[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come on DMD! Really?

Grits and Shins

The talent on this team now is largely thanks to Bill Parcells tenure. Bill is gone and it is back to the down hill slide. Bill = great GM, not-so-great coach.

In Bills defense, its more than scouting and drafting that makes him great. Its his system and conditioning as he has players on the Dolphins way sharper then before he came. Its the mindset he establishes in a team and orginization. I know he is not the coach, but mini-camps and training camp are his babies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas over Atlanta? I'm a Dallas fan and all ... but it seems like these two teams are on different paths with the Boys going in the wrong direction.

What has Dallas done recently that makes you believe they can put forth a solid defense for a full 4 quarters? Atlanta can run and and they can pass ... or are they going to lay down for the Boys in the new stadium? Or are you speculating that the offense is going to finally get out of their funk and will stop turning the ball over?

Isn't this the Cowboy team that had to give everything they had to defeat a hapless Kansas City team in over time? Atlanta is far superior to the Chiefs ... you really think playing at home is going to make that big a difference?

Thank you. I wanted to write this same post almost word for word but I'm not a Cowboy fan so I assumed it wouldn't carry much weight. I don't see the boys hanging with Atlanta at all in this one. I just don't. Anything can (and often does) happen in the NFL, but Atlanta is clearly a better team in a better place right now.

Well, as I said it is going to be a close game (I have DAL winning but not covering) and it does depend on which team shows up.

When you are thinking of Atlanta, you must be thinking of the Falcons that went into SF and demolished the 49ers who were without their only offensive star and who gave up three scores to Turner after not allowing any rushing scores in their first four games. Turner still fell short of 4.0 YPC in that game and is averaging only 3.5 yards per game this year. Now he is on the road and in Dallas the Cowboys have not allowed anyone to score and no one has more than 64 rushing yards. You recall week one how the Bucs (at home) rushed against DAL but they were really the only team that did. Just week one and not how it has gone by any means since.

The Cowboys could have been 5-0 now if they would have held onto leads over the Giants (only loss to the 5-0 Saints) and Broncos (undefeated). Dallas struggled in KC from the emotional let down of losing in Denver.

I do like the Cowboys coming off a bye week since they know they have no margin for error and should be fired up for this home game.

The Falcons without a big rushing game can be beaten on the road. They just beat the visiting Bears by just one score, won in SF in an uncharacteristic game, lost by 16 on the road in NE, won by 8 points over visiting and punchless Panthers.

I quite honestly do not make "homer" picks when I project and predict. Vegas thinks DAL will win bigger than I do. I can see the game going either way and all projections are really is an expression of what has happened in the past factored in with current dynamics to state what is suggested as most likely to occur.

Most homers only remember the really good or really bad things their teams do. I take everything into account.

Were the game played in ATL, I would favor the Falcons. DAL has their own problems and mostly it comes from being undisciplined or being unable to finish games which is mostly coaching. Like most teams they have secondary problems and you can flip a coin at the end of games as to what they will do. But at home after a bye week all things considered, I like the 4 point win.

DMD picked Philly over Dallas last game of last year and we all know how that ended up. Atlanta wont be easy because they have some nice offensive weapons and like Blitz said our D is suspect. I expect a shootout . Dallas eeks out a win 28-24

DMD picked Philly over Dallas last game of last year and we all know how that ended up. Atlanta wont be easy because they have some nice offensive weapons and like Blitz said our D is suspect. I expect a shootout . Dallas eeks out a win 28-24

That really isn't a "shootout" score.

Well, as I said it is going to be a close game (I have DAL winning but not covering) and it does depend on which team shows up.

When you are thinking of Atlanta, you must be thinking of the Falcons that went into SF and demolished the 49ers who were without their only offensive star and who gave up three scores to Turner after not allowing any rushing scores in their first four games. Turner still fell short of 4.0 YPC in that game and is averaging only 3.5 yards per game this year. Now he is on the road and in Dallas the Cowboys have not allowed anyone to score and no one has more than 64 rushing yards. You recall week one how the Bucs (at home) rushed against DAL but they were really the only team that did. Just week one and not how it has gone by any means since.

The Cowboys could have been 5-0 now if they would have held onto leads over the Giants (only loss to the 5-0 Saints) and Broncos (undefeated). Dallas struggled in KC from the emotional let down of losing in Denver.

I do like the Cowboys coming off a bye week since they know they have no margin for error and should be fired up for this home game.

The Falcons without a big rushing game can be beaten on the road. They just beat the visiting Bears by just one score, won in SF in an uncharacteristic game, lost by 16 on the road in NE, won by 8 points over visiting and punchless Panthers.

I quite honestly do not make "homer" picks when I project and predict. Vegas thinks DAL will win bigger than I do. I can see the game going either way and all projections are really is an expression of what has happened in the past factored in with current dynamics to state what is suggested as most likely to occur.

Most homers only remember the really good or really bad things their teams do. I take everything into account.

Were the game played in ATL, I would favor the Falcons. DAL has their own problems and mostly it comes from being undisciplined or being unable to finish games which is mostly coaching. Like most teams they have secondary problems and you can flip a coin at the end of games as to what they will do. But at home after a bye week all things considered, I like the 4 point win.

I believe it is going to come down to turn overs and stupid penalties ... if the Dallas offense turns the ball over they don't have a defense that stands up. I don't have a lot of confidence that a bye week has fixed the turn overs and stupid penalties.

turnovers and penalties have been the death of them and sloppy play comes down to coaching IMO.

I can certainly see scenarios that DAL loses this game and if they do there will be great gnashing of teeth in DAL. But I think most likely if only for this one game they are good enough to beat the Falcons and not beat themselves.

Quick look at the skill positions shows Atanta with (1) the better QB, (2) the slightly better RB and (3) the better WRs. Call it a tie in regard to the better TE. Huge checkmark to the Falcons in the coaching department, too.

Defensively, the Cowboys have been mediocre at times, quasi-brutal at others. They are prone to disastrous TOs, and make the silliest penalties at the most critical times. I won't even get into the poor playcalling.

All this gets fixed in a week? :wacko:

This is a big-time game for both teams in regard to playoff positioning....as well as each team's division aspirations. The Cowboys have already ;lost to the GMen, so their prospects for winning the East have already been dimmed a tad. But for the Falcons, if they have any hope of staying within a game of the Saints and making next Monday Night's game a battle for 1st place, they have to win here.

One more note: Since their week 4 bye, Atlanta has been stellar defensively, manhandling previosuly unbeaten SF and 3-1 Chicago. Combined, they gave up just 24 points, and limited both teams to just 96 yards rushing COMBINED (excluding QB carries).

Sorry DMD.....Falcons 27, Dallas 17

One more note: Since their week 4 bye, Atlanta has been stellar defensively, manhandling previosuly unbeaten SF and 3-1 Chicago. Combined, they gave up just 24 points, and limited both teams to just 96 yards rushing COMBINED (excluding QB carries).

I'm sorry but the SF game was an outlier. As an ATL fan, it was awesome. But it wasn't representative of where either of those teams really are. SF was also missing Gore and, due to the weird game, had to abandon the run early.

Manhandled CHI? Forte struggled. What's new? But Cutler had a nice night and came within a few yards of tying the game despite CHI turning it over 1 more time than ATL. And despite ATL having ~75 fewer yards than CHI. A rotation of Choice/Barber/Jones isn't in the same ballpark as 2009 Forte or Glenn Coffee.

Now, as mentioned above, ATL lost a starting corner, DAL is off a bye, and at home. This is no gimme for ATL despite the advantages at a few skill positions.

Edited by kingfish247

Dallas is going to win. Handily. I daresay DESTROY the falcons.

THis is not to say they have righted the boat, or that i have renewed belief in my Cows making a run, but this situation is one they (imo) will predictably win.

By A LOT.

Isn't this the same thing you said about the Broncos????? :wacko:

That's one game. They looked pretty awful but it's not like Arrowhead is an easy place to play for an inconsistent, average team like the 'Boys.

KC only allows 8 more yds through the air per game.

ATL allows a slighty worse rush ypc.

How'd the 'Boys look against the Giants? Romo had his Delhomme like statline of 127, 1:3, 29.6 rating. Thanks to 250 rush yards, 8.7 rush ypc, and 3 TDs they came within a FG in the final seconds of the game.

I'm not saying Dallas will beat Atlanta. I'm just saying Dallas is an up-and-down team. Underachieving versus clearly inferior opponents and randomly showing up against teams they have no business beating, especially at home.

They have been making medication for your condition for years now.

See what happens when you don't take it?

:wacko:

turnovers and penalties have been the death of them and sloppy play comes down to coaching IMO.

I can certainly see scenarios that DAL loses this game and if they do there will be great gnashing of teeth in DAL. But I think most likely if only for this one game they are good enough to beat the Falcons and not beat themselves.

This seems right to me. :wacko:

The only thing Jerry Jones gnashes these days are strain'd peas. He has to be careful though; Al Davis likes to flash that CRIPlle sign and then send warriors out to snag the apple sauce.

In any way, I'll take the Falcons, and any reasonable wager.