[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota Vikings

tosberg34

I know coaches are disposable, but you don't get rid of him when he's winning. There is something about him that just rubs people the wrong way. Maybe his dry sense of humor. He gets railed the stupidiest things...

Yeah, the dry sense of humor and ahhhhhhhh, ummmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhh monotone voice dont help.

For me, its more about the on-field gaffes and his explanations, though. Take last year in the Tennessee game for example. Chilly(with his team down 13 late in the game and out of time outs) punted on 4th down rather than go for it. Tennessee fielded the punt and knelt 3 times to run out the last 2 mins. When asked about it afterward, rather than admit he goofed up or gave up, he tried to spin it as though there was some strategy there that people just didnt understand. And I think that is the main thing that has rubbed people the wrong way with him...he comes off as a pompous @ss who thinks he knows a lot more than anyone else yet he flubs up as much or more than most NFL coaches. Its one thing to be an arrogant, pompous @ss and be standoff-ish/condescending with people(ie Hoodie) when you have a couple rings like Hoodie. When you're .500 coming into this season and your best accomplishment is 10-6 and a home playoff loss, people will be less tolerant of you being a dink.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chilly or no Chilly

Favre or no Favre

An interesting stat is that during their last 18 regular season games, they are 15-3 (just talking regular season now) – Not a bad string and the cupcake schedule theory is much weaker looking at it this way.

After being conditioned as a MN fan for the bad luck, it has been kind of nice actually feeling that they can get of the hook once in a while and steal one.

On a side note: New Orleans reminds me a lot of the ’98 Vikes – outscoring everyone they play. While the N.O defense has improved, I am not so sure they are just taking the other team out of their game quickly.

I wish them well, but they look awful familiar

Chilly or no Chilly

Favre or no Favre

An interesting stat is that during their last 18 regular season games, they are 15-3 (just talking regular season now) – Not a bad string and the cupcake schedule theory is much weaker looking at it this way.

After being conditioned as a MN fan for the bad luck, it has been kind of nice actually feeling that they can get of the hook once in a while and steal one.

On a side note: New Orleans reminds me a lot of the ’98 Vikes – outscoring everyone they play. While the N.O defense has improved, I am not so sure they are just taking the other team out of their game quickly.

Yeah, but they have a veteran kicker who never misses, so they... oh, wait; never mind.

Obviously that means he is now the essence of awesomeness . . . .lol

Not awesomeness, but as Moss6 ponted out, the last 18 games they are 15 - 3. My point is Chilly has a lot to do with. A head coach isn't 15-3 by being craptacular...as you stated.

Chilly or no Chilly

Favre or no Favre

On a side note: New Orleans reminds me a lot of the '98 Vikes – outscoring everyone they play. While the N.O defense has improved, I am not so sure they are just taking the other team out of their game quickly.

:wacko:

Sure they are and if Favre falters they could still win it all.

Anything is possible. I like the Giants and Saints better but you never know. If all keep winning it could come down to home field.

Minny and New Orleans have real advantages.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall09/week6

Favre had a funny exchange with Vikings coach Brad Childress late in the victory over the Ravens. Childress came over and told him that momentum was shifting to the Ravens and the Vikings needed to finish drives with touchdowns. Favre said his response was: "No s---, Sherlock." …

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall09/week6

Favre had a funny exchange with Vikings coach Brad Childress late in the victory over the Ravens. Childress came over and told him that momentum was shifting to the Ravens and the Vikings needed to finish drives with touchdowns. Favre said his response was: "No s---, Sherlock." …

That must be another example of Chilly's "awesomeness" . . :wacko:

It's hard to believe I'm saying this, but, next week's game could be a shoot-out, passing game. The Steelers and Vikings are both, usually, tough to run on. The Steelers have finally realized that their team's biggest weapons are in the passing game. On defense, the Steelers secondary is struggling a bit. Polamalu is not 100%, and the Browns had a lot of drops that could have kept the chains moving. The old, stubborn Steelers offensive play-calling would have never allowed Roethlisberger to put up the passing numbers he is, but, that has definitely changed now.

I think this is going to be a great game, and I'm looking forward to it.

It's hard to believe I'm saying this, but, next week's game could be a shoot-out, passing game. The Steelers and Vikings are both, usually, tough to run on. The Steelers have finally realized that their team's biggest weapons are in the passing game. On defense, the Steelers secondary is struggling a bit. Polamalu is not 100%, and the Browns had a lot of drops that could have kept the chains moving. The old, stubborn Steelers offensive play-calling would have never allowed Roethlisberger to put up the passing numbers he is, but, that has definitely changed now.

I think this is going to be a great game, and I'm looking forward to it.

Nice comma usage, Sarge.

And be sure to start 20 threads about the game and post 200 times in each thread. :wacko:

Nice comma usage, Sarge.

And be sure to start 20 threads about the game and post 200 times in each thread. :D

Yes, the forum is full of threads that I've started about the Steelers. I forgot you feel very important around here, so, whether what your posting is accurate or not doesn't matter. :wacko:

...and sorry for posting a comment about an important NFL game in an NFL Football forum. My bad.

Also, I'm no grammar expert, but, I don't see any mis-placed commas.....:D

Oh, you were just being a jerk to be a jerk and then call it a fishing expedition.......got it. :D

Edited by Menudo

I will be very worried if Antoine Winfield cannot go...you saw how easily Baltimore took advantage of that in the second half, just imagine Big Ben and the Steeler wideouts... :wacko:

I would comment, but, Hugh One is a REALLY big deal around here, and I might get admonished. Sorry.

Edited by Menudo

Not awesomeness, but as Moss6 ponted out, the last 18 games they are 15 - 3. My point is Chilly has a lot to do with. A head coach isn't 15-3 by being craptacular...as you stated.

I remember when Mike McCarthy had a 16-4 run as Packer HC. Good times, good times.

I will be very worried if Antoine Winfield cannot go...you saw how easily Baltimore took advantage of that in the second half, just imagine Big Ben and the Steeler wideouts... :wacko:

They had Ben Leber talking on local radio Monday about the defensive meltdown. Once the Ravens began their hurry up offense, MN defense had people running different schemes at the same time :D

Total communication breakdown :D

Alot of talk about this on KFAN today: If Winfield is still not practcing by Friday, they should rest him so he is healthy for the GB game. (thats probably the more important game).

I am sure Asher Allen will be active for the 1st time. Sapp on the outside and Allen in the slot, see what the rookie's got. He had a good preseason.

Edited by Outshined

They had Ben Leber talking on local radio Monday about the defensive meltdown. Once the Ravens began their hurry up offense, MN defense had people running different schemes at the same time :D

Total communication breakdown :D

Heard that and gotta say it surprised me. That doesnt seem to be something they'd want to just throw out there. Kinda reminds me of when Favre admitted in an interview it was Chilly who made that one last call to him to ask him about playing after Chilly said they were done with Favre. I would have thought Chilly might have ended that call with something like: "Uhhhhhhhh, now Brett, ahhhhhhhhhhh, it would be better if people ummmmmmmmmm didnt ummmmmmm know I called you and ahhhhhhhhh asked you one last time if you wanted to play. This can ummmmmmmmm be our little ahhhhhhh secret."

Alot of talk about this on KFAN today: If Winfield is still not practcing by Friday, they should rest him so he is healthy for the GB game. (thats probably the more important game).

I am sure Asher Allen will be active for the 1st time. Sapp on the outside and Allen in the slot, see what the rookie's got. He had a good preseason.

Heard this as well and I agree. No sense in rushing AW back too soon and risk losing him for an extended period of time. As you said, the Packer game is more important in the grand scheme of things. And with the BYE looming after that, I wouldnt be opposed to holding him out of the next two if it means he's good to go for the stretch. Always a fine line between letting a player "man up" and play and being realistic/smart about managing injuries for the good of the player and team...

At Pitt will be a tough spot for AA to make his debut(if that is indeed what happens) so hopefully he is up to the challenge :wacko:

Hey tough guy...have you been in a cave? Menudo has been extremely subdued this year in his starting of steeler posts. Must be some sort of man crush that you have on him to be so jealous.

I know, after Menudo PM'ed me about the situation I clarified that I was busting his balls. Menudo and I have a bit of a history over the years with some serious ball busting and intimate PM's, but still no peepee touch.

But thanks for your stellar input, you manly-man. :wacko: