[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garcia an Eagle?

Samson

Eagles' lineman Andrews done for season

By ROB MAADDI (AP) – 49 minutes ago

PHILADELPHIA — Shawn Andrews has been placed on injured reserve, ending the two-time Pro Bowl lineman's season.

The Philadelphia Eagles made the move Tuesday after Andrews missed the entire preseason and season opener with a back injury. Andrews briefly returned to practice, but his surgically repaired back flared up again.

Quarterback Jeff Garcia took Andrews' spot on the roster. The Eagles were counting on Andrews moving from right guard to anchor the right tackle spot. Winston Justice replaced him in the starting lineup.

Andrews missed all of training camp in 2008 with depression. He returned for the season opener, but went down in Week 2 with a herniated disc.

Andrews is such a disappointment. I guess that makes Winston Justice the starting right tackle...

Does anybody think Garcia will play this week if McNabb can't go?

Topic is being debated as nauseum on talk radio today. Some think its time to give Kolb a shot with a wee's worth of work with the 1st team leading up to the game (as opposed to being thrown to the lions like he was mid-game last year against the Ravens).

Others think Garcia gives them the best shot to win an importnat NFC game versus the Saints, and that Kolb still has a way to go to be a starting NFL QB (based on his preseason play, albeit with backups).

I think you go with Kolb, and give him a manageable gameplan with which to work.

GREAT question...I wonder if they're already lining up a possible trade to move Garcia when McNabb comes back.

If I recall correctly, the only reason why Garcia wasn't picked up after the Raiders released him was to avoid gauranteed monies which are no longer an issue. I think they could keep Garcia at a bargain price and Kolb could be looking for alternate work...unless there are some gaurantees with Kolbs contract, but I highly doubt it.

Okay! How do I put this? Theoretically if one had McNabb with no back up, would his best bet be to look elsewhere or hope that Garcia would play? Just a hypothetical question for the more seasoned Huddlers.

Sounds like an Advice Forum question but I'll bite. First question, who is available on the WW?

Hypothetically---- Garrard and Campbell.

There is no need toanswer this I"ve already played out this "hypothetical" scenario. Getting back to the topic, I can't help but feeling Westbrook's productivity would go down with Vick at QB so I hope they go with Garcia.