[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

MojoMan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not my diety. he was not my first choice, but he was a better choice than McCain/Palin and the referance of the 'world apology tour' clearly shows where you get your marching orders from.

Really, where did you hear the term "world apology tour" first? The first place I heard it was hear. I agree he is a better choice than McCain as McCain would have been just more of the same, and done more to hurt conservatives. I actually thing Obama may end up doing more for the conservative movement than any so called conservative leader has done since Regan. Actually I'm glad Obama won the election even though it saddens me that people did not look past the color of his skin and the eloquence of his words to see what he really stood for and who he associated himself with, and it saddens me even more that so many still refuse to look. Still overall I'm quite certain that Obama will end up doing more to help the United States than any president we've had in the last 20 years, assuming of course that we aren't broke by 2012.

Really, where did you hear the term "world apology tour" first? The first place I heard it was hear.

I hear it like 20 times a day on Hannity ((and I don't have too long of a drive))

and I think it is important to live up to the bad things we've done as a country despite all the good we've done - even if the bad is in the clear minority. admitting your mistakes is a big part of growing.

Edited by Duchess Jack

That's utter bullchit and you know it. Who wore this as an avatar?

Just keep lying to yourself, DrawDowner. :wacko:

You know I was actually thinking of changing it, actually had picked out something else and was working on resizing it to fit, when you and a few others started whining about it. Now knowing that it bothers some of you so, I just can't bring myself to change it.

I hear it like 20 times a day on Hannity ((and I don't have too long of a drive))

and I think it is important to live up to the bad things we've done as a country despite all the good we've done - even if the bad is in the clear minority. admitting your mistakes is a big part of growing.

I agree, I just think it would have been better had he been more balanced in his speeches.

You know I was actually thinking of changing it, actually had picked out something else and was working on resizing it to fit, when you and a few others started whining about it. Now knowing that it bothers some of you so, I just can't bring myself to change it.

:D:wacko:

Right, thereby revealing your hypocrisy: it was bad when people did it to Bush (when in fact no one did) so now you do it to be nothing more than a whiney cunt.

Keep the avatar - it just extends your hypocritical behavior for all to see. TIA.

:D:wacko:

Right, thereby revealing your hypocrisy: it was bad when people did it to Bush (when in fact no one did) so now you do it to be nothing more than a whiney cunt.

Keep the avatar - it just extends your hypocritical behavior for all to see. TIA.

What is hypocritical about my behavior? I never complained about anyone's avatar?

I agree, I just think it would have been better had he been more balanced in his speeches.

Do you think that the good we've done in Europe needs to be forced down people's throats or do you think that they know about it? What good would that have done? Would it have made acknowleging the bad we've done more sincere or less? We are sorry we did these bad things, but in our defense - we've also done this.

Now - I don't think the purpose of his trip was to apologize, but rather put a new face on America and he did. The world loves us a lot more then they did a couple years ago and this cannot be seen as a bad thing. Does it mean we have to bow down before these countries - no - but it might mean that we'll have less people working against us just for the sake of working against us.

Do you think that the good we've done in Europe needs to be forced down people's throats or do you think that they know about it? What good would that have done? Would it have made acknowleging the bad we've done more sincere or less? We are sorry we did these bad things, but in our defense - we've also done this.

Now - I don't think the purpose of his trip was to apologize, but rather put a new face on America and he did. The world loves us a lot more then they did a couple years ago and this cannot be seen as a bad thing. Does it mean we have to bow down before these countries - no - but it might mean that we'll have less people working against us just for the sake of working against us.

I think it would have been much better to state what we have done good and bad, an then state what are current intentions are. Frankly I think some in Europe do need to be reminded that we aren't all bad. I also think that we need to spend significantly more time looking forward than looking back. I realize it is easier to dis your predecessors than it is to promote you agenda, particularly when you aren't real sure what your agenda is.

Name one country that likes us more now that Obama is the President.

England? Nope

France? Nope

Russia? Nope

N.Korea? Nope

Iran? Nope

Iraq? Nope

Afghanistan? Nope

Pakistan? Nope

Israel? Nope

Poland? Nope

Czechs? Nope

Edited by TimC