[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Basic plumbimg question

MrTed46

I have PEX Tubing going from boiler to heating element (baseboard). The heating element is 3/4" Copper my pex is 1/2".

I want to get a fitting or adapter to join these two. On the copper side do I get Male or Female Sweat adaptor?

For example,

do I order 3/4" Copper Male Sweat x 1/2" Pex adapter

Or

do I order 3/4" Copper Female Sweat x 1/2" Pex adapter

TIA

I have PEX Tubing going from boiler to heating element (baseboard). The heating element is 3/4" Copper my pex is 1/2".

I want to get a fitting or adapter to join these two. On the copper side do I get Male or Female Sweat adaptor?

For example,

do I order 3/4" Copper Male Sweat x 1/2" Pex adapter

Or

do I order 3/4" Copper Female Sweat x 1/2" Pex adapter

TIA

Think of the copper stub as a copper pecker. That's your male side. The fitting (i.e. "the hole") is your female part.

Edited by Chief Dick

Yes it does...you can not go wrong with this product. In my cabin I installed three shut off valves and repaired a leak in less than ten minutes. Time is money too. PAY THE EXTRA AND GET THE SHARK!

how-it-works

I need about 20 fittings and like 10 couplings so I would need ~30 shakbite fittings at about $5 excess in cost, it adds up.

I do hear good things about these though.

just call a plumber and be done with it Ted....who knows if ya get the right parts and if ya can install'm right....water damage is a bitch that adds up and then yer at square 1 and tacos out the ass again

My plumber friend is going to do it, he told me to get the material. He wasnt picking up his phone so I came to the huddle.

ETA: Well he's not a plumber, but a handyman who has done this before.

Edited by MrTed46

My plumber friend is going to do it, he told me to get the material. He wasnt picking up his phone so I came to the huddle.

ETA: Well he's not a plumber, but a handyman who has done this before.

go to the hardware and get plenty of extra parts so ya don't waste time goin brack & forth....he'll appreciate that.....then take brack the extras another day

UPDATE? Do i sense there's still shrinkage in the Ted Tower :wacko: or is it all warm & moist

Ordered the parts, he will start Monday. Just in time for winter.

I had my house under renovations from June, mostly DIY with some hired help here and there. I can't wait for it to be over, but the end is near!

Ordered the parts, he will start Monday. Just in time for winter.

I had my house under renovations from June, mostly DIY with some hired help here and there. I can't wait for it to be over, but the end is near!

:wacko: good ta here......by any chance has the wife bitched about dust :D