[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beannie Wells

BearBroncos

Well, I figured the thread needed to be made for Wells owners who've been patiently holding onto this cat on their bench. The Cards passing game has been dismal along with their running game under TH. They will be playing one of the worst rush defenses in the NFL and the only true way to kick start your passing game is to get a strong running game.

Does anyone else think it's time to give Wells a #2 spot on your roster? Seems like the perfect time coming off the bye, against a horrid defense.

im considering grabbing him but need some convincing in ppr as well.

Well, in PPR he might not be the best option. TH is still has better hands and should be in for check downs. Wells will be the primary power back so will be in the majority of the time and goal line, but TH will still be their receiving back.

Hightower is the starter ( atleasr for now ) and is also the GL back ( he had 11 TD's as the GL Back last year I believe and got the carries so far on the GL this year when they had a few) . Again as for right now Hightower has the starting job. Wells gets 4-6 carries a game.I personally like Wells but I dont get the non love for Hightower. He has put up good numbers. He is the leading recieving back in football. ( most receptions) hes a great WR back. They say ( from what I read) that wells cant pass block or pick up the blitz at all and with the offensive line there and the blitzes that come at warner Hightower is going to get more reps. This is still a pasing team and Hightower suits there offense better then wells right now. There were no changes over the bye. Hightower is still the starter as far as we know. I dont think hightower has looked that bad. ( he is running 3.5 YPC ( not as good as wells 4.4) , and 2 out of three games put up 20 fantasy pts) Ofcourse Beanie is a better pure runner but thats not what its all about. You need to be able to pass block , Know the playbook ( which they say he is having a hard time getting) , pick up the blitz etc. In a PPR league Hightower has been a low #1 back and in any league Beanie has not done anything. I just think Hightower deserves alot more credit then he gets. Again taking nothing away from beanie and his talent. I just think Hightower is the starter this year. Next year is a different story.

I couldn't wait for him to put up relevant fantasy numbers while guys on the waiver were putting up startable numbers. Dropped his

no-point-getting butt last week in both my leagues for Sims-Walker and Coffee. Dont' see him getting much until very late in the year or maybe next year, I could be wrong and he could pull a Mendenhall out of his arse against Houston, but I just don't see it happening on a pass first team. They are not going to let him play and chance getting Warner killed on a missed assignment.

I couldn't wait for him to put up relevant fantasy numbers while guys on the waiver were putting up startable numbers. Dropped his

no-point-getting butt last week in both my leagues for Sims-Walker and Coffee. Dont' see him getting much until very late in the year or maybe next year, I could be wrong and he could pull a Mendenhall out of his arse against Houston, but I just don't see it happening on a pass first team. They are not going to let him play and chance getting Warner killed on a missed assignment.

this.

and I'm a big BW fan..

We said the same thing when they were playing Indy. Ask your local Beanie Wells owner how that turned out...well, I suppose you are your local Beanie Wells owner, so you remember.

The problem in the Indy game was that they never committed to the run, and they couldn't very well commit to it when they got down. Houston is putting up a very respectable 23.5 pts per game. Indy's at 26.5 per. Cards have 19 per.

Could Beanie show up? Yes. If he gets the 7 carries he got in games 1 and 2 he could put up RB 3 numbers. But if Houston gets ahead, don't expect anything, and I mean anything (on the level of 2 carries for -2 yards, just to jog your week 3 memory) from him.

There was a post where Rob Moore stated Wells biggest issue was his pass blocking and blitz protection and that he just could not learn the playboook ( a big reason was missing part of camp) . Hightower is average to above average and Wells is horrible in pass protection. Warner can get killed when he is in there. And I dont consider myself biased as I own both. I have no concern who is the main back BUT I dont see any way Wells has any value this year. And I like Hightower better. I think hightower is a good runner and runs with power ( he just will not have as many 20 yard runs as Wells) . I will proballty drop wells after this week ( if he shows nothing again) as if he didnt learn some of the playbook, get a little better in pass protection and try to learn how to catch the ball atleast on dumpoffs and not fumble during the 2 weeks they had to teach him these things then all hope for him is lost for this season UNLESS I will add the team falls out of contention and say they are 5-7. then they start to play Wells and maybe even leinart to get a glimpse of the future.

It should be noted with the talk of Beanie's fumblitis that Hightower fumbled twice in week 3, one lost. Same as Wells from the week prior.

Beanie fumbled twice in week 2 and was punished for that so will they punish TH for his fumbles in week 3?

Also, TH has only averaged a dismal 3.4 YPC. Wells, in limited touches has still averaged 4.4 YPC and against a week D, I just see him getting allot of work. Warner has spent allot of time on his back the first part of the season and will continue as long as they don't have a running game. I just can't see the Cards not working on getting Wells intigrated into the game.

Hightower is the starter ( atleasr for now ) and is also the GL back ( he had 11 TD's as the GL Back last year I believe and got the carries so far on the GL this year when they had a few) . Again as for right now Hightower has the starting job. Wells gets 4-6 carries a game.I personally like Wells but I dont get the non love for Hightower. He has put up good numbers. He is the leading recieving back in football. ( most receptions) hes a great WR back. They say ( from what I read) that wells cant pass block or pick up the blitz at all and with the offensive line there and the blitzes that come at warner Hightower is going to get more reps. This is still a pasing team and Hightower suits there offense better then wells right now. There were no changes over the bye. Hightower is still the starter as far as we know. I dont think hightower has looked that bad. ( he is running 3.5 YPC ( not as good as wells 4.4) , and 2 out of three games put up 20 fantasy pts) Ofcourse Beanie is a better pure runner but thats not what its all about. You need to be able to pass block , Know the playbook ( which they say he is having a hard time getting) , pick up the blitz etc. In a PPR league Hightower has been a low #1 back and in any league Beanie has not done anything. I just think Hightower deserves alot more credit then he gets. Again taking nothing away from beanie and his talent. I just think Hightower is the starter this year. Next year is a different story.

I dont disagree with respect to the fact that Hightower is the starter. But Arizona drafted Wells in the first round for a reason - Hightower just isnt a very good runner. I think this will emerge into a true RBBC, but they are a pass first offense. Whereas Moreno is in a much better position and seems to be getting the bulk of the carries. If you actually watch the games (im not saying you dont) you can tell that Wells is a far more dynamic runner and will add a dimension to the game that will help Warner tremendously. No defense is going to fear Hightower running out of a pro set.

My feeling is that Hightower will certainly remain the 3rd down back and probably the short yardage back and still get 1/3 of the carries in between the 20s. That adds up to a fairly productive #2 back especially given the easy schedule they have. I expect Wells to get 10-12 carries a game and 2-3 TDs with some upside perhaps. Thats about it. But I cant imagine the Cardinals drafted him to ride the pine.

I dont disagree with respect to the fact that Hightower is the starter. But Arizona drafted Wells in the first round for a reason - Hightower just isnt a very good runner. I think this will emerge into a true RBBC, but they are a pass first offense. Whereas Moreno is in a much better position and seems to be getting the bulk of the carries. If you actually watch the games (im not saying you dont) you can tell that Wells is a far more dynamic runner and will add a dimension to the game that will help Warner tremendously. No defense is going to fear Hightower running out of a pro set.

My feeling is that Hightower will certainly remain the 3rd down back and probably the short yardage back and still get 1/3 of the carries in between the 20s. That adds up to a fairly productive #2 back especially given the easy schedule they have. I expect Wells to get 10-12 carries a game and 2-3 TDs with some upside perhaps. Thats about it. But I cant imagine the Cardinals drafted him to ride the pine.

Using the TH is the starter theory, remember, PT is also listed as the #2 back to Reggie Bush but who is actually the number 1 back in NO?

Wells is a far more dynamic runner and will add a dimension to the game that will help Warner tremendously. No defense is going to fear Hightower running out of a pro set.

There is no doubting that staement . I did say Wells is the better runner. Period. But while teams dont fear hightower running , the Cards fear for Warner when Wells is in there. I watch the games and trust me Wells is really, really bad on pass blocking and in a pass offense thats huge. . thats not going to change in 2 weeks. That alone garentees that Hightower gets more time. Also again this is a passing offense and Hightower suits the offense better. If this was the Carolina Panthers then Wells would fit that offense better. Again just my opinion and as I said I own both and I am starting Hightower this week BUT I wouldnt play wells unless I had no options left.

Wells is a far more dynamic runner and will add a dimension to the game that will help Warner tremendously. No defense is going to fear Hightower running out of a pro set.

There is no doubting that staement . I did say Wells is the better runner. Period. But while teams dont fear hightower running , the Cards fear for Warner when Wells is in there. I watch the games and trust me Wells is really, really bad on pass blocking and in a pass offense thats huge. . thats not going to change in 2 weeks. That alone garentees that Hightower gets more time. Also again this is a passing offense and Hightower suits the offense better. If this was the Carolina Panthers then Wells would fit that offense better. Again just my opinion and as I said I own both and I am starting Hightower this week BUT I wouldnt play wells unless I had no options left.

But with a good running game, teams stop blitzing.

The cards need to consider a 2 back set until Wells prefects his blocking but I just can't see them egnoring the kids talent, escpecially at 1-3.

I have Wells slated this week; mostly because I have Grant Bye Wk (somewhat disapointing so far, and Felix Jones -nicked up knee-) on my bench plus I think if there is any week he can be RB2 (at least) with upside, its this week..

the only other option I may have is M.Moore on the FA market vs Det..but with Mendenhall going crazy Sunday night I doubt he will get a lot of touches..I think I will just have to hope after 5 weeks he can hang on to the rock, and maybe get 75 or so yds on 11-15 or carries (the ultimate would be a score with that too)

I cant say I dont agree as I do and this weekend will be a good idea on how they plan on using both backs. All I am saying Is I cant trust Wells for a fantasy game yet. Hightower has been 20points or more in 2 of his three games. I would love Wells to take over the main RB duties and run crazy. And maybe it happens this weekend but I cant see it. I just think that this year , this is hightowers job. Looking foward to Sunday and watching.

But with a good running game, teams stop blitzing.

The cards need to consider a 2 back set until Wells prefects his blocking but I just can't see them egnoring the kids talent, escpecially at 1-3.

Just keep in mind that even on the Cards website, they state they will be changing things up and trying to go on a 13-0 streak. Not ready much into the 13-0 thing, but focusing on the CHANGING things up comment and seeing the direction they need to go.

I just see TH becoming a mentor rather than a field presence.... But I could be absolutely wrong....I've done that before :wacko:

This is almost turning into the Ryan Torrain thread from last year...!!!

I drank the Torrain kool aid, and was bummed when he went down...

Drank the Beanie kool aid too, drafted him.....and now....waiting

starting him this week....if he cant get it going this week, he wont...!