[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rush Limbaugh

MustOfBeenDrunk

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Barrack was bashed this bad, would you Rush Haters call that RACIST?

The President is bashed this bad - EVERY DAY. BY RUSH.

That wasn't my question.

Or should I say Typical democratic answer to my question.

:wacko: What does that even mean? That I interjected some logic? Of course Rush and every citizen has the right to criticize the President. Criticizing the President doesn't make you a racist. And criticizing Rush doesn't make me prejudiced against fat, drug-addicted idiots. I just happen to think he demeans the entire process. We as an electorate deserve better.

FWIW, I also think Bill Mahr is a horse's rear-end. Whatever happened to civil discourse?

:wacko: What does that even mean? That I interjected some logic? Of course Rush and every citizen has the right to criticize the President. Criticizing the President doesn't make you a racist. And criticizing Rush doesn't make me prejudiced against fat, drug-addicted idiots. I just happen to think he demeans the entire process. We as an electorate deserve better.

FWIW, I also think Bill Mahr is a horse's rear-end. Whatever happened to civil discourse?

Get real, anytime someone disagrees with Barrack, they are deemed by the press to be Racist.

That wasn't my question.

Or should I say Typical democratic answer to my question.

The answer was not a typical democratic answer. It was a typical political answer; it did not address the question.

However, to answer your initial question, in a word, no. If you dislike Obama based on his governing, fine. You can say whatever you like. I encourage you to. I will also encourage you to do so in a productive way, as I do with Obama, did with Bush, and did with Clinton. (I was too young to do so with H.W.) However, if you bring race into it, well, don't cry to me if people call you a racist. I'm not saying that race can't be discussed, but there are appropriate times and places for it. When it's in regard to the president's governing, it probably doesn't have a place.

As for Rush, I don't hate him necessarily because of his views. I dislike Rush because he is a major player in the circus that has become political reporting. I don't think that entertainment and politics play well together. In fact, very few things play well with politics. But while I have an active distaste for Rush and Beck, I also don't care for Maddow or Olbermann. They have no real purpose. They don't report much. They offer up nothing more than politically inspired tripe. They are polarizing entertainers. They give people an external outlet for their internal anger and offer an easy and damaging way for people to feel like they have shared beliefs and care about politics without having to do anything like, you know, think.

Back on topic, I would treat Rush's Rams as I treat Vick's Eagles. You can have a team. I'm just never going to support it. I will not watch the games. While I'm not in danger of ever wanting to go to a Ram or Eagle home game (as I rarely find myself in Philly and have never found myself in St. Louis), I will probably also never buy tickets to or attend a Giant or Jet game where they are the away team. I'm very lenient when it comes to what kind of behavior I will endure from people. But there are just certain things I don't tolerate. I'm leaving the door open for Vick to prove himself as an upstanding person. He's young and may turn over a new page. The door is also open for Rush, but I just don't think he has it in him.

The answer was not a typical democratic answer. It was a typical political answer; it did not address the question.

However, to answer your initial question, in a word, no. If you dislike Obama based on his governing, fine. You can say whatever you like. I encourage you to. I will also encourage you to do so in a productive way, as I do with Obama, did with Bush, and did with Clinton. (I was too young to do so with H.W.) However, if you bring race into it, well, don't cry to me if people call you a racist. I'm not saying that race can't be discussed, but there are appropriate times and places for it. When it's in regard to the president's governing, it probably doesn't have a place.

As for Rush, I don't hate him necessarily because of his views. I dislike Rush because he is a major player in the circus that has become political reporting. I don't think that entertainment and politics play well together. In fact, very few things play well with politics. But while I have an active distaste for Rush and Beck, I also don't care for Maddow or Olbermann. They have no real purpose. They don't report much. They offer up nothing more than politically inspired tripe. They are polarizing entertainers. They give people an external outlet for their internal anger and offer an easy and damaging way for people to feel like they have shared beliefs and care about politics without having to do anything like, you know, think.

Back on topic, I would treat Rush's Rams as I treat Vick's Eagles. You can have a team. I'm just never going to support it. I will not watch the games. While I'm not in danger of ever wanting to go to a Ram or Eagle home game (as I rarely find myself in Philly and have never found myself in St. Louis), I will probably also never buy tickets to or attend a Giant or Jet game where they are the away team. I'm very lenient when it comes to what kind of behavior I will endure from people. But there are just certain things I don't tolerate. I'm leaving the door open for Vick to prove himself as an upstanding person. He's young and may turn over a new page. The door is also open for Rush, but I just don't think he has it in him.

I agree with most of what you are saying except your answer to my original question. I don't hate Barrack the person, just his policies.

The far left media plays the Race card all the time when they disagree with Barrack, that is a fact, and that is what my original question

was all about.

I agree with most of what you are saying except your answer to my original question. I don't hate Barrack the person, just his policies.

The far left media plays the Race card all the time when they disagree with Barrack, that is a fact, and that is what my original question

was all about.

See, what he's saying is that this is just not true.

Absolutely he would. He got fired from the booth but now he's good enough of a guy to own a team? Plus as we have now experienced, it isn't easy to get rid of an owner just because he's stupid or senile. You can't fire the owner after he makes a statement that he shouldn't make.

That whole deal was b.s. for Rush. ESPN is run by, and employs, a bunch of spineless jagoffs.

BTW, I think Rush a ginormous twat.

That whole deal was b.s. for Rush. ESPN is run by, and employs, a bunch of spineless jagoffs.

BTW, I think Rush a ginormous twat.

I agree. I think ESPN used the McNabb thing as a convenient excuse to correct what they realized was a horrible, horrible mistake.

was all about.

Your initial question was not would the far left media call it racist. You asked if Rush haters would call it racist. And I answered that no, I would not, if he were being bashed for his governing. If he were being bashed for his race, yes, I would call that racist because that's precisely what racism is.

Rush is being bashed largely for what he does for his profession. It's like hating on a pimp. That's how he spends his days, and it's sleazy. The bashing for his drug history I don't particularly care for. If you want to point out his hypocrisy, you can use his drug addiction and the subsequent investigation as evidence. But I don't think that "he used drugs" is much of an argument against a man.

Also, not to be a rabble-rouser, but it's spelled Barack. I don't nitpick spelling and grammar, but it's about showing the respect to spell the President of the United States' name correctly.

So, Rush has a talk show, and some how because of this, he's the same as a brutal animal torturing abusing ass hole?

Now that's DEMOCRATIC thinking. go donkeys. :wacko:

While several blowhards own NFL teams, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans and the NFL itself would prefer those blowhards to not be known primarily for their politics. There is a reason most people are smart enough not to mix politics in the work place.

That being said, Michael Moore or Rush should have the right to inquire purchasing any NFL team. I'm just glad neither is interested in my favorite team.

Who's your favorite team? I'll call Nancy Pelosi up right now. Her husband already owns a UFL team.

So, Rush has a talk show, and some how because of this, he's the same as a brutal animal torturing abusing ass hole?

Now that's DEMOCRATIC thinking. go donkeys. :wacko:

I find what Rush does to be morally reprehensible, yes. He encourages emotional, gut reactions, often skewed toward intolerance and ignorance. He gives his base a false sense that the far right wing thinking he spews on his show (and doesn't necessarily ascribe to, mind you) is mainstream thinking. He is incendiary on topics that deserve reasoned discussion. He is a bastion of pathos of logos, more akin to advertising than political and social discourse. But I will grant you that my disagreement with his ethos does affect my judgment.

Is he on the level of VIck? I'm not necessarily saying he is. I'm not necessarily saying he isn't. But they are two people who I feel have crossed a moral line. After they crossed it, I stopped measuring how far they went beyond.

Sorry, may have been to harsh, and I missed your name..

It neans cat on fire....no?

No worries brotha. I'm not very easily provoked...at least not tonight. :wacko:

Yeah, it's along the lines of "the cats in flames" or "the cats on fire". I don't hablo much Espanol, so I don't know how it translates directly or if it's even correct in construction. But it's got a nice ring to it and includes a nod to Dan Patrick. How can you go wrong?