[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It sure is cold.

Antivellum

Then you read the part where the ocean's temperature cycle were accounted for in the accepted climate change theory.

From what I read, the often wrong climate change models based on this did not show us cooling now. But I'm sure you are correct, and we should trust a model built by a group of hired gun scientists instead of the thermometer on the back porch.

From what I read, the often wrong climate change models based on this did not show us cooling now. But I'm sure you are correct, and we should trust a model built by a group of hired gun scientists instead of the thermometer on the back porch.

:wacko: They quote two organizations, one listed as "the world's top climate modeler" who says that the ocean temperatures are a known variable in calculating global temperature variations, and specifically say that this does not change the accepted view of climate change.

The one guy they quote challenging it is a Glen Beck guest.

Hired guns, indeed. Have to agree here!

:wacko: They quote two organizations, one listed as "the world's top climate modeler" who says that the ocean temperatures are a known variable in calculating global temperature variations, and specifically say that this does not change the accepted view of climate change.

The one guy they quote challenging it is a Glen Beck guest.

Hired guns, indeed. Have to agree here!

How accurate has the model been lately? BTW, when did we just start ignoring anyone interviewed by a talking head we don't like? Does that mean we now get to ignore anyone interviewed by Madcow and Olberman?

please point me to the climate models based on this "accepted climate change theory" from 10 years ago that predicted cooling over the last decade. TIA.

Why don't you point me to the ones that don't.

From the linked article you didn't read:

The UK Met Office's Hadley Centre, responsible for future climate predictions, says it incorporates solar variation and ocean cycles into its climate models, and that they are nothing new.

In fact, the centre says they are just two of the whole host of known factors that influence global temperatures - all of which are accounted for by its models.

In addition, say Met Office scientists, temperatures have never increased in a straight line, and there will always be periods of slower warming, or even temporary cooling.

What is crucial, they say, is the long-term trend in global temperatures. And that, according to the Met office data, is clearly up.

Then you read the part where the ocean's temperature cycle were accounted for in the accepted climate change theory .

:D

Unless you accept this singular aspect of the sentence above, you are a heretic. There is no further discussion as long as this remains the premise of their position. You might just as well :2cents:

BTW All this cold is all an effect caused by Climal Warnging! :2cents: Dontcha know? :D It is NOT "global warming" anymore, it is "Climate Change" :D There is NO WAY to be wrong by re-framing the discussion this way!

Sort of like going from "liberal" to "progressive" . :wacko::D