[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT/Sproles owners

whomper

Who do you roll with this week ? Does LT pull a Gore and reaggravate the injury after one play and leave us with a goose egg ? I may give Sproles the nod just to see how LT holds up even if LT is declared ready to go and starts the game.

I have LT and Sproles in one league and I think I'm rolling with Sproles. I think that if LT plays the whole game, Sproles will still probably be good for 8-10 touches. If LT is starting and I go with him, I think the chances are too good that he gets banged up and taken out or at least is limited most of the game.

I see Sproles as the safer pick as I think he'll give me at least a few points no matter the situation.

Having been a long-term LT owner in a single player keeper league, I let him go this year due to his inability to stay on the field. I considered him a decent RB2 at the beginning of the year, but did not want to keep him over Larry Fitzgerald, who plays and produces every week (the owners actually changed that to a two keeper league this year, my other is DWilly).

That said, I did draft LT late in the first round in another league, and have been regretting it. I'm 1-2 in that league, and really have no Round One type talent on my roster--my weekly scores are hurting because of it. I'm forced to scour the waiver wire for RBs on a weekly basis, and cannot hang on to 'prospect players' (i.e. James Davis types) who I think may come on later in the year.

Regarding Sproles, I own him in a different league, and am benching him in favor of Rice at RB this week. My other starter is Grant. I think Sproles is the better play over LT this week because he's a home-run hitter, and we haven't seen that out of LT in a couple of years. One play can take you from a donut to a double digit day with Sproles. LT's best chance to make an impact this week would be getting the ball at the stripe--if he can stay in the game that long. I'm not convinced at this point that he can.

Today's SG article should give all of us LT owners a nice laugh...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...nflpicks/091002

By the way, can someone start a support group for everyone who took LaDainian Tomlinson over Chris Johnson in a 2009 fantasy draft? I made that move in my East Coast draft; now I just want to sit in a room on Tuesday nights with other depressed fantasy owners as we shake our heads at one another, feel sad and watch video clips of Norv Turner saying that LDT is feeling better but he still might need another week before he's ready to come back.

(FYI: I continue to hate fantasy football and wonder why I participate in something that gives me a 90 percent chance of being angry and feeling bad about myself. This is fun? It's fun to watch your first-round pick standing sullenly on the sidelines every week as his backup whom you forgot to pick as a handcuff is putting up points? That's fun? REALLY? THAT'S FUN? I'M HAVING FUN? #$^@ YOU, TOMLINSON! #$^@ YOU! #$^@ YOU! OK, I feel a little better.)

Before the season started and still now - In a PPR league, I believe Sproles is a must start regardless of L.T.'s status. Sproles is a freak of an athlete and continues to prove it, building off of last year's great performance with L.T. hurting. I started Sproles against BAL and will continue to start him as long as he's healthy.