[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why are the White Stripes' songs so short?

muck

Maybe they do it out of kindness for me because if they were longer I think I would shove a fork in my ear to end the song. Not a fan.

That I like to see. Always did wonder what someone would look like with a fork sticking out their ear.

Just curious...

If they clock in around three minutes then most likely they were written with radio airplay in mind. If they are shorter than that then it could be a throwback to the anti-rock movement of punk rock bands like the Ramones from the late 70's, early 80's. They fought back against songs like Freebird by writing two minutes or shorter songs.

Maybe they do it out of kindness for me because if they were longer I think I would shove a fork in my ear to end the song. Not a fan.

+1 and I have tried.

Edit: Listening to them, I mean, not sticking a fork in my ear.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Dude, listen to the Minutemen. 42 little slices of brilliance on one album.

Oh, and plenty of their songs clock in at 4 minutes plus. . .some good ones too: Lonely But I Ain't That Lonely Yet, Slowly Turning Into You, Martyr for My Love For You. Hell. . .Ball and Biscuit's an epic.

If they clock in around three minutes then most likely they were written with radio airplay in mind. If they are shorter than that then it could be a throwback to the anti-rock movement of punk rock bands like the Ramones from the late 70's, early 80's. They fought back against songs like Freebird by writing two minutes or shorter songs.

huh? have you ever heard Freebird? that is NOT even close to a 3 minute song. It may be trimmed down by recording studios because it was popular, but Skynard is definitely a bad example. The are well known for their songs the that are basically long jam sessions.

Maybe the stones would be a better example :wacko:

huh? have you ever heard Freebird? that is NOT even close to a 3 minute song. It may be trimmed down by recording studios because it was popular, but Skynard is definitely a bad example. The are well known for their songs the that are basically long jam sessions.

Wanna try reading his post again? :D

I'll give you one more try before I skewer you with my rapier like wit.