge is just hanging on at this point

Edge in the playoffs had a stellar 3 games and would have performed as well if he had played the entire year.

Division playoff game was one of his worst showings, still getting 56 yards and a TD.

Division Championship he had the highest rushing yards out of all four teams

And for Arizona absolutely going away from the rushing game in the superbowl, averaged 3.7 yeards per carry against one of the best rushing defenses in the league!

The man still has legs and should be a great additional to the new scheme in Seattle.

Edge in the playoffs had a stellar 3 games and would have performed as well if he had played the entire year.

Division playoff game was one of his worst showings, still getting 56 yards and a TD.

Division Championship he had the highest rushing yards out of all four teams

And for Arizona absolutely going away from the rushing game in the superbowl, averaged 3.7 yeards per carry against one of the best rushing defenses in the league!

The man still has legs and should be a great additional to the new scheme in Seattle.

trust me I watch alot of Cards football- he is not a great addition to the Seattle running game - a bad signing by the Hawks

trust me I watch alot of Cards football- he is not a great addition to the Seattle running game - a bad signing by the Hawks

Don't you think "bad" is a little harsh? I grant you that the gigantic bonus they paid Duckett being a big hit on the salary cap is kind of a head-scratcher, but I can't really fathom that James vs. Duckett is really a net loss in the grand scheme. :wacko:

Don't you think "bad" is a little harsh? I grant you that the gigantic bonus they paid Duckett being a big hit on the salary cap is kind of a head-scratcher, but I can't really fathom that James vs. Duckett is really a net loss in the grand scheme. :wacko:

I just don't see the point, I guess. Duckett is a good short yardage/goalline guy - James is not.

JJ can be solid carrying most of the load and I think Forsett would be an effective pass-catching/scat back-type to spell him

I just don't think Edge adds anything to their backfield - we shall see

From KFFL

"Seahawks | Mora said Jones will be workhorse back

Comment (0)

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:22:29 -0700

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Jim Mora said RB Julius Jones will be the team's workhorse running back this season. "

"Seahawks | Mora said James will be a complementary back

Comment (0)

Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:22:06 -0700

Mike Sando, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Jim Mora said RB Edgerrin James will serve as a complementary back to RB Julius Jones. Mora said James was not brought in to compete with Jones. "

Edited by Pancake

Think Kevin Jones in Chicago last year. Or Shaun Alexander in Washington last year.

James is 31 years old and hasn't rushed for over 4 yards per carry since 2005. When Tim Hightower looks better than you do, it is time to pack it in.

While technically true, he avereaged 3.9 last year, and 3.8 the year previous. Not like he was rushing 3.1

I think you will see in a couple years that you are very wrong, just my opinion

Duckett was given every opportunity to show he can/should start this pre-season. He failed to rush a single time over 5 yards, and played most of the pre-season game time. While I think he is a great short yardage back to have on the team, he ultimately failed to show he was worth keeping on the roster.

I think JJ will suck so bad that Edge will be given the opportunity to carry the load by week 6. I hope I'm wrong because I hate to think the team will be doing that poorly, but we'll see.