[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come on DMD! Really?

Grits and Shins

Dallas over Atlanta? I'm a Dallas fan and all ... but it seems like these two teams are on different paths with the Boys going in the wrong direction.

What has Dallas done recently that makes you believe they can put forth a solid defense for a full 4 quarters? Atlanta can run and and they can pass ... or are they going to lay down for the Boys in the new stadium? Or are you speculating that the offense is going to finally get out of their funk and will stop turning the ball over?

Isn't this the Cowboy team that had to give everything they had to defeat a hapless Kansas City team in over time? Atlanta is far superior to the Chiefs ... you really think playing at home is going to make that big a difference?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the NFL and anything can happen. Look at the Redskins and how they've lost to terrible, winless teams each and every week this season. No one would've ever guessed that would happen. So, Dallas beating Atlanta isn't too far fetched. Sure there may be some homerism involved.

Reading DMD's write up he points out that Atlanta has been thumped on the road playing well at home. He also points out that Dallas has had moments and comes off a bye week.

All that I understand ... but I watched Dallas' defense give up massive yards on the ground to TB and I watched them give up massive yards in the air to the Giants. Against New York, Denver and Kansas City the defense might as well have not been on the field in the 4th quarter for as effective as they were.

Between a defense that can't play for 60 minutes, an offense that has a propensity to turn the ball over, a powder puff coaching staff, and a propensity for drive killing penalties on offense and drive extending penalties on defense I don't see how this team can be predicted to win.

And I dang sure don't think Wade is going to out-coach anybody.

Edited by Grits and Shins

It's Atlanta's D. Their ppg allowed doesn't tell the whole story. They're below average in total yds against. They allow 118 rush ypg at 4.7 ypc including Forte's dud last week.

This is a bend, don't break D. Throw in the recent injuries in their secondary and this is a team that probably won't travel too well. Oh, and they haven't really traveled. Road games in DET, StL... please. SF, ok but that was just a weird game where ATL was able to do anything and everything against a pretty good team. And they didn't look good in NE.

Delhomme threw for 300 on this defense. Romo, Witten, Choice, Barber, Austin, and Williams shouldn't have too much trouble making this a game. Tracy Phillips may even vulture a TD or two. But as a Falcons homer, I must admit the latter would be pretty awesome.

Edited by kingfish247

I dislike the cowboys and have always disliked the cowboys.... but even with that.... I am see them beat Atlanta after a bye week and at home.

Sounds to me like some of you cowboy fans aren't as solid in your homerism as you try to make out you are. Shame shame.....

It's Atlanta's D. Their ppg allowed doesn't tell the whole story. They're below average in total yds against. They allow 118 rush ypg at 4.7 ypc including Forte's dud last week.

This is a bend, don't break D. Throw in the recent injuries in their secondary and this is a team that probably won't travel too well. Oh, and they haven't really traveled. Road games in DET, StL... please. SF, ok but that was just a weird game where ATL was able to do anything and everything against a pretty good team. And they didn't look good in NE.

Delhomme threw for 300 on this defense. Romo, Witten, Choice, Barber, Austin, and Williams shouldn't have too much trouble making this a game.

How did Dallas's offense look against Kansas City?

I dislike the cowboys and have always disliked the cowboys.... but even with that.... I am see them beat Atlanta after a bye week and at home.

Sounds to me like some of you cowboy fans aren't as solid in your homerism as you try to make out you are. Shame shame.....

Oh I'm a Cowboy fan ... just a jaded one. I think this team is soft largely because we have a powder puff coach ... and we have a powder puff coach because we have one of the worst GMs in the league. I hate the fact that a team that is clearly loaded with talent can be so negatively impacted by a horrible front office.

Oh I'm a Cowboy fan ... just a jaded one. I think this team is soft largely because we have a powder puff coach ... and we have a powder puff coach because we have one of the worst GMs in the league. I hate the fact that a team that is clearly loaded with talent can be so negatively impacted by a horrible front office.

Front office so far as? I mean - a team loaded with talent has the front office to thank, right? So they're no all that bad. Granted - some new coaches might be in order, but that seems easier than loading your team with talent.

Front office so far as? I mean - a team loaded with talent has the front office to thank, right? So they're no all that bad. Granted - some new coaches might be in order, but that seems easier than loading your team with talent.

The talent on this team now is largely thanks to Bill Parcells tenure. Bill is gone and it is back to the down hill slide. Bill = great GM, not-so-great coach.

Edited by Grits and Shins

How did Dallas's offense look against Kansas City?

That's one game. They looked pretty awful but it's not like Arrowhead is an easy place to play for an inconsistent, average team like the 'Boys.

KC only allows 8 more yds through the air per game.

ATL allows a slighty worse rush ypc.

How'd the 'Boys look against the Giants? Romo had his Delhomme like statline of 127, 1:3, 29.6 rating. Thanks to 250 rush yards, 8.7 rush ypc, and 3 TDs they came within a FG in the final seconds of the game.

I'm not saying Dallas will beat Atlanta. I'm just saying Dallas is an up-and-down team. Underachieving versus clearly inferior opponents and randomly showing up against teams they have no business beating, especially at home.

I am very comfortable in my homerism, but can be realistic also :wacko: