[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Milk

whomper

Just saw this for the first time on HBO on demand. What a powerful movie and phenominal performance by Sean Penn. If you havent seen this movie it is certainly worth your time. Penn was awesome.

I can't stand Penn.

Normally he annoys me too but he really did well in this this role. He played a gay activist but didnt over do the stereotypical gay mannerisms . They mixed in a lot of real footage with the movie as well. I never heard of Harvey Milk. The guy was a real champion of the cause. It was a great story.

Edited by whomper

Just saw this for the first time on HBO on demand. What a powerful movie and phenominal performance by Sean Penn. If you havent seen this movie it is certainly worth your time. Penn was awesome.

Did you watch Brokeback Mountain to complete a gay double-feature ? :wacko:

Normally he annoys me too but he really did well in this this role. He played a gay activist but didnt over do the stereotypical gay mannerisms . They mixed in a lot of real footage with the movie as well. I never heard of Harvey Milk. The guy was a real champion of the cause. It was a great story.

I agree, amazing how his performance makes you forget about the whole gay thing. I was somewhat adamant about skipping this movie but my wife wanted to see it and there was nothing better on Netflix that we hadn't already seen. Very glad I put my prejudice aside and watched it.

I'm also not a huge Penn fan but I think his talent is undeniable and I still don't understand how Into the Wild didn't take home a boatload of awards.

I had no idea who Harvey Milk was prior to seeing this movie, but I do remember the whole Anita Bryant thing growing up. A very powerful movie indeed.

I think he's referring to his outspoken political beliefs. See visit to Iraq with Saddam, etc.

Am I the only one that completely ignores anything he has to say off the screen? Why do the utterances of an actor cause right wingers to get so bent out of shape? :wacko:

Make up your mind.

Penn is usually annoying but was great in Carlito's Way. I didn't even realize it was him right off.

:wacko: not sure what I need to make up my mind about archie. Penn annoys me sometimes but he was great in this role and I didn't know of milk until this movie. It was a great story

Am I the only one that completely ignores anything he has to say off the screen? Why do the utterances of an actor cause right wingers to get so bent out of shape? :wacko:

Probably because the media gives the actor a platform to spout his anti-USA views. I guess the right wing does not like to hear someone that is a citizen of the USA tell us the country sucks.