[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ROI

Grits and Shins

d3 give scholarships now?

no, but I played lacrosse for Widener (D3) back in the early 90's and I was given several "grants" which were basically tuition discounts, and was also given athletic office "work study" which meant that I had to go down to the AO each day sign a piece of paper and would receive a check every 2 weeks for my time "worked". There are ways to compensate/recruit desirable athletes that are not technically scholarships, or at least there were for me.

[uPDATE]

My daughter has an official campus visit with UTD ... they are interested in starting her at SS next year ... even though the only time she has ever played SS was when they asked to see her do it this weekend in the tournament.

This week is the campus visit to Southwestern University

The week after is the campus visit to Trinity

University of Louisiana at Lafayette is in the works ...

That last two college look tournaments have been good.

[uPDATE]

My daughter has an official campus visit with UTD ... they are interested in starting her at SS next year ... even though the only time she has ever played SS was when they asked to see her do it this weekend in the tournament.

This week is the campus visit to Southwestern University

The week after is the campus visit to Trinity

University of Louisiana at Lafayette is in the works ...

That last two college look tournaments have been good.

Good stuff Grits. Congrats.

My daughter has been playing LL softball for a few years and just hooked up with a 14U ASA team. She's 11

UPDATE

Visited with Southwestern University this weekend. My daughter really liked the softball coach and team. She like the school itself and the campus ... but not as much as Trinity. The Trinity visit is next weekend so she will have a chance to compare the Trinity coach and team. Right now these are the top two schools she is considering. It looks like she will qualify for about half the tuition in scholarships. Not sure how we are going to afford to pay for it yet ...

UTD is very interested, we will be visiting with them next week.

Austin College visit is the week after.

Several other schools have called and are interested ... University of Dallas, University of the Ozarks, University of Mary Hardin Baylor, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and some school in Virginia that I can't remember the name of ...

Very nice! Congrats to her for her accomplishments. Congrats to your wife, and you for your guidance.

Jobs well done all around! :wacko::D

Well said. Nice job to all :D Congrats. She sounds like a great kid

She is very interested in both Trinity and Southwestern and is having a hard time making a decision between the two.

She kind of forgot about the University of Louisiana at Lafayette ... but they have expressed renewed interest in taking a look at her.

She has some difficult decisions ahead of her.