[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beannie Wells

BearBroncos

The point missing is that Arizona SUCKS!!!

Start either one at your peril. :wacko:

I wouldn't say start either at your own peril as TH has posted starter-worthy stats. Hightower is the 19th ranked RB in my leagues right now and he hasn't scored less than 11 points in any of the first 3 games he's played. His touches per game have been 20, 18 and 14. His total yardage has been 136, 84 and 61. Now, the fear is that his numbers have declined each and every week both in touches and yardage. Will that continue? Will Wells benefit? Has Wells already benefitted from TH's touches decreasing? Let's look... In the first 3 weeks prior to the week 4 bye, Wells totaled 7, 7 and 2 carries. He does not have a single reception on the year and when TH's touches dropped off, so did Wells', so it wasn't like Wells got more touches as TH lost them. I hadn't realized how bad Wells' production had been on the year. Not taking any of his fumbles into account, Wells has totaled only 7.3 points in three weeks and has 16 total touches (carries) for 71 yards. Yikes!! Hightower certainly seems to be the man in Arizona for now and even if Wells starts taking carries, Hightower will still have value in PPR leagues.

Wells is a far more dynamic runner and will add a dimension to the game that will help Warner tremendously. No defense is going to fear Hightower running out of a pro set.

There is no doubting that staement . I did say Wells is the better runner. Period. But while teams dont fear hightower running , the Cards fear for Warner when Wells is in there. I watch the games and trust me Wells is really, really bad on pass blocking and in a pass offense thats huge. . thats not going to change in 2 weeks. That alone garentees that Hightower gets more time. Also again this is a passing offense and Hightower suits the offense better. If this was the Carolina Panthers then Wells would fit that offense better. Again just my opinion and as I said I own both and I am starting Hightower this week BUT I wouldnt play wells unless I had no options left.

I completely agree with this. Absolutely spot on.

Mixed signals from ARZ. Here an article from today and Whisenhunt sort of says the opposite.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12338007

Some highlights , It does make me think that Hightower night share more carries then I was assuming .But from reading below it sounds like Hightower is still going to get the lions share of carries .

Wells believes he has a firm grasp of the Arizona offense and belongs on the field, no matter the situation.

Whisenhunt has other thoughts.

"I'm sure he feels he can do everything and I'm not sitting here saying he can't," Whisenhunt said. "But it's just like we do with any young player. When they get to the point where they're ready to play then they'll play."

"When you miss four weeks of training camp where you're usually putting the work in and you've got three other [running backs] who did the work, you don't put a young guy in there and risk getting a QB hit," Whisenhunt said. "That's not what a coach does, at least not the ones I've been around.

"There's no difference just because Beanie was a first-round pick."

And the Cardinals love Wells' potential.

He is averaging 4.4 yards per carry on 16 attempts -- a full yard better than starter Tim Hightower -- and he looks on the verge of breaking big plays almost every time he touches the ball.

But the reason for that low number of attempts might be found in the other things Wells has done -- or hasn't done.

"The only issues we have are that some of our protection schemes, especially when we go to three and four receivers, are pretty complex and he hasn't had reps at that," Whisenhunt said. "To think that we're going to put him in a game where he has to cross the backfield and pick up a blitzer is not really logical."

t was assumed that Wells would use the Cardinals' now-concluded bye week to bone up on the things he had missed, but Wells said the bye week was no help.

"Not really," he said. "I didn't think I was too far behind when the season started anyway, and I'm caught up now."

Edited by damageinc

This week and last were my two killer bye weeks. Last week I had NO CHOICE and EVERY bench player on my squad was on their bye.

This week is a little better, but I have to choose TWO between Beanie, Ricky W., Jason Avant and Kelly Washington. :D

I went with the RBs and also am crossing my fingers.

Anyone in Phoenix wanna go "Tonya Harding" on Hightower for me? :wacko: Thanx in advance! :D

I've struggled and struggled with this all week and more so the last couple of days and I've decided that I'm going to take the risk this week, considering my only other option is K. Smith. Smith should get at least 10 points for me, but I truly need maximum points this week and I just have that gut feeling (with Pit finally getting Mendenhall going and other rookies making a difference) that AZ will get their rookie into the game more.

If, and I say if, he gets that one opportunity and he breaks open finally, this could be the beginning of a beautiful relations..... Otherwise, I might be highly depressed by the end of the day.

Go, go BEANNIE!

Edited by BearBroncos

If, and I say if, he gets that one opportunity and he breaks open finally, this could be the beginning of a beautiful relations..... Otherwise, I might be highly depressed by the end of the day.

Go, go BEANNIE!

Don't get into a relationship. Beanie will be like a fickle grilfriend. Lots of mood swings. He'll often disappoint you..

Want to shoot myself..drank the kool aid...listened to the reports and started B. Wells OVER Ced Benson going against Baltimore.

Every publication was saying that Benson would get shut down...and several were saying that Wells would go off.

I should have listened to my gut...

I suck.

Want to shoot myself..drank the kool aid...listened to the reports and started B. Wells OVER Ced Benson going against Baltimore.

Every publication was saying that Benson would get shut down...and several were saying that Wells would go off.

I suck.

Its only half time and the Cards are up 21-0 against the worst run D in the league. If there was ever going to be a time for them to get the running game going and for Wells to do something, it should happen shortly...

ETA: Nevermind :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

I suck.

Did the same thing. Luckily I don't think it's going to hurt me as Winslow came through big for me today. This is the last time I sit Benson.

Assesment after the game is :Dropping Wells. 2 fantasy points. He was in on that play where Warner got hammered. The guy cant block. He will not play much no matter if he is better than HT.( and yesterday he wassnt) He just not going to get enough carries. Hightower while not running great ( Wells ran as bad) atleast he gets the points. 15 fantasy pts . thats good enough for RB2. Wells is not even rb4.Basically belongs on the WW. This is a passing team. They will run 15-18 times a game. wells will get 5-8 carries. Hightower 5-8. atleast hightower can get 5-30 recieving and Hightower is the GL Back so he gets the TDs. Of course hightower could get injured and then its a different story. but Wells getting 7-24 against the wordt rush D is not a good sign.

Edited by damageinc

Bench fodder!

I will keep him 'till FCFS and grab something for him. This is a sad ending to high hopes. My only really "bad pick" this year! :D:wacko:

Well, here I am to admit I was SOOOO wrong....

Not that Wells couldn;t had done it, but the stupid azz Card coaching staff. Why, tell me WHY in heavens name would you, with a lead pass the ball 90% of the time in the 4th qtr??? Absolutely no ball control when they absolutely needed.

Sorry to those I might have influenced to start Wells. I was so wrong, in more ways then not this week. My worst week I've ever had....ever.

Well, here I am to admit I was SOOOO wrong....

Not that Wells couldn;t had done it, but the stupid azz Card coaching staff. Why, tell me WHY in heavens name would you, with a lead pass the ball 90% of the time in the 4th qtr??? Absolutely no ball control when they absolutely needed.

Sorry to those I might have influenced to start Wells. I was so wrong, in more ways then not this week. My worst week I've ever had....ever.

Nuttin' up. I like it! :D We all have those weeks. :wacko:

I too was feeling it was this week or never... you're not alone!

My WRs (Burleson, Roddy and Panther Smith) and Matt Ryan kicked ass for me this week and I got through my second toughest bye week hit with a win (and Ricky still to go tonight) and may have league high points... go figure!

Assesment after the game is :Dropping Wells. 2 fantasy points. He was in on that play where Warner got hammered. The guy cant block. He will not play much no matter if he is better than HT.( and yesterday he wassnt) He just not going to get enough carries. Hightower while not running great ( Wells ran as bad) atleast he gets the points. 15 fantasy pts . thats good enough for RB2. Wells is not even rb4.Basically belongs on the WW. This is a passing team. They will run 15-18 times a game. wells will get 5-8 carries. Hightower 5-8. atleast hightower can get 5-30 recieving and Hightower is the GL Back so he gets the TDs. Of course hightower could get injured and then its a different story. but Wells getting 7-24 against the wordt rush D is not a good sign.

My league I have him in is a keeper league. I have Slaton, Moreno and Michael Bush. I guess I am going to use Bush for the bye weeks or swing a trade. Im hopeful that late season he emerges a bit but right now he is basically useless.

Im still licking my wounds for cutting Miles Austin after the 1st week of the season. ive learned that you need to be patient with young talented players. Not so easy when injuries pile up to go along with bye weeks and Sammy Morris is looking great. But there is a reason why the Sammy Morris' are perennial backups and the superstars get the big money. Im not saying Wells is going to be a superstar, but I think in a keeper league he is well worthwhile holding onto.

• 2 weeks later...

He got 2 carries in the 10 until they got to the 1 and then Hightower ran it in. Next time Beanie gets to the 6 and they take Wells out for Wright and Wright scores. still a nice , really nice show of running by Wells. He seems to have to score like he did from the 13 or he dosent get GL chances. But atleast he seems to maybe have crosed from waiver wire to bench and hold. Hightower is still ( as of this moment) the guy to have. as he is the pass catching back ( he dropped all the passes his way tonight., not good) GL back BUT and this is a HUGE but. they are trying badly to get Wells to be a pass catcher. they threw three his way . he did nothing with them but they are atleast trying. He lost the ball AGAIN ( hightower also lost a fumble ) but atleast it went out of bounds. Wells might be a starter in fantasy if they keep feeding him the ball BUT he needs GL carries.I did not drop him as there was no one to pick up and I might be glad I did not. Theres is actually a chance he could get more carries going forward.

Edited by damageinc