[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Week 1 Wagering Thread

kroyrunner89

Dre does charge for his picks but he has mentioned giving huddlers a break in price, I did pay for the week, and it only cost like $18 fazones for all his picks for the week (this is without the huddler break). It is considerably cheap considering he went 67% last season. He should come on here and elaborate more. I had a terrible 1st weekend in college foots and I cannot wait for his pick in the NFL. I'm not even touching college anymore. I can't believe I almost blew my load on college. I'm such a idiot!

Minny does seem like a trap, although I like the total to go above 40. Just an early look, but I'm done thinking I will let Dre do that for me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I am back and won't start a separate thread this week to avoid clutter. No better feeling than the start of a new season on the heels of a great one before this.

As most of you know, I did start selling plays just over midway thru last season. I'm not going to post any marketing here any more this season, just because I hope you guys know already what I do and I respect the huddle and its not the proper venue..

That said, and this will be the only time I will bring it up:

I got my start sharing my plays here. I've made successful wagers myself for years before I discovered the world of online forums. This was the first one I started to use, and the guys here for years have made it a fun place to banter, share plays, discuss and analyze, and make money.

So, for huddle members only, who have been members prior to me posting this message (I don't want anyone signing up just to get a deal), if any of you want to get a deal on my plays, please send an email to me at: sharp@sharpfootballanalysis.com and simply put a link to your huddle profile, so I can verify your info. I'll then email you the details. It will be at a solid savings compared to anything else I've got out there, simply because I want to help you guys out and I will never forget where I started. If you already purchased a pass of some sort and want to take part of this deal (and my guess is you will), let me know and I will make it happen. But I'm only going to do the "package" once every 4 weeks.

OK, now that that is done with: I've been very busy so I didn't get around to starting the thread, but koy took the reins. Frankly, I don't mind who does it as long as it gets done. I think collectively we have enough sharp guys here that we can profit this season. As was the case toward the end of the season, my time here will sadly be limited. Nothing good comes easy, as they say. But I will still be back to either help get the thread started each week or share some information and the occasional play. I spent a large amount of time in the offseason refining my trends database. I now have over 700 very strong trends in a database that is run each week, along with my computer program.

As an example, my 112th rated trend has gone 10-3 ATS the last 2 years and is 29-15 ATS since 2002: Teams who just won as a road divisional underdog and are now favored at home vs. a non-divisional opponent.

So you can imagine how strong the top 50 are...

I hope these threads are productive again this year and I look forward to being a part of it once more.

Dre does charge for his picks but he has mentioned giving huddlers a break in price, I did pay for the week, and it only cost like $18 fazones for all his picks for the week (this is without the huddler break). It is considerably cheap considering he went 67% last season. He should come on here and elaborate more. I had a terrible 1st weekend in college foots and I cannot wait for his pick in the NFL. I'm not even touching college anymore. I can't believe I almost blew my load on college. I'm such a idiot!

Minny does seem like a trap, although I like the total to go above 40. Just an early look, but I'm done thinking I will let Dre do that for me.

While I am not a bettor I am working on something that is going to focus 100% on over/unders...I hope to be able to beta test it versus some older games later this year to see how good the program works and then will decide how to continue with it but will probably post all games once I get the kinks worked out...

Edited by keggerz

While I am not a bettor I am working on something that is going to focus 100% on over/unders...I hope to be able to beta test it versus some older games later this year to see how good the program works and then will decide how to continue with it but will probably post all games once I get the kinks worked out...

I wish you the best of luck in your quest to do this, in my computer system this is easily the part I've had the most difficulty with. Although my top plays for totals are very good, I'll probably only have about 15-20 totals all year worth playing. If you can put something together, props to you! The challenge sure is fun!

Ravens 31 Chiefs 6

Ravens D is healthy and scary, Chiefs are a mess.

Normally I would not think much about giving up those kind of points, but I see particular value agains all of the teams that decided to ditch their offensive coordinator in the last couple of weeks. Plays against the Chiefs and Buccaneers look pretty damn tempting. Really though, the game I would probably feel the best about laying coin on is on the Titans +6 vs. Pittsburgh on Thursday night. Over the last couple of years the Titans have been real good vs the spread, and while the Steelers have been good at home as well, I think six points is a ton against the Titans. If I have to make one pick:

Titans +6

Normally I would not think much about giving up those kind of points, but I see particular value agains all of the teams that decided to ditch their offensive coordinator in the last couple of weeks. Plays against the Chiefs and Buccaneers look pretty damn tempting. Really though, the game I would probably feel the best about laying coin on is on the Titans +6 vs. Pittsburgh on Thursday night. Over the last couple of years the Titans have been real good vs the spread, and while the Steelers have been good at home as well, I think six points is a ton against the Titans. If I have to make one pick:

Titans +6

I don't think either side is worth betting in this one. Just not enough value on either side, given the line I think it's pretty much a toss up.

Titans +6

I always respect your plays , last year I tailed you on more than a couple and did well,

I myself did well last year, 65% against the spread 71% over/under ( with dre's help on the over/ under )

of the 7 games I like this week 2 games i post as plays here

Thursday nights game is the one game i can't get a feel for. I'm going to sit and watch this one.

Most likely the only game of the year I will be able to enjoy, I will neither have a wager or a Fantasy player on either team

I don't think I could of said that once all of last year

The first play I've decided I'm going with is SF +6.5

I've seen absolutely nothing out of the Arizona first string offense this preseason to give me a good feeling about them heading into the season, and SF always seems to play Arizona tough. Last season when SF played in Arizona they nearly stole one outright, having a chance at a touchdown in the final seconds to win it. They squandered the opportunity with poor clock management, but all the pieces are still there for them to do it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see SF win this game, but I'll take them at +6.5 and hope that's good enough

I love the following:

Dallas - 6 against Tampa....Dallas has always burned me in the past, but new season, hpoefully new results....Tampa is a terrible team and if Dallas cant blow these guys out, I dont know what else to say.....

Tennesse +6.5....Superbowl ring presentation always brings out fire in the opponents eyes, Big Ben is turnover prone, their offensive line is in shambles and well Tennesse should be able to cover this spread....I expect Pitt to win but in a close 20 - 17 type game...

Minnesota -4....If this was Sage QB'ng I would put a good amount on this game, Favre scares me a little but still, Minnesotas D is to good to let those Browns do anything on them, while Apete should be able to do his thinig against that terrible D

New England - 10.5....High favorites were never a problem for New England, and it wont be against Buffalo....again Offensive line in shambles and Patriots are just to strong offensivly....I expect pats to take this 34-13 or something

Over Jets/Texans 43.5.....My favorite Jets defense is overrated going into this season(at least in the beginning), I expect this to be a game in the late 40's not early 40's...

The first play I've decided I'm going with is SF +6.5

I've seen absolutely nothing out of the Arizona first string offense this preseason to give me a good feeling about them heading into the season, and SF always seems to play Arizona tough. Last season when SF played in Arizona they nearly stole one outright, having a chance at a touchdown in the final seconds to win it. They squandered the opportunity with poor clock management, but all the pieces are still there for them to do it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see SF win this game, but I'll take them at +6.5 and hope that's good enough

Don't let Arizona's preseason sway you. They will be fine. Let this sway you: The Super Bowl loser has lost NINE straight ATS in Week 1. I like this trend and I like SF and the points.

Don't let Arizona's preseason sway you. They will be fine. Let this sway you: The Super Bowl loser has lost NINE straight ATS in Week 1. I like this trend and I like SF and the points.

haha really? you're going to let nine unrelated games influence what you think will happen in this one? should we also assume they won't make the playoffs this year because of the superbowl loser curse?

I usually have a tough time gauging the 1st 3 weeks, so I start off heavy with Parlays.....right now, I have the following Parlays lined up for the weekend...

Steelers -6, Ravens -13, over Saints/Lions game (49)

Panthers +2.5, Bengals -4, Browns +4

Rams +8.5, Packers -3.5, Over Bills/Patriots (47.5), Raiders +9.5

I usually have a tough time gauging the 1st 3 weeks, so I start off heavy with Parlays.....right now, I have the following Parlays lined up for the weekend...

Steelers -6, Ravens -13, over Saints/Lions game (49)

Panthers +2.5, Bengals -4, Browns +4

Rams +8.5, Packers -3.5, Over Bills/Patriots (47.5), Raiders +9.5

good luck, you've definitely got a couple ballsy ones in there...

haha really? you're going to let nine unrelated games influence what you think will happen in this one? should we also assume they won't make the playoffs this year because of the superbowl loser curse?

It's called a trend. Look it up. I think it holds more weight than what the Cards cuts did in four meaningless preseason games. Jeez...

I'll post my thoughts on the weekend's games later (probably Saturday). Like many, I tend to sit back and watch the first week, but I will place some small wagers on games I feel strongly about. As for tonight, it's a hard game to gauge... I don't have a strong feeling either way, and the spread seems about right.

If I did have to make a major play, one way or the other, I would lean towards the Steelers giving the points. My gut says that Tennessee won't be able to hang with the defending champs for four quarters (I think it could be close for at least the first half, maybe 3/4), and the Steelers pull away and win this by a touchdown or more late. I think Tennessee's regular season record was better than most of us expected last year, and I sense that they may fall SLIGHTLY back into reality this season... No real reason, on paper, for this to be the case, other than that I believe they will definitely miss Haynesworth as the anchor of their defensive line from last season.

The only other reason I like Pittsburgh is that they follow tonight's game with two road games (CHI and CIN), and then a home matchup with San Diego. Whether or not this gives them more of a sense of urgency to win tonight, I don't know, but this certainly isn't a game they want to drop (much less start the season 0-1). Tennessee, meanwhile, hosts Houston next week, followed by trips to NYJ and JAC... not much easier, but at least they have a home game next week that they should win. I'm not saying either team will be thinking about next week, but like I said, I think Pittsburgh has to win this game more than Tennessee (if you can make such a statement about an opening game of the season).

I put a small wager on PIT -6.5 ... I'm guessing a final score somewhere in the range of 24-16.