[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings/Packers

WashingtonD

So is tonight a shoot em out, gun slinger battle with Rodgers and Favre going toe to toe and throw for throw? Or is it a smash em up defensive battle?

I'm leaning toward a bit of a shoot out, Vegas has the line set at 46, I'm think it's more like a 50+ kind of a night, starts off with a bit of a bang, settles in for a defensive battle/running period of time, then opens back up in the second half..either way I'm looking forward to a great Monday night match up

WD

I see the Vikings going to ADP a lot. That is their strength and the Packers had a bad run defense. But for the Packers, I see them going to their strength in the pass game. I see a higher scoring game, but with 2 different styles.

I have no vested interest in the game (unless Shancoe absolutely GOES OFF against me which is not likely) but I'm really looking forward to the game.

Will Brett be satisfied to beat the Pack just by handing it off to Peterson? Will he feel like he has to sling it around for the victory to mean anything? Will the Pack man-up and show him they were right to move on? Good stuff.

:wacko:

Will Brett be satisfied to beat the Pack just by handing it off to Peterson? Will he feel like he has to sling it around for the victory to mean anything?

:wacko:

I started Berrian this week solely for the reason that I think Favre would like nothing better than to air it out against his old team.

I started Berrian this week solely for the reason that I think Favre would like nothing better than to air it out against his old team.

I agree with you. I think he's going to want to fling it.

I agree with you. I think he's going to want to fling it.

I'm not so sure about this. Why would the Vikings want to move away from their Bread and Butter (Peterson) just so Favre can get back at TT and MM? Seems a little risky and foolish to me. If they did, then they would be playing right into Favre's hand.

On the other hand, I'm not sure Favre can say "Gotcha!" to the GB organization if all he does is hand the ball off to Peterson.

I started Woodson and the Green Bay Defense in several leagues for the same reason.

I'm not so sure about this. Why would the Vikings want to move away from their Bread and Butter (Peterson) just so Favre can get back at TT and MM? Seems a little risky and foolish to me. If they did, then they would be playing right into Favre's hand.

On the other hand, I'm not sure Favre can say "Gotcha!" to the GB organization if all he does is hand the ball off to Peterson.

We're talking about two different things. Of course the Vikings want to hand the ball off to Peterson and control the game. We're talking about what Favre wants, and I don't think that's what he wants to do.

I think the biggest question of the game is how will the Packers defend the Vikes? I know that they will often have 5 linebackers on the field to counter Adrian. But would they rather see Favre beat them or Adrian?

Isn't the wisest strategic move to put 8 men in the box and make Favre beat you? I realize that is exactly is what Favre is hoping for, but you know AP is capable of beating you if you don;t respect him. I think you have to make Favre prove that he's still capable of it as well.

I have no idea. :wacko:

Capers has been working on a scheme for this game but will it be effective? On paper the Vikings should win but I think Woodson will be all over the field baiting Favre and rushing the passer at other times.

Favre has thrown more this year than Rodgers(94 VS 90). Childress knows Capers in gunning for him and will counter but how effective each will be is unknown.

On paper the Vikings should win.

He did it against Dallas a couple of years ago. They were a team that always beat him and he went deep into triple coverage. He ignored the game plan and chucked it. Will he this time?

Edited by Randall

Ditto. This is a make-or-break night for Berrian when it comes to my fantasy team. The only reason I've kept him on this long is because I cannot find a suitable replacement on the waiver wire. Despite repeated efforts, I couldn't even trade him last week! Let's hope that tonight is his to shine!

Both teams will be totally fired up, and it seems to me that usually that turns into a low scoring defensive battle. Hard hitting brawls favor defenses... but still I seriously HOPE that it can be a high scoring shoot out.

Here's to a Favre 80 yard hail mary to his 8th WR to win the game with 1 second left! And they carry him off the field on a King's thrown! Officially Crowned!! :wacko:

Chilly might let Favre throw an 8 yard pass to Harvin who'll take it up field another 72 yards to hit paydirt.

I think the biggest question of the game is how will the Packers defend the Vikes? I know that they will often have 5 linebackers on the field to counter Adrian. But would they rather see Favre beat them or Adrian?

The best way to beat a team is to shut down their best weapon and make the secondary threat(s) beat you.

So yeah, you stop AD because he can single-handedly beat you. Then take your chances with the QB.

Let me be clear, I am and always have been a huge Minnesota Viking fan but I can tell you that I am torn about this game tonight for one reason, Brett Favre. I have been listening and watching all the media hype today about tonights game and I am sick and tired of hearing about "Brett's Revenge" and how Ted Thompson slighted him and got rid of him because as Brett said "he's not good enough"? Do people really forget what happened the last 3 years of Brett's tenure with the Packers and how Brett dragged out his retirement plans until the very last instant before deciding he was going to play. It got to be a game with Brett and it created problems for TT and the coaches and how they would prepare for the draft and how they would prepare for the season.

The reality is TT and McCarthy got tired of Brett's games and finally said "enough" and moved on. For Brett to put this all on TT and the Packers just shows what a punk he is. The guy is an attention wh0re and constantly wanted to be the center of attention during the off season. Let's be fair to the Packers organization .... they did everything they could to pacify Brett until they couldn't do it anymore. The only thing that I fault TT for was his reluctance to trade Brett to a division rival. If he was done with Brett then he shouldn't have tried to limit Brett's opportunities if he truly didn't want him.

IMO, Aaron Rodgers has shown way more class handling the last couple years than Brett has and there is a side of me that wants to see Aaron have a huge night and see the Packer defense shut down Brett. The biggest thing in Brett's favor tonight is he has Adrian Peterson and having that type of a running game will allow Brett to be patient and pick his shots where Aaron might feel like he has to force the issue tonight if the Vikings shut down the GB running game. It's going to be a great game to watch!