[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panic on Brees?

Medal of Honor

I think it's time that you just look at Brees like any other quarterback, and determine your starter based on match ups.

He's still an elite quarterback, but if Sean Peyton can win the game by running the ball, he's going to run.

Defense and the running game were what cost the Saints many games last season. There was a determination this offseason to improve in both areas. If the improvement stands the test of the NFL season then Brees' #'s will not approach last seasons totals.

Oh how soon we forget the monster games :wacko: Brees is a stud and all that he cares about is winning games. If you don't think so, trade him now, but don't blame one player on a loss as they all have off weeks. It is only week 4 you know and they have a very strong running game.

Further proof that there's no sure thing in Fantasy Football. I think both the Bills and Jets had a very good defensive game plan to slow down Brees and unlike years past, the Saints have a running game so the Saints don't have to force the pass. I don't doubt for one second that Brees won't break out for some big games, but I think all the hype about 50+ TD's and 5000+ yards again might be out the window.

Do we panic on Drew Brees? I can understand a lackluster performance against the Jets... but not even 10 fantasy points? And then to do even worse against the Bills who are ranked in the high 20's when it comes to pass defense? What the effff.....

i'd trade him. great time to sell low.

Don't hate the literate playa. Actually the correction was aimed at your assertion that Payton would rather run than pass. The spelling was just lagniappe. :wacko:

la⋅gniappe  [lan-yap, lan-yap] Show IPA

–noun

1. Chiefly Southern Louisiana and Southeast Texas. a small gift given with a purchase to a customer, by way of compliment or for good measure; bonus.

2. a gratuity or tip.

3. an unexpected or indirect benefit.

this is why you DON'T take your QB super early...you never get the right guy

:wacko: Right, you'd have been way better off taking D Williams, Forte, Turner, Grant, Randy Moss, Larry Fitz, 'cause all those guys are just lighting it up.

Um, he's 5th overall right now. Ask the guy who took Tom Brady if Brees is off to a slow start.