[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rush Limbaugh

MustOfBeenDrunk

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Dude, first & foremost, Rush is an entertainer.

He has a certain type of listener that he knows extremely well & has spent years learning what best appeals to & fires up that niche audience of his.

Understand that Rush + Truth = OxymoronOxycotin.

fixed

:wacko:

Nice edit Grunge. Me likes. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Now comes word that many NFL players publicly say they would not sign with a team owned by Rush. I have a friend who lives in Cincinnatti and says that this phenomenon was VERY real when Marge Schott owned the Reds. Many guys would not sign there unless the team DRAMATICALLY overpaid them, which the Reds (and Rams) can not afford to do.

Here's the link

If Obama can win the nobel peace prize ANYONE can own a NFL franchise.

Obviously anyone CAN own a franchise, the question is should the owners LET him?

Now comes word that many NFL players publicly say they would not sign with a team owned by Rush. I have a friend who lives in Cincinnatti and says that this phenomenon was VERY real when Marge Schott owned the Reds. Many guys would not sign there unless the team DRAMATICALLY overpaid them, which the Reds (and Rams) can not afford to do.

Here's the link

They quoted TWO. That isn't "many."

Of course, the two they quoted are pretty f'in good players.

Besides Kiwanuka & Scott....

"Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host."

I think McNabb was pretty clear about the chances of him playing for Rush as well...

"If he's rewarded to buy them, congratulations to him," McNabb said during his weekly press conference. "But I won't be in St. Louis anytime soon."

I speculate those three guys only said what most are thinking. Granted, it's only speculation, but I imagine it's fairly solid speculation.

Second, I'll bet every dollar I own that 95% of the people who hate Rush have never listened to his show, they're just purely idealogical folks who know he's a conservative, and that's all they need to know, so they hate him. It's not a fun way to go through life.

I don't need to eat a spoon full of feces to know I don't want turdloaf for dinner. What's your point?

Sharpton's team would have much better hair.

So you think this reporter found 100% of the players that feel this way and quoted all three of them?

So you think this reporter found 100% of the players that feel this way and quoted all three of them?

Small sample size - are those the only 3 guys he contacted? Did some players say "I don't care, the money's all green" and he didn't quote them? Etc etc.

Saying you won't play somewhere is fine, but I'd be shocked if an NFL player left money on the table because the owner was a jagoff.

:wacko: Dude, first & foremost, Rush is an entertainer.

I think this part is being overlooked. Rush is not a politician. He's an entertainer. Two very, very different things. I'm fairly certain that more people love him than hate him. After all, his radio show does great in every market.

As long as you're on the up and up, I don't care what you do for your income, if you're going to come in and put your money where your mouth is and try to bring in the talent to win then good for them.

If Obama can win the nobel peace prize ANYONE can own a NFL franchise.

What do the two have in common?

This kind of media attention that leads to argument is what the NFL wants to avoid.

Rush and people like him exist to piss people off. That's what they do.

Rush is not a politician. He's an entertainer.
While it's true Rush is only an entertainer, the problem is he injects politics into his entertainment & as evidenced by the various GOP, conservative & Republican events that he has been invited to as a key note speaker & various Republican Congress critters or Senators who have called Rush out & then been forced to apologize to Rush, it's pretty obvious he's got some MAJOR influence regarding the Rights political sphere
I'm fairly certain that more people love him than hate him. After all, his radio show does great in every market.
While his talk radio radio show is extremely successful as talk radio goes, it's regularly creamed by other radio formats, so I don't think I'd correlate that as meaning more people love him, than hate him.

Remember, there's 304,059,724 people in the US & only a small percentage listen to Rush. Considering that by far & away, the overwhelming majority of American citizens don't listen to Rush, what do we take from that? Does that mean the majority of American citizens hate him? I don't know, but the fact of the matter is, far more Americans tune him out, than tune him in.

As long as you're on the up and up, I don't care what you do for your income, if you're going to come in and put your money where your mouth is and try to bring in the talent to win then good for them.
I think Randall probably said it best.

In no way, shape, or form, does Rush project the kind of image the NFL wants to be associated with.