[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The Blind Side" vs Jarred Allen this week...

kpholmes

From PFT

For those of you who have yet to learn about Michael Oher, I recommend you read up on the kid.

From Wikipedia:

Oher's father, murdered while Oher was a junior in high school, was not involved in his upbringing. His mother was addicted to crack cocaine. As a result, he received little constructive attention during his formative years. He repeated both first grade and second grade, and attended eleven different schools during his first nine years as a student. He also alternated between time spent in various foster homes and periods with no fixed address until he was sixteen years old.

He eventually pulled up his GPA, got into Ole Miss and was a first round draft pick...

Michael Lewis wrote "The Blind Side" about his life and the struggles he's gone through, and they're releasing a movie about him in November starring Sandra Bullock.

With Gaither listed as doubtful, and Oher playing some LT last week, there's a good chance he'll have to face Allen this week... Could be a rough day for the kid.

"Jay Glazer's After Party online show on FOXSports.com is usually filled with fun and good vibes.

Not this week, as show regular Jared Allen tore into Baltimore Ravens tackle Michael Oher after the rookie criticized the Vikings DE following Sunday's game in Minnesota.

After holding the sack-happy Allen to just one sack Sunday, Oher told the Baltimore Sun that "There is nothing really special about him ... I think he found out I'm an OK player. Guy makes like $100 million. I think I did all right."

On his Monday show, Allen shared his response with Glazer. "Well, that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," Allen said. "I beat that dude like a red-headed step child, let's be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that.

"That's just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. That guy (Oher) will watch film today and realize. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."

Per Foxsports.com

LINK

Edited by Shorttynaz

"Jay Glazer's After Party online show on FOXSports.com is usually filled with fun and good vibes.

Not this week, as show regular Jared Allen tore into Baltimore Ravens tackle Michael Oher after the rookie criticized the Vikings DE following Sunday's game in Minnesota.

After holding the sack-happy Allen to just one sack Sunday, Oher told the Baltimore Sun that "There is nothing really special about him ... I think he found out I'm an OK player. Guy makes like $100 million. I think I did all right."

On his Monday show, Allen shared his response with Glazer. "Well, that's just some idiot trying to talk himself up," Allen said. "I beat that dude like a red-headed step child, let's be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that.

"That's just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up. Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter. That guy (Oher) will watch film today and realize. Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him."

Per Foxsports.com

LINK

What they didn't post:

Vikings Pro Bowl defensive end Jared Allen spent much of Sunday verbally sparring with Ravens rookie left tackle Michael Oher. However, after the game Allen shrugged off a question about what happened.

"I don't think I've met one rookie that hasn't tried to talk," said Allen, who finished with a sack, seven tackles, four tackles for a loss and two quarterback hurries. "Maybe it's a confidence builder for themselves. He'll be all right. He's a good player."

In the Ravens locker room, Oher was not being quite as kind to Allen despite the fact the veteran got the best of the battle early on and Oher had a pair of false-start penalties . "In the second half, I feel like I shut him out," Oher said. "There is nothing really special about him. I think if we played them [in Baltimore], it would make a big difference. The false starts were just mistiming the snap."

Just a bunch of yapping from both sides. Allen played great, but Oher probably gave him his best competition so far this season. You wouldn't expect a player of Allen's caliber to feel the need to respond to a rookie like that, but that's Jared Allen.

Joe Thomas :wacko:

In Oher's second start at left tackle, I think he did a pretty good job of containing Allen. Allen still made plays and was a factor in a game. But Oher did well and I look for good things to come. He's a major cog in a very young and exciting group of Ravens (i.e., Flacco, Rice, Mclain, etc.) on the offense.

The battle between the BAL O-line and MIN D-line was a very good one. MIN's D-line was firing off of the ball and actually had several offsides penalties in the 4th. BAL's O-line had their share of false starts too. This race was evenly matched.

Overall it came down to MINs passing attack overpowering BALs secondary.